SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#477005 - 10/01/19 07:38 AM Re: Compare: Might be fun [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
After a second listen, I stand by my first impression. Korg 1st, Yamaha 2nd, but only in the acc.
The drum pattern is more accurate in those two, and that stands out to me. There are only a few songs that I'd rather not use generic patterns for, and because of the slow tempo, this is one of them. I believe that the hi hat pattern is crucial to selling this beat, and that was the basis for my choice. The general public will probably never care, because the song is so well loved, and if you sing it with feeling, it'll sell, but as one with an inside track on the details ... I need the bass and drums to be more complementary to the original feel.

#477009 - 10/01/19 08:28 AM Re: Compare: Might be fun [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Dave, Don mentioned that the Korg and Yamaha were derived from converted SMF's... thus the detailed drums etc.. The Ketron and Roland are factory styles.(generic)

#477013 - 10/01/19 09:08 AM Re: Compare: Might be fun [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
That about covers it.

#477016 - 10/01/19 09:24 AM Re: Compare: Might be fun [Re: DonM]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

Don here is the EA7 with JC-120 speaker simulation on nylon and steel guitar parts.

https://app.box.com/s/o4omhve8q9xupr3gfzwg900k6igj4ea2

Edited by Fran Carango (10/01/19 09:33 AM)

#477017 - 10/01/19 09:34 AM Re: Compare: Might be fun [Re: Fran Carango]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Agree with Dave about Korg and Yamaha left hand. Like EA7 followed by SD7 right hand. And TCH harmony M.

#477018 - 10/01/19 09:37 AM Re: Compare: Might be fun [Re: sparky589]
Dnj Offline

one song doesn't make a keyboard...there are too many variances that can be edited to change perimeters on all units..besides that players abilities also.

#477024 - 10/01/19 11:56 AM Re: Compare: Might be fun [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By Dnj
one song doesn't make a keyboard...there are too many variances that can be edited to change perimeters on all units..besides that players abilities also.

So true, Donny.
For me the Yamaha and Korg styles worked the best.
The song is too slow for an 8th note drum pattern that you were using on the Roland.
I was just listening on my phone, no headphones around here for me to use now, so maybe I’ll listen later under better sonic conditions. As Gary said, all were “damned good”
It just comes down to nit picky musical preferences. I’m sure your audience would be happy with any of ‘em.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#477033 - 10/01/19 03:30 PM Re: Compare: Might be fun [Re: montunoman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By montunoman
Originally Posted By Dnj

So true, Donny.
For me the Yamaha and Korg styles worked the best.
The song is too slow for an 8th note drum pattern that you were using on the Roland.
I was just listening on my phone, no headphones around here for me to use now, so maybe I’ll listen later under better sonic conditions. As Gary said, all were “damned good”
It just comes down to nit picky musical preferences. I’m sure your audience would be happy with any of ‘em.

All points very true ... and I think DonM was just asking for peoples thoughts on THIS song played on THESE keyboards ...
Obviously, that does not make one keyboard better than the other, which is personal preference anyway ...

#477034 - 10/01/19 03:42 PM Re: Compare: Might be fun [Re: DonM]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Don
EA7, tossup between Pa4x and psr, last sd7.

Just a thought, maybe next time just number them, and let us know which was which at the end.
Sometimes deep down, we may just be biased towards a particular brand, without meaning to be.

Edited by rikkisbears (10/01/19 03:50 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#477043 - 10/01/19 06:25 PM Re: Compare: Might be fun [Re: rikkisbears]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By rikkisbears

Just a thought, maybe next time just number them, and let us know which was which at the end.
Sometimes deep down, we may just be biased towards a particular brand, without meaning to be.

Absolutely !

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online