SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#477794 - 10/11/19 03:04 PM Re: Latest Lightwieght Rig [Re: TedS]
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Originally Posted By TedS
Ok, what i didn't realize is that your SD40 has multiple USB type A ports, so it can be a "host." Your controllers think that it's a computer!

I know that many arrangers made after Y2K have a USB type A port to accept a "thumb drive" (for external styles, songs, etc.) But that doesn't mean these ports can also host an external keyboard controller.

So my question... are there any other modules or arranger keyboards that will support these lightweight USB-midi keyboard controllers, or is Ketron unique in this regard? Thanks!!

Ketron is unique.
Most arranger modules’ USB to device ( if any) is only for thumb drives/ data update only. You need to use actual midi in socket.

You can still get Samson/ Roland controllers which have midi out ( plus USB midi) and are sub $150.

It’s a shame that most sub $800 digital pianos ( P45/121/125/FP10,30) took out midi outs. ( P35/95 was the last batch).Having a external usb to midi converter which need own power supply defeats the purpose of portability.

Edited by jamman (10/11/19 03:14 PM)

#477868 - 10/12/19 08:55 AM Re: Latest Lightwieght Rig [Re: Bernie9]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Quote from Torch:I happened to pick up another Widi Bud just last week"

Thanks for this tip, as well as all the help you gave me trying to set up the wind controller. I will certainly check this out.

Bernie
You're welcome, Bernie. Make sure you get the latest firmware. If you ever have the need to make your DM48 wirelss MIDI, a $50 Yamaha solution will make it a Bluetooth transmitter with a small USB battery pack. It will power your DM48 and then send MIDI over Bluetooth.

Chris
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online