SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#476769 - 09/26/19 07:50 AM Re: OT: Boatless [Re: travlin'easy]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Gary
Wondering where you have been. Laura is a great Standard and you did a wonderful job with it, especially the muted trumpet solo. Great sound.
Sorry to hear of your health problems and giving up your boat but remember the good times you had on it. I too miss my Motorcycle but unlike your situation I gave it up voluntarily. It was just circumstances and time.
Best wishes for your wifes recovery and your health.

#476770 - 09/26/19 09:08 AM Re: OT: Boatless [Re: Bill Lewis]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
You are loved!

R.

#476782 - 09/26/19 12:48 PM Re: OT: Boatless [Re: travlin'easy]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Hi Gary...best wishes from this old Canuck.

You've been a wonderful help to me...thank you kindly for sharing your experience and your knowledge.

Ian

#476784 - 09/26/19 12:56 PM Re: OT: Boatless [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Gary always there for me I love you man!

Edited by Dnj (09/26/19 04:26 PM)

#476788 - 09/26/19 04:24 PM Re: OT: Boatless [Re: travlin'easy]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Best wishes Gary. I know you have been trying to sell the boat for some time, so at least that was accomplished even though it is bittersweet.

#476789 - 09/26/19 04:36 PM Re: OT: Boatless [Re: travlin'easy]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Gary, glad you found your way back. Wonderful rendition of Laura. Please keep us updated on your wife’s progress and know your in my thoughts and prayers each day.
jingleman

#476790 - 09/26/19 07:14 PM Re: OT: Boatless [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks again, everyone for being here. I can clearly remember the very first time I met DNJ in New Jersey. He was having an overheating problem with his Barbetta 450-watt powered speakers. I took them apart installed 110-volt, quiet cooling fans, bored a vent opening in the back of the speaker and the problem was solved. Barbetta added cooling fans the following year.

On that same trip, I met with UD, Fran and went to Donny's Dance Club with my wife. We had a great time, saw UD perform at a North Jersey Rib Place, then spent the next 3 hours watching Donny entertain the ladies and met his lovely wife Nancy and the rest of his family. What a great road trip.

It was a couple months later when I saw UD again performing in a Philly, Italian Restaurant with the Bose L1 PAS - WOW! The very next day I ordered the PAS for myself and never looked back. Now, just about every DJ and KJ in my area is using the PAS and they love it.

Thanks again for the well wishes, everyone,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#476792 - 09/26/19 07:23 PM Re: OT: Boatless [Re: travlin'easy]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Gary ole buddie, your posts are becoming so very depressing. Is there anything going on in your life on the positive side? Lets hear what items on your bucket list that are going to be taken care of with all the $ from the boat sale. I know you. You have always been such a positive person. I can't believe you're not scheming some grand last adventure!

#476794 - 09/26/19 08:53 PM Re: OT: Boatless [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Earl, I have led a life that many my wife will tell you that most folks only dream of. The bbucket has been filled many times, I've traveled the worldvisiting more than 100 countries, sailed single handed to the Florida Keys .lived aboard my 33-foot sailing yacht, playing music to fellow cruisers under the stars. I've met so many wonderful people, both while cruising the US East Coast and here on the Synthzone. My wife and I traveled the southeast and south central US visiting zone members and watching them perform.

Now, in my twilight years, I am dying of a nasty, terminal, lung disease, struggling for each and every breath. My biggest fear at this point is that I will not be able to adequately care for my loving wife when she comes home from rehab/assisted living next week. Thankfully, I have my daughter to assist me when times get tough.

While I still have most of my mental faculties, I hope to be able to contribute to the forums that I have frequented over the years and continue to provide assistance to others when I can.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#476797 - 09/26/19 09:38 PM Re: OT: Boatless [Re: travlin'easy]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Gary,

How I wish we could see eye to eye on the things pertaining to the coming life. This life is but a blink in preparation for what is to come - it is glorious if we've invested in it.

With the severe chest pains I've been walking about for more than a year already, by any human logic I should have been a corpse by now. I am not bothered in the least by the eventual outcome as I am fully prepared for the next phase of the journey.

Too bad I cannot elaborate more over here. Think about it my friend for soon most of us us will think about nothing else. (Nothing else matters more)

All the best,

Henni

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online