SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#477832 - 10/12/19 04:55 AM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX900 BATTLES Korg PA1000 [Re: rikkisbears]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Originally Posted By rikkisbears
A badly broken right wrist, 8 months of complications and not knowing if my right hand would go back to normal. Realized what’s the point of all the technology and converting styles etc if I didn’t actually play.

Rikki, Your point is right on. I remember in the good old sampling days...I would work for hours to get all my sounds together to start producing some music. By this time...I was exhausted and just went to bed. At this point in my life...I just want to play, not get too bogged down with technology.
JM

#477849 - 10/12/19 06:33 AM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX900 BATTLES Korg PA1000 [Re: jingleman]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By jingleman
Originally Posted By rikkisbears
A badly broken right wrist, 8 months of complications and not knowing if my right hand would go back to normal. Realized what’s the point of all the technology and converting styles etc if I didn’t actually play.

Rikki, Your point is right on. I remember in the good old sampling days...I would work for hours to get all my sounds together to start producing some music. By this time...I was exhausted and just went to bed. At this point in my life...I just want to play, not get too bogged down with technology.
JM

Nothing wrong with that, after all Playing the music is what it is all about. And if you do not want to program or tweak Yamaha is your best friend. But don't complain that even then you are only using perhaps 5% of its potential and 5% of its true best way of sounding.

Frans,
this German guy gives a decent performance of the possibilities of the PA1000 in particular as to the right hand sounds. It is still a long way removed from my programming though, and the PA1000 potential is still a lot bigger, particularly in the way he has , or rather has not, spent much time on tweaking the accompaniment. For PA users, if I may be so arrogant, the comments of an American entertainer who recently acquired my PA1000 programming:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/v...d6308937cd18793

Still, I stick to my guns: get a combination of the two !!!!

smile smile smile

John

#477850 - 10/12/19 06:43 AM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX900 BATTLES Korg PA1000 [Re: Telmo]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
John the combination i would like is a Korg pa1000 or 700 and a Yamaha modx7
I only need the money.

#477851 - 10/12/19 06:45 AM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX900 BATTLES Korg PA1000 [Re: Telmo]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
What i still don’t understand is why the new yamaha psr sx serie don’t have a usb audio interface like the psr e 463.

#477876 - 10/12/19 09:46 AM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX900 BATTLES Korg PA1000 [Re: Telmo]
124 Offline

Arrrrrgh! John the guy you referenced is Canadian, not American. He'll have the huskies out on ya'. smile smile S'okay, it's an easy mistake.

#477903 - 10/12/19 01:31 PM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX900 BATTLES Korg PA1000 [Re: john smies]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By john smies

Nothing wrong with that, after all Playing the music is what it is all about. And if you do not want to program or tweak Yamaha is your best friend. But don't complain that even then you are only using perhaps 5% of its potential and 5% of its true best way of sounding.

Hi John,
I’ll still end up exploring the sx900’s , the chord looper, the audio pads etc, but I’m hoping to get over this obsession of converting psr styles over to Korg. Most of them I never used , just did them for others, or for the heck of it.

Unfortunately mixing sounds is something I’m not good at, or maybe it’s because I’ve been too focused on styles.

P.s. good review from the guy on the for Korg forum .

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#477907 - 10/12/19 01:39 PM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX900 BATTLES Korg PA1000 [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

Rikki your a true KORGIE at heart!!

#477935 - 10/13/19 12:18 AM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX900 BATTLES Korg PA1000 [Re: 124]
john smies Offline

Originally Posted By 124
Arrrrrgh! John the guy you referenced is Canadian, not American. He'll have the huskies out on ya'. smile smile S'okay, it's an easy mistake.

Dear oh dear oh dear!!! We have millions of arranger keyboards on the loose here in Western Europe but not one huskie to my knowledge! Are they dangerous, carnivorous perhaps ? Do they have a predilection for Korg owners? I'll be on my guard though smile
Sorry about the mistake. Is this you Lee or just someone who happens to know ?

Very recent posting on youtube comparing PA1000 and SX900, that has not yet been posted to the best of my knowledge,and one comment (out of the many) I would like to quote as it is the essence really:

"..... Some Styles of Korg Sound really good, other appear so cheap and like out of a 90s key... But many Do not Know, that you only have to tweak them! Change some Instruments, put in some Effects like reverb or amp Simulations... Dont Know why they are selling their pa series that unfinished?... Not even the pa4x appears to be finished, sometimes like a live Band but not often... Tell me which professionell Soundingenieur Would Master a Band like that?... I Would never buy Korg without knowledge in tweaking... Its not worth the money right out of the Box... That s why many yamaha likers believe in yamaha and love that keys for its finished studio Sound... And Korg is much more complicated, it took me long time to even unterstand the Style play Mode... I come from Roland and yamaha and it s very different and more easy to use..."

link to youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VaFqOawv7s

regards,
John

#477937 - 10/13/19 02:34 AM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX900 BATTLES Korg PA1000 [Re: john smies]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
..... but not one huskie to my knowledge!

John, I don't know if the Huskie is a dog or a wolf or a mix of both, but 'huskies' are often used in dog sled races here in Scandinavia.
Woff, woff. smile laugh wink
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#477938 - 10/13/19 02:58 AM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX900 BATTLES Korg PA1000 [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
john smies Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
..... but not one huskie to my knowledge!

John, I don't know if the Huskie is a dog or a wolf or a mix of both, but 'huskies' are often used in dog sled races here in Scandinavia.
Woff, woff. smile laugh wink

I stand corrected, thank you!!!
So I'll better be on my guard then in case the Canadians liason with the Norwegians😀

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online