SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#476237 - 09/19/19 06:46 AM where is the Genos made?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Can someone tell me where the Genos is made,, Japan? China?

Over the years I think the best keyboards (quality) are made in Italy and Japan.

Also where is the SX900 made?

Edited by Fran Carango (09/19/19 06:49 AM)

#476238 - 09/19/19 07:15 AM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Fran Carango]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Genos = Plastic Fantastic made in China.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#476239 - 09/19/19 07:38 AM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Fran Carango]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
I agree with You Fran...Harold

#476240 - 09/19/19 07:40 AM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

whats the difference people will buy Yamaha kbs regardless....thousands sold worldwide

#476246 - 09/19/19 07:59 AM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
whats the difference people will buy Yamaha kbs regardless....thousands sold worldwide

There is no "I" in "people" smile

#476252 - 09/19/19 11:03 AM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny

This is nonsense...

Since the factory’s in these cheap labor countries are controlled by the main company including quallity controll itdoes not matter at all where they are produced for quallity issues..

China, vietnamm, cambodja, Taiwan, Japan Italy or USA.. it doesn’t really matter anymore for quallity... apple is proof in that pudding.... as are the big tree keyboard companies

http://keyszone.boards.net

#476261 - 09/19/19 12:41 PM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Bachus]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus

This is nonsense...

Since the factory’s in these cheap labor countries are controlled by the main company including quallity controll itdoes not matter at all where they are produced for quallity issues..

China, vietnamm, cambodja, Taiwan, Japan Italy or USA.. it doesn’t really matter anymore for quallity... apple is proof in that pudding.... as are the big tree keyboard companies

Bachus it is not nonsense... We are not just talking about quality control... all that means is it meets manufacturer specs for what they want from any said product..

It is a fact that the better quality keyboards are and where built in Japan, Italy, and at one time USA. China has always been the stompin grounds for less expensive and inferior built products..

I have to disagree with you on this.. How can Yamaha justify the price tag (Genos) when they cut all the cost expenses?

Here are a few examples.. Compare the Roland E-50/60 with the BK 3,5 even the E-A7.. the quality in build is night and day.. Italy vs China.
Techs will verify, they are surprised that Roland uses top notch chips and components as a rule (Italy and Japan).... now look inside a Roland E30.(China)

The Integra 7 may be the best quality module ever (Japan)..

Also compare the Ketron SD series and Roland G70 (Italy).. they are built well and quality parts. Same with the Fantom (Maylasia).

Companies are using China for one reason only.. make it as cheap as possible..

Edited by Fran Carango (09/19/19 12:58 PM)

#476269 - 09/19/19 01:41 PM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Fran Carango]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango

This is nonsense...

Bachus it is not nonsense... We are not just talking about quality control... all that means is it meets manufacturer specs for what they want from any said product..

It is a fact that the better quality keyboards are and where built in Japan, Italy, and at one time USA. China has always been the stompin grounds for less expensive and inferior built products..

I have to disagree with you on this.. How can Yamaha justify the price tag (Genos) when they cut all the cost expenses?

Here are a few examples.. Compare the Roland E-50/60 with the BK 3,5 even the E-A7.. the quality in build is night and day.. Italy vs China.
Techs will verify, they are surprised that Roland uses top notch chips and components as a rule (Italy and Japan).... now look inside a Roland E30.(China)

Also compare the Ketron SD series and Roland G70 (Italy).. they are built well and quality parts. Same with the Fantom (Maylasia).

Its the same people running those factories that once ran those factories in the US and Japan... in the end, with the right quallity controll you can produce quallity products everywhere..

As said, the best most advanced electronic products these days are all manufactured in China and the rest of the far east.... Samsun, Apple, microsoft... it comes from the same factories that also build korg, yamaha and Roland equipment...

Sure there are also a lot of factories that build low quallity products in China... but those are not the factories owned by world leading companies.. both my pa4x and Genos are/where grade aaa+ products manufactored in China... and the plastic body of my Genos is stronger and more flexible then a metal one... it doesn’t crack.. and when dropped its flexible enough to keep its form... where a dropped metal keyboard just bends and keeps in that position..

These companies can not justify delivering bad quallity...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#476271 - 09/19/19 01:51 PM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Bachus]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

This is nonsense...

Is it?
Feels so when move it, but it sure don't sound bad when play it .. smile
In fact, my first thoughts when take it out off the box was:
What the h%#¤ is this. It did not feel as quality build as my T4 at all.
But, as long as it stand still at the kb.stand, it's probably OK.
Hopefully it will last for years .....

#476272 - 09/19/19 01:51 PM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Bachus]
Fran Carango Offline

This is nonsense...

Its the same people running those factories that once ran those factories in the US and Japan... in the end, with the right quallity controll you can produce quallity products everywhere..

As said, the best most advanced electronic products these days are all manufactured in China and the rest of the far east.... Samsun, Apple, microsoft... it comes from the same factories that also build korg, yamaha and Roland equipment...

Sure there are also a lot of factories that build low quallity products in China... but those are not the factories owned by world leading companies.. both my pa4x and Genos are/where grade aaa+ products manufactored in China... and the plastic body of my Genos is stronger and more flexible then a metal one... it doesn’t crack.. and when dropped its flexible enough to keep its form... where a dropped metal keyboard just bends and keeps in that position..

These companies can not justify delivering bad quallity...

Sure but can your plastic Genos … double as a boat anchor? My G70 can. grin

I agree that there could be some product lines that are quality.. but for the vast majority they are using the China factories to build cheaper products.. I have seen this with techs swapping out known inferior electronic parts for much better Japan parts.(poor workmanship and quality)..

#476273 - 09/19/19 01:59 PM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Fran Carango]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Sure but can your plastic Genos … double as a boat anchor? My G70 can.

grin rotfl

#476275 - 09/19/19 02:05 PM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Dnj Offline

where is the Genos made?

so to summarize what have we all learned from this topic?

#476278 - 09/19/19 02:10 PM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Fran Carango]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
We have learned....Genos has fathered a son...it is... SX900... nationality...currently unknown! rotf2

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#476280 - 09/19/19 02:14 PM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: saxxman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By saxxman
We have learned....Genos has fathered a son...it is... SX900... nationality...currently unknown! rotf2

如果它说雅马哈人每次都会买它。

#476282 - 09/19/19 02:17 PM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Fran Carango]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
rotfl

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#476283 - 09/19/19 02:20 PM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Bachus]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
both my pa4x and Genos are/where grade aaa+ products manufactored in China....

Nope - Korg website says:
Every Pa4X, Pa4X ORIENTAL, Pa4X MUSIKANT and Pa4X MG is manufactured in Italy by KORG Italy.

#476285 - 09/19/19 02:22 PM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By saxxman

如果它说雅马哈人每次都会买它。

ジェノスは息子を産んだが、父親は見つからない

If it says yamaha people buy it every time. (they say a fool is born every second) smile

Edited by Fran Carango (09/19/19 02:25 PM)

#476286 - 09/19/19 02:24 PM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Fran Carango]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
My glasses are blurry ...

#476291 - 09/19/19 04:17 PM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Uncle Dave]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
both my pa4x and Genos are/where grade aaa+ products manufactored in China....

Nope - Korg website says:
Every Pa4X, Pa4X ORIENTAL, Pa4X MUSIKANT and Pa4X MG is manufactured in Italy by KORG Italy.

Hi, just checked my PA4x carton
Clearly states

Designed By Korg Italy
Made by Korg Italy

( wonder if the Chinese writing ( which I can’t read, negates it?) haha) also on The carton.

Edited by rikkisbears (10/01/19 11:29 AM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#476305 - 09/19/19 10:58 PM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Fran Carango]
Ketron_AJ Offline

Loc: Middletown, DE
I can add a slightly different example. A few years ago, I went to a Toyota dealership to purchase a Camry. When I heard there were some on the lot assembled in the USA, I asked the dealer if there was a difference in price -no. I insisted there had to be a difference else why are some made in Japan and others in the USA? He pulled me assied and first of all showed me 2 Camrys with vin 1Txxx (USA made) and JTxxxx (Japanese made). He asked me to pick out the difference - I went over and over both cars - nothing. Now, he walked me through some details - I was baffled - how could I have missed these:-

1. Space between trunk lid and left and right fender - perfectly lined up on the Japanese unit, slightly off on the US.
2. Space between Passenger door and frame and drive door and frame - slightly off-lined on US, exact on Japanese version.
3. Strolled to the back - tail lights, space between light cover and housing - same on Japanese, slightly different gap size between left and right on US .. and there were many others ...

To make sure he had not simply placed those to cars there for such a comparison (maybe due to same questions from other customers in the past), I asked him if I could walk to where they had Corollas and check them out. My friends ... same results, and in this case, even with the finish on the interior. The degree of attention paid to the 'finished product' is where the differences stood out.

Conclusion - I was told that there are some extra quality control steps cars in Japan (and some other asian countries) HAVE TO GO THROUGH - which are not "compolsary" in e.g. USA and therefore companies can also cut some costs by avoiding these 'extra' steps. Also explains why most of these companies keep thier LUXARY lines (e.g. Lexus, Acura, Infinity...etc) manufacturing in Japan and in few cases, assemble (not make) these outside of Japan!

All boils down to cutting costs WHEN YOU CAN and ... getting away with it :-)

My 2c

AJ

#476315 - 09/20/19 05:44 AM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Ketron_AJ]
Dnj Offline

Prince AJ,...
I still need a road trip to the Lab to audition
the Ketron SD9....will be in touch. cool2

#476330 - 09/20/19 08:18 AM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Ketron_AJ]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
NOT TO TAKE THIS THREAD SOUTH, BUT:
AJ, I was somewhat confused by your post ... Like you, I think many people might think that a vehicle made and sold in the US should cost less than a vehicle made in Japan and sold in the US, if only due to the transportation/shipping costs. However, one might argue that the production (labor) costs in Japan are lower, therefore somewhat negating - or balancing out - the shipping costs.
Then the sales rep points out that the US product is inferior in make because of the lack of high quality control standards in this country, and the 'cutting of costs' by US manufacturers. So is he saying that, because of no shipping cost and quality cutting measures, the US manufacturers are making more money per vehicle than the Japanese manufacturers?
Unless that is the case, his pointing out the 'shoddy' work by US manufacturers certainly does not support his argument that the price of both vehicles should be the same - if anything, the US model should cost less for several reasons.

I guess the purpose of your comparison is more to say that KBs made in Japan are probably of better quality than those made elsewhere ...

#477004 - 10/01/19 07:10 AM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: tony mads usa]
Ketron_AJ Offline

Loc: Middletown, DE
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
NOT TO TAKE THIS THREAD SOUTH, BUT:
AJ, I was somewhat confused by your post ... Like you, I think many people might think that a vehicle made and sold in the US should cost less than a vehicle made in Japan and sold in the US, if only due to the transportation/shipping costs. However, one might argue that the production (labor) costs in Japan are lower, therefore somewhat negating - or balancing out - the shipping costs.
Then the sales rep points out that the US product is inferior in make because of the lack of high quality control standards in this country, and the 'cutting of costs' by US manufacturers. So is he saying that, because of no shipping cost and quality cutting measures, the US manufacturers are making more money per vehicle than the Japanese manufacturers?
Unless that is the case, his pointing out the 'shoddy' work by US manufacturers certainly does not support his argument that the price of both vehicles should be the same - if anything, the US model should cost less for several reasons.

I guess the purpose of your comparison is more to say that KBs made in Japan are probably of better quality than those made elsewhere ...

Yep - I was zooming in on the quality. As for price, that's a different department. Also note that manufacturers may have lower profit margines in certain countries due to larger sales too....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online