SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#477519 - 10/09/19 09:35 AM Re: SX900 VS Korg PA Series- Which is better value? [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Gary all good thoughts...
and road trips to see Prince AJ (Ketron), Frank V, (Yamaha, KORG)
are all on my bucket list. Retirement is a wonderful thing.
All The Best

Donny, maybe a road trip to FrankieV when Steve gets back from FL ? ... We've tried before but it didn't work out ...

#477521 - 10/09/19 09:40 AM Re: SX900 VS Korg PA Series- Which is better value? [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Tony anything is possible... wink

#477523 - 10/09/19 09:56 AM Re: SX900 VS Korg PA Series- Which is better value? [Re: Mikem]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
It's difficult to get Donny out of New Jersey. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#477528 - 10/09/19 10:31 AM Re: SX900 VS Korg PA Series- Which is better value? [Re: Mikem]
DannyUK Offline

These are two very different boards so preference is always going to be personal & subjective & sometimes difficult to choose.

I've actually not had both boards for very long, Pa1000 for a couple of months now and SX900 since last Friday so they are both still new to me, especially in terms of features from both.

But if I had to choose at a push, it would be the SX900 because it appeals to me slightly more & not because its so much better than the Korg.

The styles on the SX900 are more attractive and inviting, for example if my kids went through the styles they would instantly think of a song and they'd want to try and play even if they've never played a keyboard before, it keeps the interest. The sounds also appear a little more fuller to me, user interface is easier to navigate, the user base and amount of styles available is unlimited, the quality of how previous models styles are played really improves on them significantlly which makes them very usable, midi files sound better. I like the way you can access everything straight from the USB instead of faffing around with user banks.

On the other hand, the Korg does other things better. It's certainly more professional, much more editable, possibly still has the better overall features, drum kits are excellent are more live sounding although Yamaha's have improved as well, factory Latin styles from Korg have always been more superior than Yamaha's as are the fantastic Unplugged styles that are beautiful, the keybed still has a slightly better feel than the SX900, has better storage options & Korg's bonusware is better than anything Yamaha has to offer for free.

There's probably more things I could list but you get the drift.

#477530 - 10/09/19 10:44 AM Re: SX900 VS Korg PA Series- Which is better value? [Re: DannyUK]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DannyUK
These are two very different boards so preference is always going to be personal & subjective & sometimes difficult to choose.

I've actually not had both boards for very long, Pa1000 for a couple of months now and SX900 since last Friday so they are both still new to me, especially in terms of features from both.

But if I had to choose at a push, it would be the SX900 because it appeals to me slightly more & not because its so much better than the Korg.

The styles on the SX900 are more attractive and inviting, for example if my kids went through the styles they would instantly think of a song and they'd want to try and play even if they've never played a keyboard before, it keeps the interest. The sounds also appear a little more fuller to me, user interface is easier to navigate, the user base and amount of styles available is unlimited, the quality of how previous models styles are played really improves on them significantlly which makes them very usable, midi files sound better. I like the way you can access everything straight from the USB instead of faffing around with user banks.

On the other hand, the Korg does other things better. It's certainly more professional, much more editable, possibly still has the better overall features, drum kits are excellent are more live sounding although Yamaha's have improved as well, factory Latin styles from Korg have always been more superior than Yamaha's as are the fantastic Unplugged styles that are beautiful, the keybed still has a slightly better feel than the SX900, has better storage options & Korg's bonusware is better than anything Yamaha has to offer for free.

There's probably more things I could list but you get the drift.

From your post I get that your drifting toward the KORG more and more..

#477531 - 10/09/19 10:50 AM Re: SX900 VS Korg PA Series- Which is better value? [Re: Dnj]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

I didn't think I was? I'm just being fair really, unlike the video that Jeremy posted. I could of been biased but I'm not like that, always been fair.

Just me own preference, if I had to choose, it would be the SX900 but if I was also told I'd only be allowed a Pa1000 for the rest of my life, I would still be absolutely happy with that!

#477532 - 10/09/19 10:55 AM Re: SX900 VS Korg PA Series- Which is better value? [Re: DannyUK]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
These are two very different boards so preference is always going to be personal & subjective & sometimes difficult to choose.....
.......There's probably more things I could list but you get the drift.

Thank you for the review, and as you say, it will always be very personal and subjective.
And that is what is has to be, but great to hear other users points of view. smile

Myself I find the Korg styles more like a 'real band' og more allround live feeling.
The KMA is a funny little thing, but I'm still hoping to add a PA4X-76 at the top of Genos before I'm placed 6'under the surface....
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#477533 - 10/09/19 10:58 AM Re: SX900 VS Korg PA Series- Which is better value? [Re: DannyUK]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

I didn't think I was? I'm just being fair really, unlike the video that Jeremy posted. I could of been biased but I'm not like that, always been fair.

Just me own preference, if I had to choose, it would be the SX900 but if I was also told I'd only be allowed a Pa1000 for the rest of my life, I would still be absolutely happy with that!

ok understood it's a 50/50 thing...nothing wrong with that after all there's not many choices anymore..haing this long wait for the Sx900 is really a good thing for perspective buyers as they don't have to be the guinea pig in the room and can evaluate more & more with each review, video, etc, etc, etc, on the pros & cons to finally make an educated choice to buy or not.

#477535 - 10/09/19 11:04 AM Re: SX900 VS Korg PA Series- Which is better value? [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By Dnj
Gary all good thoughts...
and road trips to see Prince AJ (Ketron), Frank V, (Yamaha, KORG)
are all on my bucket list. Retirement is a wonderful thing.
All The Best

Donny, maybe a road trip to FrankieV when Steve gets back from FL ? ... We've tried before but it didn't work out ...

Let’s do it!!!

#477537 - 10/09/19 11:38 AM Re: SX900 VS Korg PA Series- Which is better value? [Re: Mikem]
MusicalMemories Offline

Loc: Arbroath,Angus,Scotland
Isnt it a matter of personal taste, its what sounds good to your ears. Its also good that we still have a choice to make be it brand x or brand y. While there is still some demand for arranger keyboards hopefully the remaining companies will continue to develop arranger keyboards.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online