SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#477435 - 10/08/19 09:11 AM Re: Latest Lightwieght Rig with a recording using [Re: Saswick]
girljam Offline

Loc: FL
Thanks so much for sharing this! Not just your setup, but always love to hear what the end product sounds like as well!
Great job!

PSR S970, PSR S910, ShureSM57 mics, and way too much misc.

#477443 - 10/08/19 10:00 AM Re: Latest Lightwieght Rig [Re: Saswick]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By Saswick
Hi Bernie
I was going to try the microkey air but the sd40 didn't recognise the midi Bluetooth adapter so I bought the normal microkey61. Which midi Bluetooth adapter are you using?

Regards to all, Col
If I remember it correctly, Bernie used a Kenton USB host to connect his controller to the SD40. Col, were you referring to the WIDI Bud I had talked to you about when you said your midi Bluetooth adapter didn't work? I happened to pick up another Widi Bud just last week, the only Bluetooth midi receiver in the world as far as I know. While I was updating my SD40, I tested the Bluetooth MIDI connection. It works just fine with my Korg Microkey Air. I might add that the SD40 is rather picky when connecting external USB devices. Make sure you connect it first before powering up the SD40.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#477449 - 10/08/19 11:16 AM Re: Latest Lightwieght Rig [Re: Saswick]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Yes, I use the Kenton Host for non compliant hookups, including trying to add my wind controller as a second input, however, the Korg Microkey is readily recognized by itself. The same is true for my Midi Harmonica, but it is either or, not both. If both are needed, I have my Morningstar MC6 for Midi control.

#477498 - 10/09/19 06:03 AM Re: Latest Lightwieght Rig [Re: Saswick]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Thanks' Guys for all the reply's

Torch: no problem using the microkey61 with the SD40, it's not worth £52.00 just to replace the cable.

Gary: hope your OK, shame about the boat having to go, this old age thing isn't all its cracked up to be for sure.

I'm slowly getting to grips with the SD40 after a lifetime using Korg and TC Helicon harmoniser's.

I did discover one handy thing when connecting the SD40 to my PC I tried loading extra folders (Sub Directories) into the Registration Banks. Its very easy to set up set lists by copying the srg files into the new folders, works a treat.

Regards, Col

#477501 - 10/09/19 06:24 AM Re: Latest Lightwieght Rig [Re: Saswick]
Bernie9 Offline

Good tip Col. Thanks

Bernie

#477539 - 10/09/19 12:10 PM Re: Latest Lightwieght Rig [Re: Saswick]
Torch Offline

Torch: no problem using the microkey61 with the SD40, it's not worth £52.00 just to replace the cable.
Regards, Col
Sure, I don't blame you when your controller is so close to the Sd40 all the time, but It sounded like you had an issue with some kind of a Bluetooth MIDI receiver when you said, "I was going to try the microkey air but the sd40 didn't recognise the midi Bluetooth adapter." Obviously you were not using any kind of a Bluetooth MIDI receiver. I wanted to clarify it for musicians with other controllers such as MIDI guitar, midi accordion, or wind controller that the SD40 will work just fine with the USB Bluetooth MIDI receiver I mentioned.

Besides some MIDI accordions, I have a MIDI guitar that sends MIDI over Bluetooth. The same company is coming out with a MIDI guitar with a 5 pin DIN MIDI out. With the right tool, all these controllers will talk to the SD40 fitted with a Bluetooth MIDI receiver.

Chris

#477547 - 10/09/19 02:33 PM Re: Latest Lightwieght Rig [Re: Saswick]
Saswick Offline

Hi Chris

I realise the SD40 receives Midi over Bluetooth I have the Triple Play guitar system and I have mentioned before apart from my guitar technique it works with no problems. The USB receiver I acquired was one that was recommended by someone on Youtube but obviously not the right one.

Regards, Col

#477750 - 10/11/19 07:15 AM Re: Latest Lightwieght Rig [Re: Saswick]
Torch Offline

Hi Chris

I realise the SD40 receives Midi over Bluetooth I have the Triple Play guitar system and I have mentioned before apart from my guitar technique it works with no problems. The USB receiver I acquired was one that was recommended by someone on Youtube but obviously not the right one.

Regards, Col
Hi Col, the SD40 can not receive MIDI over Bluetooth by itself. You need another piece of hardware for that. Of course, the Triple Play is not a Bluetooth setup, either, but a proprietary system. IOS devices, Mac, and even Windows 10 machines act as a Bluetooth MIDI receiver all by themselves without any external hardware though in Windows 10 it is in a new protocol that almost none of the existing DAWs can understand. That's why Korg wrote a Bluetooth MIDI driver for Windows for their Bluetooth MIDI controllers.

Chris

#477756 - 10/11/19 08:59 AM Re: Latest Lightwieght Rig [Re: Saswick]
Saswick Offline

Hi Chris seems I need to do a little swotting on Midi, ah well
never to old to learn, so they say.

Regards, Col

#477785 - 10/11/19 01:57 PM Re: Latest Lightwieght Rig [Re: Saswick]
Bernie9 Offline

Quote from Torch:I happened to pick up another Widi Bud just last week"

Thanks for this tip, as well as all the help you gave me trying to set up the wind controller. I will certainly check this out.

Bernie

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online