SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#477470 - 10/08/19 05:31 PM Re: SX900 vs TYROS 4 & 5? [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

Ricky are you saying some of the older Styles of the same name etc.. sound better than the new ones in the sx900?

#477480 - 10/08/19 08:37 PM Re: SX900 vs TYROS 4 & 5? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Ricky are you saying some of the older Styles of the same name etc.. sound better than the new ones in the sx900?

Psst,,, It is "Rikki" smile

#477481 - 10/08/19 09:52 PM Re: SX900 vs TYROS 4 & 5? [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Dnj

Hi Donny ,
No.
I’m asking about styles that don’t exist in the sx900.
So far I have somewhere between 50 to 200 styles from earlier models. Ie psrs , tyros, even Genos. As you well know, styles get carried forward from model to model, but there are always some new ones, and some get left out. I’m finding the ones that they dropped over the years.
Most sound quite good even without any tweaking. But , I think some model keyboards styles, seem to play better / sound better on the sx than others.
Hence I was asking about the T 4 styles, since Danny has both keyboards.

Reason I can’t give an exact figure is, some of the sx styles have new names, so bit hard to tell which are double ups, but I’m getting there.

I have a couple or so styles that I use that go right back to the 9000pro and psr2000. I use them, so I’ll fix them. I did them for my Korg, a lot easier to tweak them for psr.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#477482 - 10/08/19 09:56 PM Re: SX900 vs TYROS 4 & 5? [Re: Fran Carango]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Originally Posted By Dnj

Psst,,, It is "Rikki" smile

Haha, I’ll forgive him. I know what he’s going thru, should I, or shouldn’t I.
I was put out of my misery early, the wait isn’t much fun.

Edited by rikkisbears (10/08/19 09:58 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#477483 - 10/09/19 02:01 AM Re: SX900 vs TYROS 4 & 5? [Re: rikkisbears]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Originally Posted By Dnj

Hi Donny ,
No.
I’m asking about styles that don’t exist in the sx900.
So far I have somewhere between 50 to 200 styles from earlier models. Ie psrs , tyros, even Genos. As you well know, styles get carried forward from model to model, but there are always some new ones, and some get left out. I’m finding the ones that they dropped over the years.
Most sound quite good even without any tweaking. But , I think some model keyboards styles, seem to play better / sound better on the sx than others.
Hence I was asking about the T 4 styles, since Danny has both keyboards.

Reason I can’t give an exact figure is, some of the sx styles have new names, so bit hard to tell which are double ups, but I’m getting there.

I have a couple or so styles that I use that go right back to the 9000pro and psr2000. I use them, so I’ll fix them. I did them for my Korg, a lot easier to tweak them for psr.

Hi Rikki,

One thing I have noticed and I am sure many others would have as well is that even though styles are duplicated or reworked across the generations, they may appear to sound exactly the same on the surface but a lot of them do have some subtle changes such as different intros and fill in's which can make a difference. For example whilst I was going through the SX900 styles, the style StadiumRock has a different fill in to the on the T4 which I don't prefer, so if when I use this style I will select the T4 version from the USB. I suppose you'll only know the difference from styles you use a lot. I know there's a few out there that have changed so it's always worth having every version you can get hold of.

#477486 - 10/09/19 03:50 AM Re: SX900 vs TYROS 4 & 5? [Re: DannyUK]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By DannyUK

Hi Rikki,

One thing I have noticed and I am sure many others would have as well is that even though styles are duplicated or reworked across the generations, they may appear to sound exactly the same on the surface but a lot of them do have some subtle changes such as different intros and fill in's which can make a difference. For example whilst I was going through the SX900 styles, the style StadiumRock has a different fill in to the on the T4 which I don't prefer, so if when I use this style I will select the T4 version from the USB. I suppose you'll only know the difference from styles you use a lot. I know there's a few out there that have changed so it's always worth having every version you can get hold of.

Hi Danny,
Intro’s , I always check, even variations if I think it’s a style I may use, never thought to check fills.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#477487 - 10/09/19 04:26 AM Re: SX900 vs TYROS 4 & 5? [Re: rikkisbears]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By rikkisbears

Hi Danny,
Intro’s , I always check, even variations if I think it’s a style I may use, never thought to check fills.

Yes that surprised me as well, fill 3 is definitely different and less effective!.

#477488 - 10/09/19 04:30 AM Re: SX900 vs TYROS 4 & 5? [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

What I like about KORG is that you can delete all factory styles and set up the kb with Just the styles that you need and use.....
I don't see the need to have hundreds of useless styles on a kb that will never be utilized. Korg has it's many advantages vs Yamaha
but a style library isn't one of them..personally I am not a style or gear hoarder in my life or in my music,....if I don't need something it gets dumped quick. I've been keyboardless for almost 2 months now and it is staring to take it's toll on my psyche...
I am sick of hearing "It's Coming Soon"

#477490 - 10/09/19 04:38 AM Re: SX900 vs TYROS 4 & 5? [Re: Dnj]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
. I've been keyboardless for almost 2 months now and it is staring to take it's toll on my psyche...

Well then you'll need all the styles you can get !!

I thought you still had the KN5000? Can't that tide you over for a few more weeks!?

#477491 - 10/09/19 04:44 AM Re: SX900 vs TYROS 4 & 5? [Re: DannyUK]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DannyUK
Originally Posted By Dnj
. I've been keyboardless for almost 2 months now and it is staring to take it's toll on my psyche...

Well then you'll need all the styles you can get !!

I thought you still had the KN5000? Can't that tide you over for a few more weeks!?

Danny the KN5000 was used many many years ago, I got it from Don M around 25 yrs ago after I sold my KORG i3, i30, then traded it to Uncle Dave for a Ketron X1...
I have thousands of styles for every arranger but, when I set up a KB for my personal use I only carry the styles I use,....all else is useless to me. I also like to create new styles for certain songs also.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online