SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#477836 - 10/12/19 05:38 AM SX900 Random thoughts from others..
Dnj Offline

"I upgraded to the SX900 because I’m a sucker for the latest model. I assume, rightly or wrongly, that a new model will sound better and have advanced features from the previous one. Among the PSR's, I’ve had the 910, 950, 970, and 975. Keeping the latter as a backup. The one fly in the ointment was the Korg PA 1000. Traded it pronto. Just couldn’t adapt to Korg. My initial comments may have been premature, since I’m warming to the SX900. Still can’t get the VH to work properly. In fact, it’s so bad, it’s not usable at the moment. Everything else is super. Reading the manual might be a good option. A 7-day wait before commenting might have been better. However, I’m prone to poke and hope. That concert piano voice is coming around. It takes some tinkering, but my hearing is adapting. If anyone is straddling the fence about the SX900, give it a go. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed, especially if you play one of the earlier PSR models."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"I’ve owned all the keyboard that you mentioned and I have come to the same opinion as you, this sx900 does grow on you, I like everything about it apart from the black gloss facia, (the 950/975 facia was Matt black, I never had a headache playing a keyboard before, where I work is low lighting so I need my keyboard light).
Nonetheless, I will say that it’s the best PSR to date.
Can’t comment on the VH, I have VL2 and VL touch, will stay with them.But The sound department hasn’t changed a lot apart from the scat voices which are pleasant enough,
I have re-tuned some of my registrations etc, new voices, FX etc,
And re-recorded some of my gig songs again on the SX.

This is my experience after 2 weeks, apart from adding some of the scat voices.My new re-recorded songs sound almost identical to my S910, not a huge difference.That’s just saying how good the voices have been since the 3000,I will upload some songs as soon as I have the time to join the audio."

source: Psr Tutorial Forum

#477841 - 10/12/19 05:52 AM Re: SX900 Random thoughts from others.. [Re: Dnj]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada

Donny, I think the above comment about there not being a big improvement in sound is right. If the PSR's already sounded good and realistic back then, how much more realistic can they sound now?

The SX900 sounds like a winner!

Hope you get yours soon and enjoy it! smile

#477843 - 10/12/19 06:03 AM Re: SX900 Random thoughts from others.. [Re: Mikem]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Mikem

Donny, I think the above comment about there not being a big improvement in sound is right. If the PSR's already sounded good and realistic back then, how much more realistic can they sound now?

Hi Mike,....again there is not much change sound wise ....
it's all about the New FEATURES plain and simple..
and the horrible as stated above NON Updated VH2 is a bummer for singers.... frown You really have to pick your needs with such little pickings now available in an arranger KB.

Edited by Dnj (10/12/19 06:08 AM)

#477861 - 10/12/19 07:50 AM Re: SX900 Random thoughts from others.. [Re: Dnj]
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Mikem

Hi Mike,....again there is not much change sound wise ....
it's all about the New FEATURES plain and simple..
and the horrible as stated above NON Updated VH2 is a bummer for singers.... frown You really have to pick your needs with such little pickings now available in an arranger KB.

We know the VH2 has not been updated. But why would it sound WORSE that before? Sounds like a case of user error to me.

#477864 - 10/12/19 08:28 AM Re: SX900 Random thoughts from others.. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Although I had two of them already.....
I still miss them..being retired and will play mostly at home,
But Personally for me being the Tc helicon VH and songbook,sliders,
keybed, better sound samples, editing, chord sequencer, sound bar, etc,
blow away Yamaha the KORG Pa4x is what I am leaning toward in a pro arranger KB at this time....

Edited by Dnj (10/12/19 08:34 AM)

#477904 - 10/12/19 01:32 PM Re: SX900 Random thoughts from others.. [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj

KORG Pa4x is what I am leaning toward in a pro arranger KB at this time....

emphasis on "AT THIS TIME" ...
smile

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online