SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#477002 - 10/01/19 04:33 AM Lucky Chops -Subway Madness Funky Town/I Feel Good
Dnj Offline

cool2

New York City Herald Square Station

clap

#477006 - 10/01/19 07:45 AM Re: Lucky Chops -Subway Madness Funky Town/I Feel Good [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Amazing entertainer/musicians. Ironically, 99.9 percent of the people in the subway acted as if they didn't even exist - they just walked past, some staring into their smart phones.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#477021 - 10/01/19 10:10 AM Re: Lucky Chops -Subway Madness Funky Town/I Feel Good [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

I agree gary...baritone sax guy is awesome !

#477030 - 10/01/19 01:55 PM Re: Lucky Chops -Subway Madness Funky Town/I Feel Good [Re: Dnj]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Thanks for posting this cool video! Regarding Gary's comment...Sadly, the ability to appreciate talent and music skill seem to have slipped from the minds of the masses.

I was at Disney World this Spring... They had a world class jazz quartet playing on a stage. Top notch players and top notch funky and hip arrangements of cool jazz tunes. The wife and I were in awe along with maybe 6 others... Rest of the crowd was completely ignoring these fine players. Sadly, my nephew came out of the souvinir store and not even a glance to see what was going on.

It's just very sad. An hour later...same stage.... They had mimes of an astronaut, a mermaid, and an ancient explorer. Large crowd formed and applauded like they were amazed. Go figure! The mimes were great and great costumes, but the musicians were much more skilled and talented. Just sayin'....

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#477035 - 10/01/19 03:48 PM Re: Lucky Chops -Subway Madness Funky Town/I Feel Good [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Great stuff. this guys have tons of energy in their performance. Love the Bari player.
The really deseved a bigger audience but maybe it was early rush hour and people just wanted to get to work. Too bad.
I used to play Bari in HS, College, and along with tenor and organ in a few bands. Miss doing it.

#477042 - 10/01/19 06:23 PM Re: Lucky Chops -Subway Madness Funky Town/I Feel Good [Re: Bill Lewis]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I think that for both the band in the video, and in Disney, we have to take into account the locations and the audience ... The band is playing in a Subway station in NYC ... Anyone who has been there knows that you don't get in a commuter's way, or you are likely to get knocked down ... They are always in a race to get wherever ...
The audience in Disney is there to see people in costumes, mimes, magicians, etc. A band playing funky arrangements of jazz tunes is not going to attract them ...

The good thing is that concerts of ALL types - classical, jazz, rock - old and new -, pop, country, attract large audiences who want to listen to THAT music ...
Those of us here are more likely to stop and watch and listen, because we are musicians, and that's what we do ...
JMHO

#477045 - 10/01/19 06:59 PM Re: Lucky Chops -Subway Madness Funky Town/I Feel Good [Re: saxxman]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By saxxman
Thanks for posting this cool video! Regarding Gary's comment...Sadly, the ability to appreciate talent and music skill seem to have slipped from the minds of the masses.

I was at Disney World this Spring... They had a world class jazz quartet playing on a stage. Top notch players and top notch funky and hip arrangements of cool jazz tunes. The wife and I were in awe along with maybe 6 others... Rest of the crowd was completely ignoring these fine players. Sadly, my nephew came out of the souvinir store and not even a glance to see what was going on.

It's just very sad. An hour later...same stage.... They had mimes of an astronaut, a mermaid, and an ancient explorer. Large crowd formed and applauded like they were amazed. Go figure! The mimes were great and great costumes, but the musicians were much more skilled and talented. Just sayin'....

A number of years ago we were in Disney and experienced something similar the band was great and people walked by as if they didn’t exist. We happened to get there when they were playing a dynamite version of “Be Our Guest” from “Beauty and the Beast.”

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online