SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#476687 - 09/25/19 04:46 AM Re: Made up My Mind on the SX900 again.. [Re: Bernie9]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Bernie9
Hi Rikki

Oh, I think the SX900 will be a winner alright. I will be anxious to find out how much better it is than the S970. I told the wife about all the excitement building for the SX900, but that I was through buying keyboards. She had the unmitigated gall of laughing at me.

Bernie

You don’t think she quite believed you Bernie ? Haha

Wow, that sounds so familiar. I’m feeling less guilty than usual, though, sold the korg, sold some of my teddy bear collection . And yesterday we went out and bought hubby a brand new 65 inch tv for his PlayStation. Keeps him busy and I’ll be able to play with my new toys. Win, win. Haha
Found over the years, bribery usually helps.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#476708 - 09/25/19 09:43 AM Re: Made up My Mind on the SX900 again.. [Re: Bernie9]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Bernie9
Hi Rikki

Oh, I think the SX900 will be a winner alright. I will be anxious to find out how much better it is than the S970.

Bernie

The touch screen, key action improvements, and chord looper are enough to warrant the upgrade in my book.

#476715 - 09/25/19 12:16 PM Re: Made up My Mind on the SX900 again.. [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Revo drums and assignment buttons, extended ram, songbook playlist,
Freeplay styles & possibly an updated VH2 also.

#476716 - 09/25/19 12:29 PM Re: Made up My Mind on the SX900 again.. [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj

They say no Revo drums. frown

#476717 - 09/25/19 12:41 PM Re: Made up My Mind on the SX900 again.. [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Originally Posted By Dnj

They say no Revo drums. frown

YAMAHA DEBUTS ITS NEW PSR-SX SERIES – THE PSR-SX700 AND PSR-SX900
RELLINGEN (August, 1st 2019) — True to its pioneering status in digital workstation technology, Yamaha released the first two flagships within its brand new PSR-SX series: The PSR-SX700 and PSR-SX900. Based on the PSR-S series, both models have been completely redesigned and come with a wide array of exciting new features for even more playing, composition and songwriting possibilities.

Visually, the stylish and intriguing PSR-SX700 stands out with its clear lines and dynamic form. Designed to offer a maximum of playing enjoyment, the PSR-SX700 comes equipped with a broad palette of features and functions for more musical inspiration and creative exploration. The new FSB keyboard, complete with 61 keys offers players remarkable comfort and nuanced expression, thanks to its heavier initial key resistance and greater key travel. The new joystick provides players with greater intuitive pitch and modulation control for more sound variability.

At the technological heart of the PSR-SX700 is the newly designed graphic user interface complete with an integrated 7.0-inch touch screen display which offers the maximum of user-friendly functionality. As for sound, the PSR-SX700 possesses a comprehensive and sonically stunning set of 1,507 high-quality authentic voices and 400 styles for unlimited musical combinations. All functions can now be activated even faster using the new assignable buttons, making each function instantly recallable with a single touch.

In terms of memory, the PSR-SX comes equipped with 1 GB user memory and further 400 MB expansion memory for Voice & Style Expansion. In addition to WAV recording, MP3 recording is also available, as well and audio files which can be both played via USB-to-device and user memory.

Created with the same dynamic style, the PSR-SX900 offers even more features for professional composition and performances. This includes a total of 1,873 voices, 525 styles for greater musical choice, as well as new drum kits (derived from the Revo! Drums of Genos) that add greater authenticity to every composition and performance. An additional Chord Looper function allows to record and playback chord sequences, freeing your left hand from playing, while the new expansive sound field Speaker, Bluetooth® audio and high-resolution sound for line out, sub-outs enhance every performance. Moreover, the PSR-SX comes with 4 GB user memory and further 1 GB expansion memory for Voice & Style Expansion.

#476719 - 09/25/19 12:56 PM Re: Made up My Mind on the SX900 again.. [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
Don’t quite understand what Revo drums actually do, but I think the sx900 only has the Revo drum samples, doesn’t actually work the same way as it does on the Genos.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#476720 - 09/25/19 01:02 PM Re: Made up My Mind on the SX900 again.. [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Revo drums vary the intensity or location of repeated drum hits. So they all don't sound the same or as repetitious. More like someone playing real drums would do. I hear the sx900 drums have similar samples but don't have that variation.

#476724 - 09/25/19 01:48 PM Re: Made up My Mind on the SX900 again.. [Re: DonM]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Revo drums vary the intensity or location of repeated drum hits. So they all don't sound the same or as repetitious. More like someone playing real drums would do. I hear the sx900 drums have similar samples but don't have that variation.

Thanks Don, that clears it up .

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#476744 - 09/25/19 10:19 PM Re: Made up My Mind on the SX900 again.. [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I don't see any evidence of updated VH2.

#476763 - 09/26/19 05:48 AM Re: Made up My Mind on the SX900 again.. [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
I don't see any evidence of updated VH2.

probably not.....no mention of it in the official demo either
....why should anyone care about VH anyway?.. mad

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online