SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#476237 - 09/19/19 06:46 AM where is the Genos made?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Can someone tell me where the Genos is made,, Japan? China?

Over the years I think the best keyboards (quality) are made in Italy and Japan.

Also where is the SX900 made?

Edited by Fran Carango (09/19/19 06:49 AM)

#476238 - 09/19/19 07:15 AM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Fran Carango]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Genos = Plastic Fantastic made in China.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#476239 - 09/19/19 07:38 AM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Fran Carango]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
I agree with You Fran...Harold

#476240 - 09/19/19 07:40 AM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

whats the difference people will buy Yamaha kbs regardless....thousands sold worldwide

#476246 - 09/19/19 07:59 AM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
whats the difference people will buy Yamaha kbs regardless....thousands sold worldwide

There is no "I" in "people" smile

#476252 - 09/19/19 11:03 AM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny

This is nonsense...

Since the factory’s in these cheap labor countries are controlled by the main company including quallity controll itdoes not matter at all where they are produced for quallity issues..

China, vietnamm, cambodja, Taiwan, Japan Italy or USA.. it doesn’t really matter anymore for quallity... apple is proof in that pudding.... as are the big tree keyboard companies

http://keyszone.boards.net

#476261 - 09/19/19 12:41 PM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Bachus]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus

This is nonsense...

Since the factory’s in these cheap labor countries are controlled by the main company including quallity controll itdoes not matter at all where they are produced for quallity issues..

China, vietnamm, cambodja, Taiwan, Japan Italy or USA.. it doesn’t really matter anymore for quallity... apple is proof in that pudding.... as are the big tree keyboard companies

Bachus it is not nonsense... We are not just talking about quality control... all that means is it meets manufacturer specs for what they want from any said product..

It is a fact that the better quality keyboards are and where built in Japan, Italy, and at one time USA. China has always been the stompin grounds for less expensive and inferior built products..

I have to disagree with you on this.. How can Yamaha justify the price tag (Genos) when they cut all the cost expenses?

Here are a few examples.. Compare the Roland E-50/60 with the BK 3,5 even the E-A7.. the quality in build is night and day.. Italy vs China.
Techs will verify, they are surprised that Roland uses top notch chips and components as a rule (Italy and Japan).... now look inside a Roland E30.(China)

The Integra 7 may be the best quality module ever (Japan)..

Also compare the Ketron SD series and Roland G70 (Italy).. they are built well and quality parts. Same with the Fantom (Maylasia).

Companies are using China for one reason only.. make it as cheap as possible..

Edited by Fran Carango (09/19/19 12:58 PM)

#476269 - 09/19/19 01:41 PM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Fran Carango]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango

This is nonsense...

Bachus it is not nonsense... We are not just talking about quality control... all that means is it meets manufacturer specs for what they want from any said product..

It is a fact that the better quality keyboards are and where built in Japan, Italy, and at one time USA. China has always been the stompin grounds for less expensive and inferior built products..

I have to disagree with you on this.. How can Yamaha justify the price tag (Genos) when they cut all the cost expenses?

Here are a few examples.. Compare the Roland E-50/60 with the BK 3,5 even the E-A7.. the quality in build is night and day.. Italy vs China.
Techs will verify, they are surprised that Roland uses top notch chips and components as a rule (Italy and Japan).... now look inside a Roland E30.(China)

Also compare the Ketron SD series and Roland G70 (Italy).. they are built well and quality parts. Same with the Fantom (Maylasia).

Its the same people running those factories that once ran those factories in the US and Japan... in the end, with the right quallity controll you can produce quallity products everywhere..

As said, the best most advanced electronic products these days are all manufactured in China and the rest of the far east.... Samsun, Apple, microsoft... it comes from the same factories that also build korg, yamaha and Roland equipment...

Sure there are also a lot of factories that build low quallity products in China... but those are not the factories owned by world leading companies.. both my pa4x and Genos are/where grade aaa+ products manufactored in China... and the plastic body of my Genos is stronger and more flexible then a metal one... it doesn’t crack.. and when dropped its flexible enough to keep its form... where a dropped metal keyboard just bends and keeps in that position..

These companies can not justify delivering bad quallity...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#476271 - 09/19/19 01:51 PM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Bachus]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway

This is nonsense...

Is it?
Feels so when move it, but it sure don't sound bad when play it .. smile
In fact, my first thoughts when take it out off the box was:
What the h%#¤ is this. It did not feel as quality build as my T4 at all.
But, as long as it stand still at the kb.stand, it's probably OK.
Hopefully it will last for years .....
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#476272 - 09/19/19 01:51 PM Re: where is the Genos made? [Re: Bachus]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango

This is nonsense...

Its the same people running those factories that once ran those factories in the US and Japan... in the end, with the right quallity controll you can produce quallity products everywhere..

As said, the best most advanced electronic products these days are all manufactured in China and the rest of the far east.... Samsun, Apple, microsoft... it comes from the same factories that also build korg, yamaha and Roland equipment...

Sure there are also a lot of factories that build low quallity products in China... but those are not the factories owned by world leading companies.. both my pa4x and Genos are/where grade aaa+ products manufactored in China... and the plastic body of my Genos is stronger and more flexible then a metal one... it doesn’t crack.. and when dropped its flexible enough to keep its form... where a dropped metal keyboard just bends and keeps in that position..

These companies can not justify delivering bad quallity...

Sure but can your plastic Genos … double as a boat anchor? My G70 can. grin

I agree that there could be some product lines that are quality.. but for the vast majority they are using the China factories to build cheaper products.. I have seen this with techs swapping out known inferior electronic parts for much better Japan parts.(poor workmanship and quality)..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online