SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#47843 - 09/08/03 04:27 PM Re: Measure Edit
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
I don't think my feeble old mind can absorb much more of this brilliance. I will now leave this thread and get on with more pressing things.

#47844 - 09/08/03 05:18 PM Re: Measure Edit
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
All I really wanted to do is increase the length of a song. I was having trouble doing that, because the "Ending" was interfering with copying desired measures.

I am happy to say, that thanks to all of you, I now know how to complete such a task. It's just a matter of choosing the correct option.

Actually, to avoid this problem in the future, I will not include an "Ending" while recording, instead I will add the Ending as a last step, AFTER all editing, measure copying, etc. is complete.

Thanks everyone for very enlighting and thought provoking responses. Nothing beats learning from experts.

Regards,
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#47845 - 09/08/03 05:48 PM Re: Measure Edit
Retired Offline

Loc: England
Hi
I’m sure every KN7000 owner who’s read this
great, enlightening thread must have learned
something from it, and I would like to thank
the participants for sharing their detailed
knowledge, which I hope one day I will be able
to make use of, as I down load it, and put it
with “Getting the most from your KN7000”
bible. But I must admit I am very ignorant
of a lot of this technology, which has a tendency
to go right over my head, and to prove how simple
I am. The best part of this thread for me was,
Larry Hawk’s Smilies!!!
I know, I should get out more.
Thank you once again,
Best wishes,
Fred UK.

#47846 - 09/08/03 08:33 PM Re: Measure Edit
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Well Fred,
We all have to start sometime.
Regards,
Walt

#47847 - 09/09/03 02:31 AM Re: Measure Edit
technicsplayer Offline

this subject is always a favourite. I seem to remember covering it in detail on the old forum, and if you have Technote magazine did a step by step tutorial last year, I think. Personally I use step record only as a last resort when no other fix is available purely because it is a very inefficient menu in terms of button pushing and time.

#47848 - 09/09/03 11:24 AM Re: Measure Edit
Alan P Offline

Loc: UK
Larry, In answer to your original question ‘How to extend a song’ and it’s been right round the houses, copy , erase this , punch in that, it all sounds to complicated.
‘Measure copy’ is a pain in the butt, try ‘MEASURE INSERT’. The song moves along nicely keeping all them events in their place ready for you to input a fill and a voice change at the new section. Have fun.

Alan P.

#47849 - 09/09/03 12:31 PM Re: Measure Edit
technicsplayer Offline

The complication occurs when an ending is within the section you require to repeat, Alan. In those circumstances the steps I described are required for a succesful result.

#47850 - 09/09/03 04:47 PM Re: Measure Edit
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Alec,
I believe where some of the confusion comes in is that in actual live play most of us hit the ending button before the end of the last measure of the song. The keyboard is smart enough to not actually start the ending sequence until the next measure.
As I see it, this is where the "delete" problem arises. The Ending Command (*) is placed in the control track 6 at the time the button is hit - in this case, in the measure before where you hear the ending. However, the sequencer records the ending APC data (track 5) in the measure where the ending actually is playing.
This means that when listening to a sequence, lets say that the ending starts in measure 48, you must erase the ending command (*) in measure 47 because that's where it is. Track 5 with the recorded APC ending would be in measure 48 so that's where track 5 must be deleted.
I have had the best luck just using Measure Delete>All starting with the measure just before the ending. This leaves the end of the song intact and has deleted the ending every time.
Regards,
Walt

[This message has been edited by Walt Meyer (edited 09-09-2003).]

#47851 - 09/10/03 02:56 AM Re: Measure Edit
technicsplayer Offline

yes, that is one scenario (presumably from this particular song) Walt, and another I come across is where the tail of the melody or counter melody overlaps the beginning of the ending deliberately. You wish a repeat but merely chopping measures would cut off the end of the melody in the middle of the song. I describe solutions as universal as possible so they fit as many circumstances as you may come across in different songs.

#47852 - 09/10/03 08:20 AM Re: Measure Edit
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I sent this particular song out via Bebop.
For those who did not recieve it, I made a link, so that you may download it, investigate it, and give a try at doubling the length of the song.

If you could, let us all know how you doubled the song, and why I had a hard time, I believe most of us here at the forum would be interested at your particular way of editing.

So for all those who want to give it a try:
http://www.geocities.com/hawk1866/MeasureEdit.html?1063206085515

Thanks everyone, you all make learning the 7000 fun !

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online