Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#477359 - 10/07/19 05:06 PM Re: S975 Exclusive Content [Re: DannyUK]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By DannyUK
Originally Posted By Eric, B
Yamaha made the T5 Audio styles available for download for the Genos.
I wonder if they'll do the same for the SX900.
You could download the T5 audio styles from the Genos site and see if they'll work wink
Eric

Hi Eric,

I am hoping this will be the case for the SX900 as they are very useful. I like the Audio styles they do make a difference and a nice variation. I've got the T5 Audio styles on the SX900 and they almost work perfectly, the only issue is for some reason the guitar sounds in the styles sound double the loudness which can sound off putting.

Hi Danny, is there no way of editing them?
Just out of interest, are they loaded like a normal style, or is it done thru YEM, which currently I have no idea how it works, but when I finish what I’m doing, will check into.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#477361 - 10/07/19 05:19 PM Re: S975 Exclusive Content [Re: tony mads usa]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
I find it interesting that folks are so excited about a new board, and then asking if they can put styles from an older board in it ... confused1

I disagree. One of the most attractive things about keyboards, in fact, any gadget (gaming consoles, phones, etc...) is the ability to have access to previous software which opens up a huge resource. There is always going to be certain things about past keyboards that you'd want to retain, and seeing something from the past work on your new keyboard and potentially making something look or sound better by taking advantage of the power then it can only be a great thing. I even still use some styles from the PSR 8000 simply because they've either been overlooked for revision, or the revisions haven't necessarily translated better.

The moment that either Yamaha or Korg stop backwards compatibility will be the day I won't upgrade as for me it's a huge deal breaker otherwise.

#477362 - 10/07/19 05:24 PM Re: S975 Exclusive Content [Re: rikkisbears]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By rikkisbears
[quote=Eric, B]Yamaha made the T5 Audio styles available for download for the Genos.
I wonder if they'll do the same for the SX900.
You could download the T5 audio styles from the Genos site and see if they'll work wink
Eric

Hi Danny, is there no way of editing them?
Just out of interest, are they loaded like a normal style, or is it done thru YEM, which currently I have no idea how it works, but when I finish what I’m doing, will check into.

I haven't tried to edit the styles in the SX900 yet, I probably won't do either.

The PLUS styles from the S975 I managed to transfer, but they need editing.

Incidentally, I seem to be having some issues loading some Expansion Packs into the SX900 saying "failed to access data" and I am not sure why that's happening. I've bought a number of packs and they work fine on the S975, but when using the Expansion Manager to convert them to the SX900 they don't seem to work. I hope I've not found a bug...

Edited by DannyUK (10/07/19 05:39 PM)

#477363 - 10/07/19 06:06 PM Re: S975 Exclusive Content [Re: DannyUK]
Dnj Offline

Maybe Yamaha is waking up and not allowing all this transferring and cross sharing to the Sx900 anymore...?

#477367 - 10/07/19 10:47 PM Re: S975 Exclusive Content [Re: DannyUK]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway

Incidentally, I seem to be having some issues loading some Expansion Packs into the SX900 saying "failed to access data" and I am not sure why that's happening. I've bought a number of packs and they work fine on the S975, but when using the Expansion Manager to convert them to the SX900 they don't seem to work. I hope I've not found a bug...

There is OS updates for SX900 ready to download, and it say something about the Exp Manager. Maybe it's for any help?
Btw. When swap from T4 to Genos, I contacted Y support about the packs already bought.
They fixed it so I could download converted packs (those I've already bught) from my Yamaha user account.

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/firm_psr-sx900.html

[V1.02 to V1.03]

Added a new function: Voice Guide.
Fixed other problems.
[V1.0 to V1.02]

Now supports use with the Yamaha Expansion Manager (V2.5.3 or later).
The function "Part On/Off" (for the Left, Right 1, Right 2, Right 3 or Mic part) is newly assignable to the foot pedals.
Fixed a problem in which the detail settings of the "Part On/Off" function for each one of the ASSIGNABLE buttons would not be loaded properly from the Registration Memory or System Backup.
Fixed other problems.

-------------------
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#477371 - 10/08/19 03:10 AM Re: S975 Exclusive Content [Re: Dnj]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Maybe Yamaha is waking up and not allowing all this transferring and cross sharing to the Sx900 anymore...?

Thanks Donny, no I don't think its that. I eventually got the pack to load after continually trying it, some work fine but some need a few tries. I'm not sure if it's a faulty pen drive I'm using (although it's brand new), or if it's too high in storage (only 64gb), a bug, or a blip.

Edited by DannyUK (10/08/19 03:11 AM)

#477372 - 10/08/19 03:13 AM Re: S975 Exclusive Content [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
DannyUK Offline

Hi Gunner thanks for the reply. Yes I had already done the upgrade was the first thing I did.

I eventually got the pack to load so I don't think it's a transfer or compatibility issue, it could be the media I am using (although it's brand new), or just a blip. Be interesting to see if anybody else experiences it.

#477373 - 10/08/19 03:43 AM Re: S975 Exclusive Content [Re: DannyUK]
rikkisbears Offline

[quote=tony mads usa]I find it interesting that folks are so excited about a new board, and then asking if they can put styles from an older board in it ... confused1

I disagree. One of the most attractive things about keyboards, in fact, any gadget (gaming consoles, phones, etc...) is the ability to have access to previous software which opens up a huge resource. There is always going to be certain things about past keyboards that you'd want to retain, and seeing something from the past work on your new keyboard and potentially making something look or sound better by taking advantage of the power then it can only be a great thing. I even still use some styles from the PSR 8000 simply because they've either been overlooked for revision, or the revisions haven't necessarily translated better./quote]

Hi Tony, basically I agree with Danny. A few of my styles go back to the yamaha 9000 pro and psr2000. Even converted them to my korgs..

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#477374 - 10/08/19 03:51 AM Re: S975 Exclusive Content [Re: DannyUK]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Thanks Donny, no I don't think its that. I eventually got the pack to load after continually trying it, some work fine but some need a few tries. I'm not sure if it's a faulty pen drive I'm using (although it's brand new), or if it's too high in storage (only 64gb), a bug, or a blip.

Hi Danny,
I think it may be your pen drive, I could be wrong , but I think max is 32 gig. There is a list of the drives that Yamaha has tested . The list is downloadable from where you download the manuals,, updates etc.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#477375 - 10/08/19 03:53 AM Re: S975 Exclusive Content [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
rikkisbears Offline

Thank you Jonny,
I haven’t updated mine yet either. Good reminder to do so.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online