SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#478986 - 10/25/19 09:43 PM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: rikkisbears]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
do you mean when you’re playing it as a solo instrument , or what?

Hmmmm .... thought I responded to this question. (gremlins?)
Anyhoo - I often start a song acapella (with harmony), and then kick on the drums. Yamaha doesn't allow the harmonies to appear unless the rhythm is running. (it may, in vocoder mode, but I use chord mode). This setback (for me) also makes it impossible to hold out a long note after the style has stopped. That's another thing I do a lot.

Hi Dave,
I must have missed it, it was 6am when I started reading. Haha
Still in half sleep mode, so this may not be possible ,
but could a registration be used that silenced the style itself, rhythm is still running. There’s 8 registrations to play with.. Unfortunately can’t use a mic to test it.

Hi Dave,
I turned the style part volume down to zero and saved it as a registration.
The chords change in left hand, no sound.
As soon as I press another registration, back to normal.
Maybe it might work for you with harmoniser, I can’t try it.

Thanks Rikki, but that's too specific to be a general workaround. I need flexibility at a moment's notice. I knew the VH2 was sub par going into this, but there are so many other great things I like. In many cases, when I take this out on a job, I'll just sing straight without the backups. When it's more important, the TC will fill the bill.

#479015 - 10/26/19 12:13 PM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

Hi Dave,
I turned the style part volume down to zero and saved it as a registration.
The chords change in left hand, no sound.
As soon as I press another registration, back to normal.
Maybe it might work for you with harmoniser, I can’t try it.

Thanks Rikki, but that's too specific to be a general workaround. I need flexibility at a moment's notice. I knew the VH2 was sub par going into this, but there are so many other great things I like. In many cases, when I take this out on a job, I'll just sing straight without the backups. When it's more important, the TC will fill the bill. [/quote]

Hi Dave,
I was thinking a generic silent style on registration 8 , something along those lines.
Theoretically sounded ok . In practice obviously not. Haha

Good to hear it’s not a deal breaker for you.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online