SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#478213 - 10/17/19 12:12 AM Re: Pa4x the good, the bad, the ugly [Re: saxxman]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
My thoughts about Donny:
He is OK, he is doing fine. He does spend a lot of time on the computer ---- and why not. I understand his story about him selling his two Pa4x, and getting another one, and then sending it back. I to sold two Pa4x, and almost bought a third. Does this show poor character, a man who does not know what he is doing or saying, or a man who has lost his creditability? HELL NO!

I see a man who loves what he once did. The excitement of playing for people. The adrenalin, the highs, he misses every bit of it. And he was good at it. Donny is looking for excitement he misses, he is looking at a new keyboard to fill that missing exciting. He watches the video demos of the Pa4x and he begins to get excited again, and what he finds is disappointment – so the new Pa4x gets sent back.

I picture Donny watching a demo and picturing how he could have done that part better, or maybe different. There is more than a video of a keyboard going on.

My wife passed away in 1994, my memories of her are slowly leaving, many of them are gone. Not so with music, our keyboards keep our blood flowing. He longs for the feelings he once had.

A new keyboard, or a demo he just watched brings him excitement, he shares that excitement and receives fun blows. Most of the fun blows are not very funny.

My thoughts for Donny: keep buying those keyboards; keep sharing what you are feeling; and keep being the crazy guy you are, perfect, it’s special. The first time I listened to this guy play I said, this guy is a musician.

Sorry for the long page, but I like this man, John C.

#478214 - 10/17/19 01:35 AM Re: Pa4x the good, the bad, the ugly [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
John, a very thoughtful post. I too like Donny, and still will when the SX900 is gone. I am kidding, Donny, keep on being you.

#478222 - 10/17/19 03:07 AM Re: Pa4x the good, the bad, the ugly [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
We all like Donny, he is a good guy. πŸ‘ smile
He sure do a lot to make this SZ forum alive, and it would be rather dull withut his nearly 40 000 posts.
Keep 'em coming Donny, and I have a feeling about that when explore SX900, the Genos will not be too far away from your doorsteps. wink
keys
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#478225 - 10/17/19 03:47 AM Re: Pa4x the good, the bad, the ugly [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
We all like Donny, he is a good guy. πŸ‘ smile
He sure do a lot to make this SZ forum alive, and it would be rather dull withut his nearly 40 000 posts.
Keep 'em coming Donny,. wink
keys

Totally agree Jonny.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#478228 - 10/17/19 05:10 AM Re: Pa4x the good, the bad, the ugly [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Hey Donny, I still play the CD got from you!
Donny, man if you are used to a PA4X...a SX900 may not be a good comparison....you should go for the Genos......well, I know you want 61 keys...BUT what a machine! But you are a great singer so maybe the difference in sound quality is not an issue for you? It is for me. But the 900 is a lot more affordable for me.
Lee

#478230 - 10/17/19 05:46 AM Re: Pa4x the good, the bad, the ugly [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
It's great to be supportive but sometimes well-intentioned 'attaboys' are not always helpful. Sure, it makes YOU feel good but.......

Just sayin'.

chas

#478231 - 10/17/19 05:50 AM Re: Pa4x the good, the bad, the ugly [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
My thoughts about Donny:
He is OK, he is doing fine. He does spend a lot of time on the computer ---- and why not. I understand his story about him selling his two Pa4x, and getting another one, and then sending it back. I to sold two Pa4x, and almost bought a third. Does this show poor character, a man who does not know what he is doing or saying, or a man who has lost his creditability? HELL NO!

I see a man who loves what he once did. The excitement of playing for people. The adrenalin, the highs, he misses every bit of it. And he was good at it. Donny is looking for excitement he misses, he is looking at a new keyboard to fill that missing exciting. He watches the video demos of the Pa4x and he begins to get excited again, and what he finds is disappointment – so the new Pa4x gets sent back.

I picture Donny watching a demo and picturing how he could have done that part better, or maybe different. There is more than a video of a keyboard going on.

My wife passed away in 1994, my memories of her are slowly leaving, many of them are gone. Not so with music, our keyboards keep our blood flowing. He longs for the feelings he once had.

A new keyboard, or a demo he just watched brings him excitement, he shares that excitement and receives fun blows. Most of the fun blows are not very funny.

My thoughts for Donny: keep buying those keyboards; keep sharing what you are feeling; and keep being the crazy guy you are, perfect, it’s special. The first time I listened to this guy play I said, this guy is a musician.

Thank you John & all for the sentiment....I really appreciate it.

#478240 - 10/17/19 06:30 AM Re: Pa4x the good, the bad, the ugly [Re: cgiles]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By cgiles
It's great to be supportive but sometimes well-intentioned 'attaboys' are not always helpful. Sure, it makes YOU feel good but.......

Just sayin'.

chas

+1.

#478247 - 10/17/19 06:59 AM Re: Pa4x the good, the bad, the ugly [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By bruno123
My thoughts about Donny:

Thank you John & all for the sentiment....I really appreciate it.

Now get back in that saddle. Like you often say: "Life's too short."

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online