SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#476164 - 09/17/19 02:04 PM Re: Question for Piano Players, is 73 keys enough? [Re: Kabinopus]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Kabinopus
P-121 does have an octave shift indeed, but it's not really that easily acceptable, unless, perhaps, you're using an iOS device with it.

I believe P-121 can be an excellent choice for a gigging musician, in case of using it exclusively at home I'd have second thoughts. I know that playing 76 keys in a lot of cases I'm not able to play a final arpeggio in the end of a song without using an octave shift.

Hi Kabinopus,
I managed to find my music books yesterday. The arpeggios I’m referring to , are the style itself, not an elaborate arpeggio ending. Not capable, my playing skills are VERY basic.
I’m going to look thru them all and try and work out highest and lowest notes and see if they fit within that range, if not I will get an 88 Note.
What I’m really trying to work out is if I will get the enjoyment of playing piano, like I did, before I gave it up 25 years ago.
If I can get back into the routine of practicing etc, I’d probably end up buying a Clavinova,
but instead of rushing in , decided to buy something fairly basic and see Iif I enjoy it first.

The new me. Haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#476175 - 09/17/19 04:30 PM Re: Question for Piano Players, is 73 keys enough? [Re: Uncle Dave]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Yes, Rikki - feels vey much like a piano, with heavier touch at the bottom, lighter at the top. Very comfy for me.

Thank you Dave.
If it wasn’t 6 hr drive, I’d check one out myself, so your input has been very helpful

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online