Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#478939 - 10/25/19 12:43 PM Re: Genos V2 update, more news. [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
Originally Posted By Dnj
so what does this mean for arranger keyboards down the road...
OS updates only & many years in-between new models?

If they at the end manage to deliver hardware that stands up for years and is capable to swallow lots of softwareupdates, it's great.
But, it's probably poor business for both the companies and distributors?
And not to forget, it may be a nightmare for Donny that have to wait much longer for new arrangers to try out. wink laugh

Hi,
I personally wouldn’t mind if they charged for UPGRADES ie added new functions styles , sounds etc BUT not updates , where they just haven’t got something right in the first place and have to fix it.
Problem is, how long do keyboards last without developing hardware problems.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#478950 - 10/25/19 01:08 PM Re: Genos V2 update, more news. [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

Exactly Rikki,......Imagine if we still had to drive a
updated Model T Ford in today's day and age,
eg: (Cuba comes to mind)?

#478955 - 10/25/19 01:27 PM Re: Genos V2 update, more news. [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, I've been to Havana and Gitmo City - those cars were junkers and the only thing holding them together was the paint, many of which were painted over with house paint. There was a black market created just after Castro took over and 3rd party parts were smuggled into Cuba from the US. Most of the cars burned as much oil as they did gas. wink And, I don't recall seeing any Model Ts or Model As there - mostly 1950s Cheveys and Fords, a few Cadillacs and Lincolns and lots of very old, converted, school busses. Nothing had AC.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#478968 - 10/25/19 03:33 PM Re: Genos V2 update, more news. [Re: Dnj]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Originally Posted By Dnj
so what does this mean for arranger keyboards down the road...
OS updates only & many years in-between new models?

This makes perfect sense to me. Yammy usurped the new Roland Synth with the update to Montage & Modyx and I reckon this will put a dent in any new arranger from Korg as well. Really 6K Aust dollars should mean updates like this and I thank Yamaha from the bottom of my heart. I love my Genos and it’s going to be unbelievably better after the 15th November!

#478972 - 10/25/19 04:33 PM Re: Genos V2 update, more news. [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Donny, I've been to Havana and Gitmo City - those cars were junkers and the only thing holding them together was the paint, many of which were painted over with house paint. There was a black market created just after Castro took over and 3rd party parts were smuggled into Cuba from the US. Most of the cars burned as much oil as they did gas. wink And, I don't recall seeing any Model Ts or Model As there - mostly 1950s Cheveys and Fords, a few Cadillacs and Lincolns and lots of very old, converted, school busses. Nothing had AC.

All the best,

Gary cool

Gary your missing my point Cuba continually RETORING 40's & 50's cars, Model T's, etc, it doesn't matter the point I am trying to make is regarding keyboards is UPDATING vs NEWLY DESIGNED!

#478977 - 10/25/19 05:26 PM Re: Genos V2 update, more news. [Re: Robbo]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Robbo
[Really 6K Aust dollars should mean updates like this and I thank Yamaha from the bottom of my heart. I love my Genos and it’s going to be unbelievably better after the 15th November!

Hi Robbo,
They’re very expensive here. Actually would make one more likely to spend that sort of money if they knew it had a longer shelf life than the 3 year cycle . You buy it , 3 years later , new model. You lose so much money on them when you sell them.

P.s small world. My S950 found a new home out your way.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#478990 - 10/26/19 04:10 AM Re: Genos V2 update, more news. [Re: rikkisbears]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Originally Posted By Robbo
[Really 6K Aust dollars should mean updates like this and I thank Yamaha from the bottom of my heart. I love my Genos and it’s going to be unbelievably better after the 15th November!

Hi Robbo,
They’re very expensive here. Actually would make one more likely to spend that sort of money if they knew it had a longer shelf life than the 3 year cycle . You buy it , 3 years later , new model. You lose so much money on them when you sell them.

P.s small world. My S950 found a new home out your way.

Hi mate, maybe that’s what Yammy are doing, makes sense to me and with the updates I’m thinking whilst at first I thought Genos was way overpriced I’m now thinking good value. Can’t see any reason why Yamaha would even consider another flagship when this one is going to be pretty much the perfect solution.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online