SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#47863 - 01/13/05 02:41 AM Re: KN7000 failure
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Peter,
The comment Quote "if this does not work get in touch and I'll send you some special self extractors to try re-installing the o/s." in my original posting, was within Alec's reply to rikkisbears. I do not possess the utility - sorry!! I believe it was a 'special offer' related to rikki's specific problem and probably irrelevant to your situation, now that your KN has gone to the doctor . I just quoted Alec's post in total.......

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#47864 - 01/13/05 08:19 AM Re: KN7000 failure
dpeisic Offline

Loc: San Deigo, Ca, USA
It may also be as simple as the on/off switch, contact type problem.

With regards to the KN7000 on/off switch, to avoide wear&tear on the kn7000 on/off switch, is it safe to connect the kn7000 power cord to a switch surge box and to turn it on and off from the swtich box (while kn700 on /off botton is alwyes on) rather than from the kn7000?

W/r
Doron Peisic

#47865 - 01/13/05 09:05 PM Re: KN7000 failure
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Peter,
fortunately for me, I never required the stuff Alec offered to send. The initial instructions that I followed, actually fixed my keyboard, obviously my operating system was still working.

best wishes
Rikki

Luckily also saved me an expensive service call.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Peter Lowden:
[B]
You mention Bill "special self extractors to re-installing the o/s" if it's not too much trouble i'd love a copy of these files with any brief instructions on how to install the OS.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online