SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#475520 - 09/05/19 07:27 AM How do YOU setup your Arranger Keyboard?..
Dnj Offline

Years ago I would setup my songs on arranger kb for performance as such. Each song setup no matter what keyboard would be perfectly tweaked for my needs eg: alphabetically,tempo,key,sounds,style,parts,fx,title,etc,etc,
listed somehow in songbook, registrations etc, for easy instant access..But now in studio mode I no longer need to have it all setup that way on recent units. All those hours or pre-setup, editing, tweaking etc,etc, isn't needed at home. Now I just pick a style, make a few on the fly adjustments and enjoy playing live with styles, smf,mp3 backing tracks or recording into my DAW. The arranger kb is just a Swiss Army knife of sorts to create music in so many ways.
I'm hoping the new KORG Ek-50 coming today for fills my time
fingers crossed.

So...How do YOU setup your Arranger Keyboard?..

Edited by Dnj (09/05/19 07:33 AM)

#475525 - 09/05/19 07:53 AM Re: How do YOU setup your Arranger Keyboard?.. [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Heavily edit Styles as you did but for generic use. One Style with the One Touch buttons set up can cover many songs. Edit SMFs editied but for specific songs.

#475528 - 09/05/19 08:49 AM Re: How do YOU setup your Arranger Keyboard?.. [Re: Dnj]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Yes Donny, I think you are right on. If you are performing live, you need to have everything ready to go at the push of a button. Not so much at home as you can tweak as needed. I only have about 70 songs in Korg songbook and often I just pick a song similar to the song that I am thinking of and fool around with it as needed.

#475533 - 09/05/19 10:08 AM Re: How do YOU setup your Arranger Keyboard?.. [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell
Yes Donny, I think you are right on. If you are performing live, you need to have everything ready to go at the push of a button. Not so much at home as you can tweak as needed. I only have about 70 songs in Korg songbook and often I just pick a song similar to the song that I am thinking of and fool around with it as needed.

#475551 - 09/05/19 03:16 PM Re: How do YOU setup your Arranger Keyboard?.. [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Donny,
Home use only, so I’ve never bothered to set up a song book.
I just put a note on my sheet music , which style to use.
Some of my styles I specifically set up to suit a song, then I just rename the style with the song name.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#475553 - 09/05/19 03:26 PM Re: How do YOU setup your Arranger Keyboard?.. [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Hi Donny,
Some of my styles I specifically set up to suit a song, then I just rename the style with the song name.

Hi Rikki.....

I understand being at home it's fine, ....but when you are under pressure in front of a few hundred people performing and singing you need to have it all setup ready top go at the blink of an eye with hardly no downtime in between songs to keep the room moving.
As long as your comfortable with your style of playing it's all good!

#475561 - 09/05/19 05:18 PM Re: How do YOU setup your Arranger Keyboard?.. [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Hi Donny,

Hi Rikki.....

I understand being at home it's fine, ....but when you are under pressure in front of a few hundred people performing and singing you need to have it all setup ready top go at the blink of an eye with hardly no downtime in between songs to keep the room moving.
As long as your comfortable with your style of playing it's all good!

Hi Donny,
No doubt. Everything would have to be setup , so it goes like clockwork.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#475564 - 09/05/19 05:22 PM Re: How do YOU setup your Arranger Keyboard?.. [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've spent the past three days setting up more Songbook entries for my 4X. I can do a few hundred songs instantly now. Also did some "tweaking" of style levels and key sets, and cleaned up some lyric (text) files.
Though most are named for a specific song, many can be used for similar songs as well.

#475576 - 09/06/19 01:34 AM Re: How do YOU setup your Arranger Keyboard?.. [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I set up my keyboards in the same manner, everything polished and filed by song name. If I get a request, will pull up a similar song. I think there is merit, also, in having some generic styles, but haven't done it.

#475582 - 09/06/19 06:05 AM Re: How do YOU setup your Arranger Keyboard?.. [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Usually I will being I have saved all setups in folders on my PC for each brand keyboard and just load them into the new ones
edit and tweak a bit and I am on my way BUT,..with this new SX900 I want to start completely from scratch using all available within the unit first to setup the play list, audition all styles and see what I can obtain for my songs using internal styles and sounds multipads, etc,and only then dig into my own custom user styles to add into the Sx900. In the past I would get a new keyboard, load it up with my setups and next day be on stage playing it....but now I have much time to really dig deep and make the SX900 sound and feel the way I would like. smile

#475587 - 09/06/19 06:56 AM Re: How do YOU setup your Arranger Keyboard?.. [Re: Dnj]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
My KB setup is different for each song I write. I adjust or change almost all the "voices/instruments" needed for the song. Then I change the pan settings as though each instrument would point to the "director" of the orchestra in the center. Then each instrument's volume is adjusted up or down to achieve the proper balance for the song. I select multi-pads to enhance play at points where needed.

Normally, the vocal will be at least 25 points above the music. Eventually, I'll save this group of settings as a registration.

Still experimenting with VH and Vocal Effects on the 970. I spend at least 50% more time doing this on the 970 than I did on the 910.

After a "sing-through" or two, I may go back and change other settings to suit the sound I'm trying to achieve. Thank God I don't have to sing on demand like you guys. I only need to get one good recording of the song and I'm done. It may take me 35 attempts to achieve what I consider to be success. LOL!

#475593 - 09/06/19 07:58 AM Re: How do YOU setup your Arranger Keyboard?.. [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Usually I will being I have saved all setups in folders on my PC for each brand keyboard and just load them into the new ones
edit and tweak a bit and I am on my way BUT,..with this new SX900 I want to start completely from scratch using all available within the unit first to setup the play list, audition all styles and see what I can obtain for my songs using internal styles and sounds multipads, etc,and only then dig into my own custom user styles to add into the Sx900. In the past I would get a new keyboard, load it up with my setups and next day be on stage playing it....but now I have much time to really dig deep and make the SX900 sound and feel the way I would like. smile

If the sx900 has the setlist feature of the Genos
Thats the way to go..

Single setlist entry, with style, song and a bank of performance memmories... just select and play and use the performance memmories to step trough the differnet parts of a song..

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online