#478709 - 10/23/19 09:12 PM Re: Roland..sound... [Re: Fran Carango]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Then it would be a Jupiter grin

Precisely..

I think i know what that grin means..
Thats how i have been walking around ever since i made this decision

For those that don’t know..
The jupiter 80 is what could have been the perfect arranger..
It has 4 layered sounds on the left hand
Also 4 layered sounds on the right hand
It has an extra voice for a solo instrument on the far right
And a drum/percussion/bass on the far left
And direct controll over all the parts and splits..
It also has harmony settings for the righthand part..
And it has all the super natural sounds on board..

The only thing it does not have is styles..
Just am arpeggiator and drumrythms..

Its also one of those instruments that didn’t sell well
But now everyone suddenly wants one..
Which indicates it was far ahead of its time (which is often seen with Roland)

Its also perfectly suited for comtrolling arranger modules, because of this voice structure

http://keyszone.boards.net

#478710 - 10/23/19 09:18 PM Re: Roland..sound... [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Crossover
FA-07?

A lovely instrument, but more a workstation then a players instrument, crossed my mind tough..

The jupiter 80 is solely aimed at playing music and having fun.. what makes it so good is over 2500 live sets..of 4 layers for left and right hand.. you can just select and play away..or use for sound creation..

It has all those things inside imlove from arrangers with the exception of styles

Originally Posted By Dnj

Or FA08

Why would i go back to an 88 key, thats just the path i left behind 🤪

http://keyszone.boards.net

#478711 - 10/23/19 09:31 PM Re: Roland..sound... [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Aren't you mostly a piano player taking lessons?

hence the 88key statement...

Edited by Dnj (10/24/19 05:47 AM)

#478712 - 10/23/19 09:32 PM Re: Roland..sound... [Re: Bachus]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Bachus, just curious. I don't follow these things too closely but I have a barely used (bought new) Fantom G7 with all the upgrades and was wondering what the difference was between it and the Jupiter. I must admit I never really explored the Fantom G7 in depth but always thought it had a lot of features. How would IT have fit the role you have planned for the Jupiter?

chas

#478714 - 10/24/19 02:25 AM Re: Roland..sound... [Re: cgiles]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
Bachus, just curious. I don't follow these things too closely but I have a barely used (bought new) Fantom G7 with all the upgrades and was wondering what the difference was between it and the Jupiter. I must admit I never really explored the Fantom G7 in depth but always thought it had a lot of features. How would IT have fit the role you have planned for the Jupiter?

chas

Chas, the G7 is a workstation (very good one), with sequencer, audio and midi recording and sampling,.

The Jupiter 80 is a performance instrument (also very good) with NO sequencing or sampling. The sound engine is based on the Integra7.. with the Integra7 having the edge in complete sound library (includes all of the SRX expansion sounds..).

#478728 - 10/24/19 06:24 AM Re: Roland..sound... [Re: Fran Carango]
Crossover Offline

Chas, the G7 is a workstation (very good one), with sequencer, audio and midi recording and sampling,.

The Jupiter 80 is a performance instrument (also very good) with NO sequencing or sampling. The sound engine is based on the Integra7.. with the Integra7 having the edge in complete sound library (includes all of the SRX expansion sounds..).

But that's exactly what the Jupiter 80 does NOT have: the complete SRX library. None of it. That's why it wouldn't be so appealing to me.

#478729 - 10/24/19 06:38 AM Re: Roland..sound... [Re: Crossover]
Dnj Offline

But that's exactly what the Jupiter 80 does NOT have: the complete SRX library. None of it. That's why it wouldn't be so appealing to me.

Well they have to make extra money somehow,...maybe some people don't need or want ALL the SRX sounds and just want specific libraries...
all in all the Jupiter 80 is an awesome keyboard for sure.

#478731 - 10/24/19 06:42 AM Re: Roland..sound... [Re: Bachus]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Thanks Fran. It's a good looking keyboard with a GREAT keybed feel but it is waaayyyy too complicated to explore without digging deeply into the manual. You're right about it being a workstation vs performance board as it seems to make no concession to ergonomics and/or easy navigation. The voices are numerous but I never thought they were even close to say the Kronos (which I always intended to trade it for, but never did). I've never been heavily into sequencing or sampling so a lot of the power and features of this board were completely wasted on me. At the time I bought it, it was just too pretty to resist but basically, I enjoy playing way more than 'fiddling' around with menus, knobs, dials, and buttons. I guess (electronically) I like (performance-oriented) SYNTHS more than the more feature-rich WORKSTATIONS. Oh well.

chas

Edited by cgiles (10/24/19 06:42 AM)

#478734 - 10/24/19 06:57 AM Re: Roland..sound... [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
[quote=Fran Carango]

Well they have to make extra money somehow,...maybe some people don't need or want ALL the SRX sounds and just want specific libraries...
all in all the Jupiter 80 is an awesome keyboard for sure. [/quote

The SRX library are the best sounds, less the behavioral quality of Supernatural.

They are one of the main reasons I will buy another Integra7 (but it is best if I wait till February) wink

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online