SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#478470 - 10/22/19 08:42 AM Re: SX900 arriving Thursday [Re: DonM]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Welcome back Donny!
I am very close to ordering a SX900 as well....
Lee

#478471 - 10/22/19 08:44 AM Re: SX900 arriving Thursday [Re: DonM]
leeboy Offline

Seriously gang...is there an announcement soon on a 73 key SX???? I would prefer that....to 51
Lee

#478473 - 10/22/19 08:56 AM Re: SX900 arriving Thursday [Re: leeboy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By leeboy
Seriously gang...is there an announcement soon on a 73 key SX???? I would prefer that....to 51
Lee

Yeah Lee, nobody likes a "51" smile. Hey, we were all just kidding around, enjoying a brief moment of levity on this 'oh so serious' board smile. So NO, there will be no 73 key SX950; that Will be an option on the SX975 which will be released 3 months later (I have inside sources).

chas

#478474 - 10/22/19 09:07 AM Re: SX900 arriving Thursday [Re: DonM]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Better place your orders soon they are selling like hotcakes. smile

#478475 - 10/22/19 09:08 AM Re: SX900 arriving Thursday [Re: DonM]
girljam Offline

Loc: FL
Very interested to hear all feedback! Not ready to buy again soon, thanks to this great forum, got another 970 and am still loving it, quite an upgrade from my 910!

Play on!

PSR S970, PSR S910, ShureSM57 mics, and way too much misc.

#478478 - 10/22/19 09:47 AM Re: SX900 arriving Thursday [Re: girljam]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By girljam
Very interested to hear all feedback! Not ready to buy again soon, thanks to this great forum, got another 970 and am still loving it, quite an upgrade from my 910!

Play on!

smile cool

#478482 - 10/22/19 10:04 AM Re: SX900 arriving Thursday [Re: DonM]
leeboy Offline

Chas, So there will be SX975 with more keys? Or are you just kidding around again?
Lee

#478485 - 10/22/19 10:23 AM Re: SX900 arriving Thursday [Re: DonM]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Another welcome back DNJ. I really appreciated your super critical reviews of new equipment. I have been suffering from upgradeites for sometime and your comments have reinforced my laying back on making any sort of a move. I have the PSR3000 that still does 90% more than I'm capable of doing and I've had it for over a year now.
There is so much sitting up in advance on these kb's today. I can't imagine how long it would take me to learn a new kb! If the kb doesn't sound a lot better why bother? Considering that sounds are sampled, how much better can a new product really sound? All the official demos emphasize the great piano sounds but really how much greater can you make a piano sound? I am much more interested in the sweet tenor sax, and trumpets that sound like trumpets. And of course the BIG one, I want a sample of Willies Martin! Coming to the conclusion of using VST's running thru the kb's sound system. I have a free vst, DEXED that is a klone of the DX7 with over 30,000 patches! I also have the Korg vst's and have been looking at the Roland collection. Would appreciate your comments on using vst's to add sounds versus the purchase of a new kb.

#478486 - 10/22/19 11:03 AM Re: SX900 arriving Thursday [Re: ekurburski]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By ekurburski
Another welcome back DNJ. I really appreciated your super critical reviews of new equipment. I have been suffering from upgradeites for sometime and your comments have reinforced my laying back on making any sort of a move. I have the PSR3000 that still does 90% more than I'm capable of doing and I've had it for over a year now.
There is so much sitting up in advance on these kb's today. I can't imagine how long it would take me to learn a new kb! If the kb doesn't sound a lot better why bother? Considering that sounds are sampled, how much better can a new product really sound? All the official demos emphasize the great piano sounds but really how much greater can you make a piano sound? I am much more interested in the sweet tenor sax, and trumpets that sound like trumpets. And of course the BIG one, I want a sample of Willies Martin! Coming to the conclusion of using VST's running thru the kb's sound system. I have a free vst, DEXED that is a klone of the DX7 with over 30,000 patches! I also have the Korg vst's and have been looking at the Roland collection. Would appreciate your comments on using vst's to add sounds versus the purchase of a new kb.

PM

#478490 - 10/22/19 12:40 PM Re: SX900 arriving Thursday [Re: leeboy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By leeboy
Chas, So there will be SX975 with more keys? Or are you just kidding around again?
Lee

No Lee, just kidding around with Rikki and Bill and also sort of razzing Yamaha for making people buy a whole new keyboard just to get incremental updates. The only way to get the features you want (ie. 61/76/88 keys) is to keep harassing (demanding) the manufacturer and encouraging your friends to do the same.

If I had a say, I'd have 'industry-standard' (as in interchangeable between manufacturers) midi controls on configurable modules (from 'basic' to 'all the features') so that a user could simply choose a controller (or two - ie 61 for synths and instruments and 76 or 88 for true keyboard instrument such as piano/Rhodes/clav) and the updatable module of his choice. Ideally, the soundsets from any manufacturer could be played on any other manufacturer's module. Imagine having a Genos, PA4x, and SD90 combined in one module played with your favorite keybed. Technically possible, yes, but from a marketing point of view, what is good for the consumer is rarely good for the merchant/manufacturer. The closest thing at this time is probably the V-Arranger.

Sorry to confuse you. Whenever you hear me say something far-fetched, assume I'm kidding.

chas

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online