SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#475445 - 09/04/19 12:37 PM Re: Has anyone received the Shingles Vaccine yet? [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
No, nay, never. No flu shots ... nothing like that. I'm not putting the bug into my system when I've never had it to begin with.
I know many disagree, but yuk - I just can't imagine.

#475448 - 09/04/19 12:53 PM Re: Has anyone received the Shingles Vaccine yet? [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
No, nay, never. No flu shots ... nothing like that. I'm not putting the bug into my system when I've never had it to begin with.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ever have the flu ?? It will change your mind. And playing out in public around a lot of people and being "a bit" older your gambling big time.
Do you use a sana-wipe on your mic every time someone sings ? Do you drink out of any of the bars' glasses, etc. ? Just sayin

#475450 - 09/04/19 01:06 PM Re: Has anyone received the Shingles Vaccine yet? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
They don't use live "bug" vaccine any more.
I never took flu vaccine. Finally got the flu this year. I'll take the shots now.

#475451 - 09/04/19 01:27 PM Re: Has anyone received the Shingles Vaccine yet? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave

Dave not a good idea,...I pray you NEVER get Shingles...
it is a horrible thing to have..
don't believe me ask anyone who has experienced it.

https://www.healthline.com/health/shingles-pictures#pictures

#475455 - 09/04/19 01:49 PM Re: Has anyone received the Shingles Vaccine yet? [Re: Dnj]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Got the first type three years ago. Just got the first of two of the new vaccine.

R.

#475456 - 09/04/19 01:53 PM Re: Has anyone received the Shingles Vaccine yet? [Re: captain Russ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By captain Russ
Got the first type three years ago. Just got the first of two of the new vaccine.

R.

Good move Russ...stay well buddy.

#475458 - 09/04/19 01:56 PM Re: Has anyone received the Shingles Vaccine yet? [Re: captain Russ]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Got my first shingles shot, the beginning of last year. Family doctor said there was a newer more effective vaccine, that I'll probably get this year in a few days. I know the flu shot is every year, but do we need to get a shingles injection every year? (They sting a little, and I'm a baby)

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#475473 - 09/04/19 03:08 PM Re: Has anyone received the Shingles Vaccine yet? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Pneumonia shot is very important to us more mature individuals. I got pneumonia earlier this year, and I had taken the shot earlier. Dr. said it may have kept it from being more severe, but that none of the vaccines are perfect.

#475492 - 09/04/19 04:46 PM Re: Has anyone received the Shingles Vaccine yet? [Re: DonM]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By DonM
Pneumonia shot is very important to us more mature individuals. I got pneumonia earlier this year, and I had taken the shot earlier. Dr. said it may have kept it from being more severe, but that none of the vaccines are perfect.

Maybe you would not come down with pneumonia at all... if you passed on the shot. grin

#475508 - 09/04/19 10:58 PM Re: Has anyone received the Shingles Vaccine yet? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Bill Lewis

Ever have the flu ?? It will change your mind. And playing out in public around a lot of people and being "a bit" older your gambling big time.
Do you use a sana-wipe on your mic every time someone sings ? Do you drink out of any of the bars' glasses, etc. ? Just sayin

1. Never had the flu - hardly have colds. I never get sick.
2. NO ONE sings on my mic. NEVER. I have guest mics for that.
3. I bring my own thermos for drinking water during work.

Aside from seasonal allergies, and a few extra pounds, I have no health issues. Don't even have aspirin in the medicine chest. Anytime my resistance runs low, I just cram Vitamin C, and rest, rest, rest. My body knows how to fix itself. I'm not a medicine, or doctor type for simple ailments. Fingers crossed that it stays this way.

The only down side I can think of for not getting a flu shot is being denied access to certain senior facilities that require it for guests, and vendors. I don't take many senior jobs anymore, because I'm fully booked at night. I'm not looking for work at all.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online