SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#47546 - 10/10/05 06:52 AM Re: Secure Digital Card is 2 GB
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Yes thanks Alec - Hey Eddie talking about satisfaction and the Rolling Stones - that's one I have difficulty playing live even though I have a very good style file for it - must be the sliding notes that Mick uses in the chorus...
Rog

#47547 - 10/11/05 12:31 AM Re: Secure Digital Card is 2 GB
Sandgroper Offline

Loc: Busselton, Western Australia
Thanks Alec. Got the Jukebox & Audiograbber so will investigate sunfly now.
Rog
Know what you mean about the stones.How does he still prance around the stage like that? has he paid off the God of arthritis or something.Still, got to have some consolation for all those wrinkles Come to think of it all my groupies have wrinkles like that these days too. C'est La Vie I guess.
Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
the sunfly collection is very good and can be recommended: http://www.sunflykaraoke.com/
naturally you'll need the Jukebox package to get the audio on SD, but also a cd+g capable optical drive (nero info tool will tell) and ripper like audiograbber.

#47548 - 10/12/05 08:19 PM Re: Secure Digital Card is 2 GB
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
a 2 GB Secure Digital Card that is high speed 133X

What is meant by a "secured" card?

And why do they advertise "high speed"?
(This is the first time I heard of advertising any "Speed" on an SD Card)

I would think the hardest task of using a 2 GB card, would be for the user to locate a specific file, especially if the card is full.
But once you find the file, dosen't it load just as fast as any other SD Card, regardless of the capacity of the card?
In other words, dosen't a file load as fast on a 2GB card as a 32mb card?

So again, where does the "Speed" come in?

Just curious.
Larry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#47549 - 10/13/05 02:42 AM Re: Secure Digital Card is 2 GB
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Larry
The SD Card is an abbreviation of the full name, which is Secure Digital Card.
New SD cards can read & write faster then the original cards (Size is immaterial) and were developed because other devices, (SD Cards are used in a multitude of products) demanded faster memory. A Good Example is the Digital Camera, which in the old days took a few seconds to copy the data to the card before another picture could be taken, were as with modern Digital Cameras, pictures can be taken at 4, 5 or more times per second and so requires considerably faster memory.

Bill

#47550 - 10/13/05 02:56 AM Re: Secure Digital Card is 2 GB
technicsplayer Offline

a secure card can accept encrypted data such as protected audio. All premium cards are sold based on their superior speed ratings. If the host and controller chips in partnering equipment can handle the speed transfers will be faster. For the KN a 133 speed is overkill and a complete waste of money, though you may notice a difference on pc transfer though you will be very hard pressed to actually find a card reader or host chip-set that fast, for read perhaps with the latest state of the art, but not for write so far.

File location is immaterial in my view. I have 256, 512 and 1G with the folder and playlist structure substantially filled. With alphabet, number load and playlists it is no different finding something compared to a 64 or 128 card filled with many hundreds of styles.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online