SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#475694 - 09/07/19 03:06 PM Anyone ever heard of Soundwonderland, styles etc
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi
Came across this post over on psr forum from member RGW.

Has anyone ever bought any of their stuff. Some of it sounds a bit pricey, but there again I wouldn’t know because there wasn’t much available for korgs and I hadn’t bothered buying anything for y psr.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oVSmjvxCRo0

Edited by rikkisbears (09/07/19 03:09 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#475696 - 09/07/19 04:00 PM Re: Anyone ever heard of Soundwonderland, styles etc [Re: rikkisbears]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Rikki, what I just heard could convince to buy a SX900.

Thank you, John C.

#475698 - 09/07/19 04:09 PM Re: Anyone ever heard of Soundwonderland, styles etc [Re: bruno123]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi John,
Did you check out the website. Hours of video clips on the site ,under Registrations .

I’m having problems putting up the link, fingers crossed.
https://soundwonderland.de/pages/en/shop/registrations.php?

Most of the stuff I wouldn’t use, but when I see registrations for, james last, Bert Kaempfert Glen Miller, symphony orchestra, plus a few more, definitely might be tempted to buy some
even if they seem pricey.

The girl who does some of the demos , is great, explanation on how to use them etc

Have to put in the keyboard you want them , as it appears not all the same stuff is available for all the models . Could be wrong. I put in the sx900

Edited by rikkisbears (09/07/19 04:17 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#475700 - 09/07/19 04:38 PM Re: Anyone ever heard of Soundwonderland, styles etc [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
Rikki, what I just heard could convince to buy a SX900.

Thank you, John C.

John did you pre order also?

#475701 - 09/07/19 05:02 PM Re: Anyone ever heard of Soundwonderland, styles etc [Re: rikkisbears]
Bachus Offline

Very friendly people overthere
Also very active on German keyboard forums
Helping people with good professional advice

They have womderfull products in their shop..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#475711 - 09/07/19 07:23 PM Re: Anyone ever heard of Soundwonderland, styles etc [Re: Bachus]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Very friendly people overthere
Also very active on German keyboard forums
Helping people with good professional advice

They have womderfull products in their shop..

Thank you Bachus, the site itself is great and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed watching some of the videos. Going to take some time to watch them all. Haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#475717 - 09/08/19 12:41 AM Re: Anyone ever heard of Soundwonderland, styles etc [Re: rikkisbears]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
No Donny, not yet, John C.

#475739 - 09/08/19 09:31 PM Re: Anyone ever heard of Soundwonderland, styles etc [Re: rikkisbears]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I read recently that "the EU passed some kind of regulation that forces us to click on "I accept your cookies"" for European sites. Is this an example? Germany?

SoundWonderland

#475743 - 09/08/19 09:37 PM Re: Anyone ever heard of Soundwonderland, styles etc [Re: rikkisbears]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Mark, I’ve noticed that on a few of the sites I’ve visited. Hadn’t paid any attention to it before.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#475745 - 09/08/19 10:03 PM Re: Anyone ever heard of Soundwonderland, styles etc [Re: rikkisbears]
Mark79100 Offline

Hi Rikki....yes...I've been getting this "click here to accept cookies" on an awful LOT of sites lately.

I just found this:

Can “Accept cookie” button in a website be malicious?

"In the European Union, the websites are now required to ask the user for their consent before using tracking cookies or other means to collect personal data about the user. However, they do not have to ask for the consent of the user to use cookies necessary to provide their service (such as session cookies). Thus, if websites asks to allow cookies, it is in order to legally collect personal data about the user. This data can be considered private or sensitive, depending on the appreciation of the users."

#475747 - 09/08/19 10:07 PM Re: Anyone ever heard of Soundwonderland, styles etc [Re: rikkisbears]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
My Chrome browser has an option to open in "incognito" mode. They can't track you. Supposedly.

#475749 - 09/08/19 10:17 PM Re: Anyone ever heard of Soundwonderland, styles etc [Re: rikkisbears]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi , I do my browsing on an iPad.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#475750 - 09/08/19 10:18 PM Re: Anyone ever heard of Soundwonderland, styles etc [Re: DonM]
Mark79100 Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
My Chrome browser has an option to open in "incognito" mode. They can't track you. Supposedly.

I try to stay away from anything associated with Google...the world's greatest collector of private data.

QUOTE: " Google is owned by Alphabet and owns both Google Search and Google Chrome "

#475760 - 09/09/19 05:12 AM Re: Anyone ever heard of Soundwonderland, styles etc [Re: rikkisbears]
Crossover Offline

It‘s a nightmare, I deactivated my Facebook music site due to the new EU data protection regulation. Too risky to be sued or pay penalty.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation

#475842 - 09/10/19 10:14 PM Re: Anyone ever heard of Soundwonderland, styles etc [Re: Crossover]
Mark79100 Offline

Originally Posted By Crossover
It‘s a nightmare, I deactivated my Facebook music site due to the new EU data protection regulation. Too risky to be sued or pay penalty.

Crossover...I don't use Facebook...I'm not familiar with it. Is this new "cookie" system so venomous you had to unplug.

Is the new "cookie" regulations better or worse than the system we're still using. Is there anything we need to know about working with this new "cookie coding?"

I'm running XP Pro and Windows 10 computers. I can easily go into my "cookie" folders and erase them every day, but it's not that easy on Windows 10. My list of Windows 10 cookies is somewhere around 300-400 now. They appear faster than I can erase them.

Oh yes, and I put a block on Google and still their cookies show up!

#475851 - 09/11/19 02:19 AM Re: Anyone ever heard of Soundwonderland, styles etc [Re: Mark79100]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Mark79100
Originally Posted By DonM

I try to stay away from anything associated with Google...the world's greatest collector of private data.

QUOTE: " Google is owned by Alphabet and owns both Google Search and Google Chrome "

While google requires the data you input for their money making models..

They also share all software they develop with the open source community.. (except those money making models)

They are not that bad, as they will not share the data they get...

But they are a problem, as they are way to domminant in internet advertising...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#475856 - 09/11/19 04:05 AM Re: Anyone ever heard of Soundwonderland, styles etc [Re: Mark79100]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By Mark79100
Originally Posted By Crossover

Crossover...I don't use Facebook...I'm not familiar with it. Is this new "cookie" system so venomous you had to unplug.

Is the new "cookie" regulations better or worse than the system we're still using. Is there anything we need to know about working with this new "cookie coding?"

I'm running XP Pro and Windows 10 computers. I can easily go into my "cookie" folders and erase them every day, but it's not that easy on Windows 10. My list of Windows 10 cookies is somewhere around 300-400 now. They appear faster than I can erase them.

Oh yes, and I put a block on Google and still their cookies show up!

Nothing has changed in technical respect. What has changed is that every website owner is now responsible for strict data protection according to the new EU regulations. As I have no idea what kind of tracking the website hosting service and Google and Facebook are really using it‘s not easy to list up everything that‘s done with the data in the detailed data protection declaration you are obliged to add to your website. It‘s legally impossible to do it correctly in case of a Facebook site as we don‘t even know in detail what Facebook is doing with the data, but courts have ruled that the user who operates the Facebook fanpage is responsible for it. Lawyers say you risk penalty when you run a fanpage.
EU data regulations are very impractical; theoretically you even have to sign a data agreement as soon as you exchange your phone number or business card.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online