SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#477352 - 10/07/19 03:40 PM Re: Latest Lightwieght Rig with a recording using [Re: Saswick]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Col,

Weren't you using a guitar with the SD40 at one time? What happened with that setup? Maybe I am thinking of the wrong person.

#477365 - 10/07/19 07:54 PM Re: Latest Lightwieght Rig [Re: Saswick]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By Saswick
SD40 + Korg Microkey61 + TC Helicon FX150 +Shure WH20 mic
SNIP
Works very well for small Gigs for larger Gigs I use my two Maui5's and turn the FX150 round to use as a monitor.

Regards, Col
A very nice, modular system! With your two Maui 5s, you can surely pamper your audience with rich stereo sounds. If you wear around your neck a 37 or 49 Microkey Air with Bluetooth MIDI, you might as well be the first strolling arranger keyboard player! I like the fact that with a module arranger, you can switch between a tiny keyboard to a full 88 weighted digital piano.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#477368 - 10/07/19 11:54 PM Re: Latest Lightwieght Rig [Re: Saswick]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi Bernie

Quote:
I, also, use the Korg Microkey Air with my SD40 when the setup space is small, otherwise, I use my SK1 Hammond with it. The SD40 has power to spare in large halls with larger PA's.

I was going to try the microkey air but the sd40 didn't recognise the midi Bluetooth adapter so I bought the normal microkey61. Which midi Bluetooth adapter are you using?

Quote:
Weren't you using a guitar with the SD40 at one time? What happened with that setup? Maybe I am thinking of the wrong person.

I still have the Triple Play guitar system and am persisting with it. Your guitar technique has to be spot on to avoid duff chords so I'm not ready to gig with it yet.

Quote:
I also used a Korg MicroArranger and just loved it. Like you, the small keys did not bother me. The motherboard went south on it and the cost to replace it was more than the keyboard cost when new so I just put it on the curb and it disappeared in one day. I really did like to too.

Deane

Hi Deane

I bought a used KMA on eBay a couple of months ago which made me think of using the microkey61 with the SD40, I'm very happy small keys
SD40 sounds, brilliant.

Regards to all, Col

PS: I was quite pleased with the SD40 harmoniser must do some more recordings smirk

Edited by Saswick (10/08/19 12:07 AM)

#477369 - 10/08/19 01:34 AM Re: Latest Lightwieght Rig [Re: Saswick]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Col
I wasn't aware the SD40 doesn't recognize Bluetooth. I bought the "Air" in case I ever needed it. Oh well, the difference in cost isn't that much, and it is a neat little controller in any event.

#477381 - 10/08/19 05:19 AM Re: Latest Lightwieght Rig with a recording using [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Hi Guy's

First the FX150 is quite astonishing it's rated at 150w with a 6.5" dual cone speaker.

I've been using a Helicon Singthing for quite sometime now which is a FX150 with the built-in Harmoniser so I knew what the amp was capable of when I bought it. You can also pair the two together for more power if needed.

The Korg microkey connection is an A to B USB cable (printer cable) I used to use a KMA and I've always felt comfortable with the small keys.

montunoman: In response to your request I've just recorded a quick number to try the harmoniser be interesting what you think, it's a bit weak in the middle eight but it was a quick effort. It's also the first time I've used the recorder on the SD40. I just normalised the track using Audacity and converted it to an MP3 file.
https://app.box.com/s/ikmfqqfpbn2nafbbl0lssua9tjr7ffcw
Regards, Col

Col clap great job thank you for sharing your work your a true pioneer and not afraid of changing gear. Keep up the great work and make people happy with your music!!

#477393 - 10/08/19 06:06 AM Re: Latest Lightwieght Rig with a recording using [Re: Dnj]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi Donny

Thanks' for the kind words.

Quote:
a true pioneer and not afraid of changing gear. grin

When I did my DNA test on Ancestry.com it seems I have quite a few relatives in the USA but I didn't see any Pesce's in the list maybe they missed out. I suppose my love of a change must come from someone else wink

Regards, Col

#477394 - 10/08/19 06:10 AM Re: Latest Lightwieght Rig with a recording using [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Hi Donny

Thanks' for the kind words.

Quote:
a true pioneer and not afraid of changing gear. grin

When I did my DNA test on Ancestry.com it seems I have quite a few relatives in the USA but I didn't see any Pesce's in the list maybe they missed out. I suppose my love of a change must come from someone else wink

Regards, Col

We were ancient fisherman....lol.....
but keep doin what you do buddy always appreciated! keys

#477405 - 10/08/19 07:00 AM Re: Latest Lightwieght Rig with a recording using [Re: Saswick]
124 Offline

^ LOL! Always figured that, Donny. Just that you're always fishin' for new gear. wink smile

#477407 - 10/08/19 07:02 AM Re: Latest Lightwieght Rig with a recording using [Re: 124]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By 124
^ LOL! Always figured that, Donny. Just that you're always fishin' for new gear. wink smile

yea and sometimes you catch the BIG ONE!!..just sayin'

#477412 - 10/08/19 08:04 AM Re: Latest Lightwieght Rig with a recording using [Re: Saswick]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Col, congratulations on lightening the load. I did this many years ago and went from lugging 400-pounds of gear and spending 45 minutes to set up to just under 100 pounds and spending 7 minutes to set up. And, the crowd size remained the same size, usually around 100 ppl or more. My greatest salvation was my custom console, which was a real time saver and only weighed 20 pounds.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online