SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#47823 - 09/07/03 01:45 PM Re: Measure Edit
technicsplayer Offline

it's nowhere near this complex, folks.
If I wanted to get rid of a fill or ending I would use punch record for 1 measure and in a second they are gone.

#47824 - 09/07/03 01:53 PM Re: Measure Edit
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
I agree that will work, Alec. But why have an option to erase a command from the Control track if it doesn't accomplish what is needed?

#47825 - 09/07/03 02:05 PM Re: Measure Edit
technicsplayer Offline

who knows, every product has its foibles? A little lateral thinking achieves a solution with the absolute minimum of button pushing in the shortest space of time.

#47826 - 09/07/03 03:41 PM Re: Measure Edit
Bob Hendershot Offline

I guess when you get in your mid 70's it takes a while to sink in. It seems to me that pushing the erase button in the sequencer edit functions is much less "button pushing" than punching in new measures. I think those of us in a position to do so, should press for corrections to these sorts of software shortcomings when we can, rather than finding a new path around the barn, and going no further.

#47827 - 09/07/03 04:55 PM Re: Measure Edit
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
I believe the basic problem is that I have not found any where in the literature where it is noted that the fills, intros, and endings have different characteristics than other measures in a sequenced song. And, that the "Erase Measure" function set to "All" does indeed not do what it is supposed to do.
Lacking an adequate operating manual, we can only suppose that when a function is labeled "Erase Measure", it should erase any measure.
Great keyboard.
Short changed on documentation!
Just my thoughts,
Walt

#47828 - 09/07/03 05:20 PM Re: Measure Edit
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Hendershot:
I guess when you get in your mid 70's it takes a while to sink in. It seems to me that pushing the erase button in the sequencer edit functions is much less "button pushing" than punching in new measures. I think those of us in a position to do so, should press for corrections to these sorts of software shortcomings when we can, rather than finding a new path around the barn, and going no further.

First of all I never suggested that improvements cannot be made, just gave the quickest and easiest method using the present arrangements.

Secondly, let's look at "It seems to me that pushing the erase button in the sequencer edit functions is much less "button pushing" than punching in new measures":

Let us assume that erase in the control track worked as you desire, Bob. We have a song a hundered measures long and we want to erase the ending.

I go to auto punch with around the same number of button pushes to get to step record. When there I can DIAL in the start and stop measure virtually instantly. I start the song hold down the chord for one measure, the song automatically stops and the job is done.

If I did this in step record with your suggested superior method, I would need to press measure down a hundred times to get to the right place before I could erase the command. So not only does my method require the least effort with the present system, it remains far easier, with far less button pushing, even if the operating system was modified in the way you suggest

#47829 - 09/07/03 05:48 PM Re: Measure Edit
Bob Hendershot Offline

I didn't think I used the term "superior method" in any of my posts. There are several methods of fixing Larry's song. I sent one version to Larry yesterday. I don't question your method, Alec. As I said, I know that it is one method that will work. The point that I am trying to make is that the software is not correct. If we know that, I think it is more important in the long term to get it fixed, than to try to find a way to work around the problem.

#47830 - 09/07/03 06:45 PM Re: Measure Edit
technicsplayer Offline

no Bob, I said my method was the easiest and quickest. You clearly stated that step record erase in a new operating system would involve "much less button pushing" which as I have clearly demonstrated is simply not true.

So my point is that even if you got your software corrected "in the long term" you would still be no better off solving the problem under discussion. So far from my suggestion being a "work around" to the problem under discussion, it remains the easiest and quickest solution, even after your new suggested operating system arrives at some point in the future

#47831 - 09/07/03 07:11 PM Re: Measure Edit
Bob Hendershot Offline

OK Alec. It is foolish to beat a subject like this to death. I am pleased for you that you think you have a better solution than fixing the software. I just don't agree. So, we shall simply have to agree to disagree.

#47832 - 09/07/03 07:19 PM Re: Measure Edit
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Alec,
No matter how I try, I can not get punch record to erase the ending. I know I must be doing something wrong. Can you please help. It sounds easy if I could get it to work.
Thanks,
Walt

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online