SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#477256 - 10/06/19 12:45 PM What is holding you back from buying the SX900?
Dnj Offline

What is holding you back from buying the SX900?
Although I have a pre order for the second time
...the longer we have to wait the more voices
get in your head Pro/Con making you think twice.
So what are your reasons for not ordering one...
price, features, don't wanna be the guinea pig,
like what you have better, waiting to see what
turns up at Winter NAMM 2020 ?

Please share YOUR reasons it could help others make a choice. confused1

#477259 - 10/06/19 01:05 PM Re: What is holding you back from buying the SX900? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Don't you dare cancel your order again frown

I may miss a chance to buy it from you at a "BIG" discount grin

It is a perfect fit for you... You like Yamaha styles and sounds.
You aren't fussy about key feel.
You want 61 keys.
You already have registrations from the 970.

#477261 - 10/06/19 01:19 PM Re: What is holding you back from buying the SX900? [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I guess if money were no object I’d pre order it, but in reality I’d like to get my hands on one before purchasing it.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#477264 - 10/06/19 01:57 PM Re: What is holding you back from buying the SX900? [Re: Dnj]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Money!

But also I am thinking about adding vsts via midi. More sound for a lot less cost. Also seems most of you (and I am included) only use 15 or 20 styles so what does new model offr me that I dont have in my 3000? Also I figure it'll take me two or three years b4 I have totally learned what I have!

#477266 - 10/06/19 02:04 PM Re: What is holding you back from buying the SX900? [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I think I'll get a SX900, WORK a lot on my playing skills...IF I get pretty good, I'll upgrade to Genos, because that is what I really want.....IF $$ were no issue I would just get the Genos now....It is my dream keyboard for how I play and the music I like. I haven't had a kbd for a long time....If I start with the SX900 get pretty good, my wife will be more willing to have us part with $4k.
Lee

#477267 - 10/06/19 02:06 PM Re: What is holding you back from buying the SX900? [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have my doubts as it would mean losing money on my S970, which is loaded and it perfect shape. I then have to fork over nearly a thousand more to start over. Yes, it is improved with some nice features, but it will not be earth shaking I think. I will sit on the sidelines for awhile and see what shakes out.

Bernie

#477269 - 10/06/19 02:48 PM Re: What is holding you back from buying the SX900? [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Good question, made me really think.I may be the odd one but to me an Arranger is a preformance tool. I do enjoy playing it at home and can get into some serious jams with the organ section and sometimes learning a new song. Being my "work" keyboard I just have to have a backup so I have two BK9s One in the studio and one downstairs in a closet ready to go.
My goto for playing at home has become my piano. It just makes me feel more engrossed in the music.
That and the fact I,m just too lazy to learn and reprogram a new board. Thats why I envy Donnie who can jump in and adapt to a new board quickly. Oh and also I hate onboard speakers and 61 keys IMHO and again its just me so nothing against orhers who like these things but those features just don't say professional keyboard. OK also the money because I'd have to go for two down the road but I can buy anything I really want.
Good luck and I'll be following all those who are getting one (or two!)

#477272 - 10/06/19 03:07 PM Re: What is holding you back from buying the SX900? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
At this stage of life, money is not even a consideration. I had serious thoughts about buying the SX-900 just so I would learn the newer OS and be able to provide help to others that purchased one and needed help. My wife talked me out of it. She said the new keyboard would just be one more things for the kids to get rid of when I passed.

Don Mason said I could will it to him, but I don't think he has that much patience. Additionally, his friend Dicky has one on order, so he'll soon have one in his hands and provide some insight to others. If anyone wishes to hear the SX-900 put through it's paces, live, by a highly skilled entertainer, just take the next flight to Shreveport and head for Ernest's Restaurant any Friday or Saturday night in November. smile

Good luck, everyone,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#477275 - 10/06/19 03:35 PM Re: What is holding you back from buying the SX900? [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Don't you dare cancel your order again frown

I may miss a chance to buy it from you at a "BIG" discount grin

It is a perfect fit for you... You like Yamaha styles and sounds.
You aren't fussy about key feel.
You want 61 keys.
You already have registrations from the 970.

Thanx Fran I needed that shot in the arm.... Gonna try to not think so much.

#477277 - 10/06/19 03:39 PM Re: What is holding you back from buying the SX900? [Re: Dnj]
DannyUK Offline

Why is the SX900 not available in the US yet?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online