SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#47724 - 07/07/03 09:28 AM Re: Evolution of YOUR Technics Instruments
AlexGreen Offline

Loc: Beachwood NJ USA
Hi Tony,

From day one it gave me problems. Lots and lots of bugs.
I know there are members that are happy with their 6000 but also if you go back on this forum you will see many were not
Technic sent out a lot of udates to fix these bugs and most of them worked but I still felt uncomfortable playing it.

I feel Technics knew there were problems with the 6000 for that is why they came out in a hurry with the 6500. I always felt the 6500 was their way to say we are sorry.

I traded in my 6000 for the 6500 as soon as one was available. The best move I ever made for the 6500 was a joy to play from day one.

I can say the same about my 7000.

Alex

#47725 - 07/07/03 10:38 AM Re: Evolution of YOUR Technics Instruments
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Way back in '76 I went to a demostration concert of a new organ - the JVC M1210. Organist Alan Haven. This organ was way ahead of it's time - great sounds and styles and great performance by said Alan Haven. Trouble was that it was out of my price range at that time and strangely I don't think that JVC never produced another intrument. Point about this is that the concert was organised by Technics and I've always assumed that Technics owned the JVC name?
Also the Technics HQ Sales manager demonstrated a Technics keyboard. This must have been a pretty lightweight instrument because it was suspended from a belt round his neck in the manner of an accordion. It had pretty good sounds and styles but being into organs at the time I looked on it as a bit of a novelty rather than a practical instrument. Would this have been the very first Technics keyboard??

Peter

#47726 - 07/07/03 10:51 AM Re: Evolution of YOUR Technics Instruments
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI Peter,
JVC is commonly known as the Japanese Victor Company and they were in a joint venture with the Lowry Organ people in the 70,s and were building the amplifiers for the Lowrey Organs and KEYBOARDS. I don't know of any association with Technics but could have been. I still have a Lowrey Keyboard and a pair of JVC amps that came with it for an extra five hundred dollars. The keyboard alone was 2600.00 USD. The amps are 35 watt each and have 5 channel EQ's with 12 inch speakers. Good stuff for their time. I use them for small venues and to pack around in the Motorhome at 25 pounds each.
The Keyboard that you hung around your neck was a Roland Remote Midi controller that controlled your organ or keyboard thru midi. I see lots of them now in used music stores and consignment centers.
That is about all I know about it.
Bebop

#47727 - 07/07/03 11:13 AM Re: Evolution of YOUR Technics Instruments
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by AlexGreen:

Hi Tony,

From day one it gave me problems. Lots and lots of bugs.
I know there are members that are happy with their 6000 but also if you go back on this forum you will see many were not ....

Alex

Alex ... Now that you mention it, my memory on this has 'kicked in' ... (Ah, the mind...) ... I do recall that a lot of units (mostly in Europe and England I believe) did have problems... apparently I got my 6k AFTER they were resolved ... (knock wood)
t.

#47728 - 07/07/03 12:03 PM Re: Evolution of YOUR Technics Instruments
Smithy Offline

I started with a KN901, then when the KN920 came out, it was a small price to pay to upgrade.

I stayed with that until the KN5000 was released, which has served me well - and I've recently traded it in for a KN7000 which arrives on Friday!

#47729 - 07/07/03 01:50 PM Re: Evolution of YOUR Technics Instruments
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Gosh,
my kn7500 would then be the grumpiest little critter on earth (haa haa)
best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluebird:
Hi
And I have new KN7500 .
It is new kb, has a great harmonizer, 76 keys, 3.500 sounds, and a 15" color screen.
It smiles me when I play well, don't smiles when my playing is bad.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#47730 - 07/07/03 02:47 PM Re: Evolution of YOUR Technics Instruments
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Tony mads Quote: PS In a conversation between Ted and Grandpa Doug, who would be the listener????

Tony,
Me.
Grandpa Doug

#47731 - 07/12/03 11:11 AM Re: Evolution of YOUR Technics Instruments
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI Forum Members,
I have reopened this topic as there was much interest in it.
I hope it can continue in peace and harmony.
Please keep your posts to the topic about the evolution of your technics keyboards
Thanks to all
Bebop

#47732 - 07/12/03 02:00 PM Re: Evolution of YOUR Technics Instruments
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
After a series of other brand name keyboards, I naturally evolved to the Technics brand because nothing else on the markey sounded as nice. It was the KN1500 that started me off, followed by the much improved KN6000, replaced by Technics for another KN6000. It is an amazing keyboard and still surprises me once in a while.

Colin Leaney, don't feel alone ....I got rid of all my KN1500 stuff because I was told it wouldn't convert over. I managed to get most of the commercial styles converted, but lost many recorded songs. I would recover quite nicely if someone gave me a new KN7000!!

#47733 - 07/12/03 03:39 PM Re: Evolution of YOUR Technics Instruments
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bud, three cheers for the people at Technics. I had problems with my KN6000, after more than a few trips to the repair people, they replaced it---the good part is that they not only replaced it, they replaced it with a KN6500. I felt that was good business and good integrity.

Cheers (nice word), John C.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online