SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#476702 - 09/25/19 09:02 AM Re: TC Helicon Vocal Harmony variations [Re: sparky589]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
One good thing about an outboard harmonizer is that it still works after the style stops. It remembers the last chord.
One REALLY BAD thing about PSR harmonizers is that there is no light indicating whether it is engaged.
One great thing about Korg PA4X harmonizer is that you can assign Harmony Volume to a footswitch and, with a momentary pedal, harmonizer only engages while you hold the pedal down.
It actually is always engaged, but the pedal reduces the harmony volume to zero, instantly.

#476703 - 09/25/19 09:07 AM Re: TC Helicon Vocal Harmony variations [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
One good thing about an outboard harmonizer is that it still works after the style stops. It remembers the last chord.
One REALLY BAD thing about PSR harmonizers is that there is no light indicating whether it is engaged.
One great thing about Korg PA4X harmonizer is that you can assign Harmony Volume to a footswitch and, with a momentary pedal, harmonizer only engages while you hold the pedal down.
It actually is always engaged, but the pedal reduces the harmony volume to zero, instantly.

All valid good points Don. It's a shame so many players don't sing or won't even try, or give some Bs excuse that "you don't want to hear me sing" "I'm tone deaf" or some other ridiculous excuse,.....
that said it's a feature that is never used or considered on an arranger KB.

#476704 - 09/25/19 09:09 AM Re: TC Helicon Vocal Harmony variations [Re: sparky589]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Singing is not for everyone. Everyone doesn't WANT to sing. Some of us had to learn, or stop getting paid. smile

#476705 - 09/25/19 09:39 AM Re: TC Helicon Vocal Harmony variations [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Singing is not for everyone. Everyone doesn't WANT to sing.

You got THAT right. To each, his/her own. Everyone's got their bag.

#476710 - 09/25/19 10:06 AM Re: TC Helicon Vocal Harmony variations [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Singing is not for everyone. Everyone doesn't WANT to sing. Some of us had to learn, or stop getting paid. smile

Your right Don & Dave and playing isn't for everyone either...
but to do it well TOGETHER Play/Sing is pure magic......
just sayin'

#476745 - 09/25/19 10:21 PM Re: TC Helicon Vocal Harmony variations [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
Play/Sing is pure magic......
just sayin'

"IF" you can do it.

#476762 - 09/26/19 05:46 AM Re: TC Helicon Vocal Harmony variations [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Dnj
Play/Sing is pure magic......
just sayin'

"IF" you can do it.

again the "proof" is in the pudding..

#476767 - 09/26/19 06:57 AM Re: TC Helicon Vocal Harmony variations [Re: Dnj]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
I think I've just purchased a used Voicelive 2 on eBay - my bid was successful & busy arranging for shipping from UK to SA.

I had one many, many years ago and it was truly amazing. Can't wait for it to arrive.

#476773 - 09/26/19 09:24 AM Re: TC Helicon Vocal Harmony variations [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Good! The Voicelive 2 will find it's way to me. With StyleMagic YA I will make my S770 sound just like a SX900, guarranteed. I can apply all those stunning effects on the later models to ANY preset voice with just a few mouse movements.

The VoiceLive 2 will by FAR outperform any Yamaha harmonizer. I am once again properly set-up for quite some time to come. Miracles DO happen!!! Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online