SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#476799 - 09/26/19 10:17 PM Re: OT: Boatless [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

For the first time i don't know what to say..
I can see how selling the boat is a big thing in the acceptance of what is to come..

Just make sure to enjoy the things you still can do, as long as you can.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#476803 - 09/27/19 05:20 AM Re: OT: Boatless [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Thanks again, everyone for being here. I can clearly remember the very first time I met DNJ in New Jersey. He was having an overheating problem with his Barbetta 450-watt powered speakers. I took them apart installed 110-volt, quiet cooling fans, bored a vent opening in the back of the speaker and the problem was solved. Barbetta added cooling fans the following year.

On that same trip, I met with UD, Fran and went to Donny's Dance Club with my wife. We had a great time, saw UD perform at a North Jersey Rib Place, then spent the next 3 hours watching Donny entertain the ladies and met his lovely wife Nancy and the rest of his family. What a great road trip.

It was a couple months later when I saw UD again performing in a Philly, Italian Restaurant with the Bose L1 PAS - WOW! The very next day I ordered the PAS for myself and never looked back. Now, just about every DJ and KJ in my area is using the PAS and they love it.

Thanks again for the well wishes, everyone,

Gary cool

Attachments
dp gary.jpg

#476804 - 09/27/19 05:22 AM Re: OT: Boatless [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Gary,

Sorry to hear of your worsening condition and of Carol’s problems. I’ll always remember the fantastic time we all had at your arranger jam in 2014. Hard to believe 5 years have passed since that jam. Thanks again for the great gig clothing you sent my way too! I’ll be keeping you and Carol in my prayers.

Attachments
IMG_3379.jpg

Edited by Stephenm52 (09/27/19 05:41 AM)

#476808 - 09/27/19 06:55 AM Re: OT: Boatless [Re: travlin'easy]
broker22 Offline

Gary keeping you and your family in my prayers. Cal

#476811 - 09/27/19 09:34 AM Re: OT: Boatless [Re: travlin'easy]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Yes, you have had a full life Gary. And obviously it gives you great pleasure to look back on it. I know the feeling of worry about being around to take care of your wife bears down on you. Hang in guy. Hell, truth be told, it is all any of us can really do at this stage of life. One thing you can enjoy the Baltimore seafood a few more times. I just ordered a sampler from Camerons last week. Man those crab cakes where good. I can only do that 2 or 3 times a year. Shipping kills me. You can go out daily. Hell, you can probably have them delivered to the house!

#476821 - 09/27/19 05:10 PM Re: OT: Boatless [Re: travlin'easy]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hang tough fellow Seaman. We Navy guys don't give up.

And I wanted to thank you for not only helping me solve some PSR-3000 problems in the past, but your recent phone calls reassuring me with my own health problems meant a lot.

Love ya man, take care

Edited by lahawk (09/27/19 05:11 PM)

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#476825 - 09/27/19 06:42 PM Re: OT: Boatless [Re: travlin'easy]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Gary - sorry to read that you are at present back in the rabbit hole health-wise. Life is full of health-related ups and downs....and as we all are well aware...more frequent downs at our ages.

Wishing you and your wonderful wife improvements in both your health situations.

I remain grateful to you for the wealth of knowledge you have shared over the years.

Godspeed Gary -- and please cook up and consume some Kickapoo joy juice for me!

PS -- Wonderful job on "Laura"!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#476826 - 09/27/19 07:26 PM Re: OT: Boatless [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Larry, it was great to talk with you again and I hope you will soon be on the mend.

Randy, I was hoping to meet up with you again in the sunny south or up here in western Maryland, but as I sit here typing this I have tubes stuck in my nostrils supplying supplemental oxygen and another in my mouth with medications flowing through a nebulizer. My traveling days are over, unfortunately.

Love you guys,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#476827 - 09/27/19 09:30 PM Re: OT: Boatless [Re: travlin'easy]
124 Offline

Gary, are you at least still playing your keyboard? I know that singing is out of the question at the moment, but I hope you're still able to tickle the plastics - self-therapy, if you will.

Thinking of you and Carol.

#476970 - 09/30/19 04:59 PM Re: OT: Boatless [Re: travlin'easy]
Crossover Offline

I don‘t know you personally, many people have written very nice comments which I just want to underline and wish you the best. As there are always ups and downs, maybe breathing will improve a little again. My 90-year-old mother was admitted to hospital in September 2018 in very weak condition, and besides her problems walking she has been doing fine since she was released again two weeks later.
Among the nice comments posted by others, I especially liked the one about still enjoying all kinds of seafood.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online