SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#478661 - 10/23/19 03:34 PM Re: OK I"M DONE SX900 on the way back... [Re: Dnj]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Probably I don't appreciate enough the fact that I live 1.5 hours away from Moscow and usually I can try most of keyboards at a store. So it seems a bit unusual to me to order something just to try it. Although it's getting really popular here to order clothes just to try them on, but it is usually delivered to a local "office" (don't know the right term in English). Mostly here people prefer to pick up things in some "agency" nearby rather than to wait for a courier to come home. Additionally, we live in a city like in an anthill, so it's more rational this way.

I'm saying it because I can imagine this feeling about whether it's right one or not when you're actually trying it personally. In the same time under a pressure sometimes it's easy to decline everything just for a sake of being on a safe side.

Given that recently you had PA4X and now you gave SX900 a chance, I'm not really sure that the industry of arranger keyboards has a lot more to offer.

Now it's been nearly 2 months since I got Juno DS, I can say that I have some complains, but generally I feel that I need this keyboard and it helps me to do what I can't do without it, but what I want to say is that even after this amount of time I'm still getting used to it, it still feels new to me.

I can't really see what I actually can learn within a day; even two weeks, trying to cover everything, is just stressful and surely not enough.

Meanwhile, thinking about upgrading my PSR-S950, I was repeatedly coming to a dissapointment for two reasons: it would involve significant expenses, and all the alternatives didn't seem to offer a big improvement, sometimes it even seemed as a regression. Even when I listen to demos of SX900 I hear a lot of familiar stuff.

My PSR-S950 in a service now and they called me and said that I had used it so much that they would have to replace a pitch bend and some buttons. So I hope that I will play it for some time and then with some luck I'll get a new SX900 or something, in that case such an upgrade will be justified on a ground of a physical conditions.

So far I have to play my old PSR-3000, while voices are quite dated, there's still something to work with, but it is having them both (Juno DS with 76 keys and an arranger) is what keeping me enthused.

Coincidentally, Zuki also had some dissapointments when he was trying to get a newer arranger and then he just added Yamaha MX61 to his old one and it seemed to work well for him.

Basically, some recent PSR like S970, or Korg PA700/1000 are already TOTL instruments in many terms, and it's hard to go higher when you're already close to a top, and it leaves you to move in different directions.

It's similar to what scientists say about money. Till a certain level more money can mean more "happiness", but after a certain point it just stops working. And it leaves a person to look for a happiness in other things, mostly in building relationships with other people.

#478662 - 10/23/19 03:41 PM Re: OK I"M DONE SX900 on the way back... [Re: cgiles]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By cgiles

Just curious; does it hurt your credibility with a store (Sweetwater?) if you keep buying and then returning high-end merchandise?
That's what I have been wondering.

Anyhow, hope you find something soon; we're all so mesmerized by your spellbinding quest. Maybe next time you could wait until you've kept something for a couple of weeks before you unveil your new purchase.
Or even a couple days. On the bright side, I know where somebody can get a good deal on an open box unit in a few days. They even carry a two year warranty.

Edited by W Tracy Parnell (10/23/19 03:50 PM)

#478664 - 10/23/19 04:01 PM Re: OK I"M DONE SX900 on the way back... [Re: Kabinopus]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By Kabinopus
Given that recently you had PA4X and now you gave SX900 a chance, I'm not really sure that the industry of arranger keyboards has a lot more to offer.

I believe that he's had a higher-end Ketron and I know he had an E-A7 which is the defacto TOTL for Roland. That only leaves the Genos if he is going to stay with arrangers. Where's that guy that had the fake photo of everyone playing a Genos when you need him?

#478665 - 10/23/19 04:26 PM Re: OK I"M DONE SX900 on the way back... [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Donny, not that you need suggestions from me, but while waiting for whatever is next,why not think of the last board you were happy with until something newer came along ... Go back to THAT board and dig into it and see what you can make it sound like ...

#478666 - 10/23/19 04:41 PM Re: OK I"M DONE SX900 on the way back... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Donny, not that you need suggestions from me, but while waiting for whatever is next,why not think of the last board you were happy with until something newer came along ... Go back to THAT board and dig into it and see what you can make it sound like ...

Tony Bingo you hit it right on the head buddy...

It's on the way here..

Take care paisan

#478667 - 10/23/19 04:50 PM Re: OK I"M DONE SX900 on the way back... [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By tony mads usa

Tony Bingo you hit it right on the head buddy...

It's on the way here..

Take care paisan

S975?

#478668 - 10/23/19 04:52 PM Re: OK I"M DONE SX900 on the way back... [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

No Steve sorry..

#478670 - 10/23/19 04:54 PM Re: OK I"M DONE SX900 on the way back... [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
No Steve sorry..

No problem Donny it was just a guess smile

#478671 - 10/23/19 04:55 PM Re: OK I"M DONE SX900 on the way back... [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
If he told you Steve, there'd be no drama. And isn't that the point.

#478672 - 10/23/19 04:58 PM Re: OK I"M DONE SX900 on the way back... [Re: cgiles]
Stephenm52 Offline

If he told you Steve, there'd be no drama. And isn't that the point.

GRIN!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online