SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#476498 - 09/22/19 06:35 PM Looking for a cheap board
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Hi all, long time no post.
I'm looking for a 2nd keyboard to add to our praise team at church. I plan on using it for pads, strings, choirs and organs. I'm thinking Casio Wk6600. I can pick one up for about 300. Would this be a good choice? Thanks in advance.

Tom

Tom

#476499 - 09/22/19 07:46 PM Re: Looking for a cheap board [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Tom, how about a mint Korg i30HD?
Give me a call 215-284-1328

#476501 - 09/22/19 08:12 PM Re: Looking for a cheap board [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

In this instance we aren't looking for styles or harmonizer. How are the organs and the leslie sim on it Uncle Dave. How much to ship to Michigan? Does it have drawbars? Hi by the way, hope you are doing well.

Tom

#476503 - 09/22/19 08:33 PM Re: Looking for a cheap board [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Uncle Dave, I think it is too old. Too much shipping.

Tom

#476504 - 09/22/19 08:34 PM Re: Looking for a cheap board [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Uncle Dave, I think it is too old. Too much shipping.

Tom

#476506 - 09/22/19 08:48 PM Re: Looking for a cheap board [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
By the way, Roland Go Piano (61) has some organs, choirs, strings and a pad. I dare to speculate they would be way better than on Casio. And Roland Go Keys has even larger variety of tones. Both are close to $300. There’s also Roland XPS-10 which is a bit more expensive with, perhaps, bigger collection of tones. I guess, for the same money any non-arranger would provide a better quality of sounds than an arranger. But those are my speculations; I’m not that personally familiar with these keyboards, although I tried some of them at stores and watched some demos.

#476512 - 09/23/19 01:46 AM Re: Looking for a cheap board [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Only the organs are decent on the wk 6600. Pads, strings and choirs are not that good. These sounds are much better on the new Casio’s for example the ct x3000 or even the ct x700. Only these models don’t have the drawbars but do have good organ sounds.

#476527 - 09/23/19 08:04 AM Re: Looking for a cheap board [Re: Kabinopus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Kabinopus
By the way, Roland Go Piano (61) has some organs, choirs, strings and a pad. I dare to speculate they would be way better than on Casio. And Roland Go Keys has even larger variety of tones. Both are close to $300. There’s also Roland XPS-10 which is a bit more expensive with, perhaps, bigger collection of tones. I guess, for the same money any non-arranger would provide a better quality of sounds than an arranger. But those are my speculations; I’m not that personally familiar with these keyboards, although I tried some of them at stores and watched some demos.

I had the Roland Go Keys for a while.. Surprisingly quality speakers (louder than the 2.5 watts a side would suggest).. Blue tooth and USB midi..

I used the sound bank as my sound source with my PC. over 500 sounds, very useable sounds, but you won't think you are playing an Integra7 smile

The looper is fun to play, and younger kids can have fun too.. For $300, it could be a solution for you Tom.

It will not split, but you can play with a bass loop and drums (chord recognition works with most patterns.)

#476529 - 09/23/19 08:17 AM Re: Looking for a cheap board [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Casio CT-X3000 has the broadest feature set among low-priced boards. Supposedly the AiX sound chip is a big improvement over earlier Casio's. But the last time I was in a music store, the only one they had was still new in the box, and I didn't want to bug the sales help to take it out.

It can also be powered from batteries, if that makes a difference.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online