SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#475224 - 09/01/19 01:10 PM DONE? Ask The Credit Cowboy Radio VO & Jingle
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
The End is now louder...i couldn't edit the jingle but doubled the jingle only at end and raised it below other volume...

Thoughts???

Ask The Credit Cowboy Radio VO & Jingle

#475225 - 09/01/19 01:15 PM Re: DONE? Ask The Credit Cowboy Radio VO & Jingle [Re: Steve A]
Dnj Offline

I enjoyed the whole thing right to the point EXCEPT for the beginning Vocal Harmony which to me sounded a bit hokey, or maybe try another harmony setting (female?)..maybe bring it in as an ending fade out as a hook that lingers in peoples mind...
good luck with this project.

Edited by Dnj (09/01/19 02:05 PM)

#475257 - 09/02/19 01:31 AM Re: DONE? Ask The Credit Cowboy Radio VO & Jingle [Re: Steve A]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
I’m also not sure about VH. I think it’s important not to overdo something when you are trying to make it perfect. I liked the first version, which to my mind needed only to volume up the ending (which is done here).

The thing is, in commercial recordings, to my knowledge, harmonizes are not used at all. Each voice part is recorded separately, and then tuned to a perfect pitch with a Melodyne software.

#475258 - 09/02/19 02:02 AM Re: DONE? Ask The Credit Cowboy Radio VO & Jingle [Re: Steve A]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I think it is good as is with VH. DNJ could have a point with choice of VH voices, but it is near perfect, listening as a potential customer.

#475259 - 09/02/19 02:13 AM Re: DONE? Ask The Credit Cowboy Radio VO & Jingle [Re: Steve A]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Steve, Much better! The only thing I would suggest is raise the volume of “ask the credit cowboy” at the end. It seems to get buried.
Good job!
JM

Edited by jingleman (09/02/19 02:13 AM)

#475263 - 09/02/19 03:27 AM Re: DONE? Ask The Credit Cowboy Radio VO & Jingle [Re: Kabinopus]
Steve A Offline

Originally Posted By Kabinopus
I’m also not sure about VH. I liked the first version, which to my mind needed only to volume up the ending (which is done here).

The thing is, in commercial recordings, to my knowledge, harmonizes are not used at all.

Thanks...the script and vocal inflection on 1st version, were less exciting, but I get it.

BTW, no Vocal Harmpnizer. I did all those harmonies myself

#475264 - 09/02/19 03:41 AM Re: DONE? Ask The Credit Cowboy Radio VO & Jingle [Re: Bernie9]
Steve A Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
I think it is good as is with VH. DNJ could have a point with choice of VH voices

I "arranged" all the BGV's in my head. I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO USE THE VOCALIZER ON THE KORG....I have a VH on the PA 4 X but have never once used it...

I kind of thought out the harmony parts as I went along. All those BGV's are me singing. It's literally 22 tracks of me singing different parts, harmonies, oooohs, ahhhs, and A BOOM BOOM BOOM. (my personal favorite...LOL)

Yup....THIS IS ALL ME VOCALLY.........

Edited by Steve A (09/02/19 03:47 AM)

#475268 - 09/02/19 05:30 AM Re: DONE? Ask The Credit Cowboy Radio VO & Jingle [Re: Steve A]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Originally Posted By Steve A

BTW, no Vocal Harmpnizer. I did all those harmonies myself

Yes, I tend to make such mistake, because I don't really deal with vocals at all.

For this reason it's hard to rely on this kind of feedback. Scientist now say that people can't really tell what they are thinking, because most of the thinking is a background process. Mostly they tell some cliches which more or less suit a context.

Well, the point is that the final audience will hear it in their own, intuitive way; and the process of creating such a thing is also mostly intuitive. I believe that you will process the feedback here in a right and careful way, with an amount of scepticism.

Edited by Kabinopus (09/02/19 05:31 AM)

#475274 - 09/02/19 07:37 AM Re: DONE? Ask The Credit Cowboy Radio VO & Jingle [Re: jingleman]
Steve A Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Steve, Much better! The only thing I would suggest is raise the volume of “ask the credit cowboy” at the end. It seems to get buried.
Good job!
JM
[quote=jingleman]

Jingleman

HI
I have raised the volume but will try more. the end is a part of the jingle so I cannot redo it. Got me thinking if I raise volume it may be too unnatural.....So..... I think I will punch that line in vocally and ADD it and add reverb and pan it differently? At the very least think I will try copying the end part 2 more times and panning and adding delay and reverb. Thanks for the input because I would rather address now

#475291 - 09/02/19 10:50 AM Re: DONE? Ask The Credit Cowboy Radio VO & Jingle [Re: Steve A]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Steve:

Much improved when compared to the original. You are "on the right track" for the "clientele target audience." Best of luck with it. I hope the "jingle biz" is more profitable than the "music biz."

Have a great weekend.

#475449 - 09/04/19 12:59 PM Re: DONE? Ask The Credit Cowboy Radio VO & Jingle [Re: Riceroni9]
Steve A Offline

Originally Posted By Riceroni9
Steve:

Much improved when compared to the original. You are "on the right track" for the "clientele target audience." Best of luck with it. I hope the "jingle biz" is more profitable than the "music biz."

Actually not in the Jingle biz, I'm looking to get business for credit repair. This Radio ad being run in Los Angeles was done to bring business directly to me. I'm "The Credit Cowboy" & I want people to call me & ASK ME...........

#475459 - 09/04/19 02:02 PM Re: DONE? Ask The Credit Cowboy Radio VO & Jingle [Re: Steve A]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Is this specifically for a country station? This approach is too redneck for most of the stations in Kentucky.

I'm a loan officer at a credit union, and credit management is not something to be taken lightly.

Credit management companies are on many BBB watch lists across the country.

Just appears to be a weird approach to me...not one I'd have anything to do with either as a credit manager or as a customer.

Hope things work out for you. This approach is just not for me, and I have produced over 500 industrial films and thousands of jingles and music beds, including a whole bunch of national ones, like Lensecrafters, KFC, Sealtest Milk and lots of others.

If this approach matches the imprint of the station, of your persona on the air or the profile of prospective customers, go for it.

Good luck,

R.

#475463 - 09/04/19 02:22 PM Re: DONE? Ask The Credit Cowboy Radio VO & Jingle [Re: Steve A]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Steve I think folks here are missing your intent..

I think you are trying to capture your personality, and reaching your local community..

When folks do respond or/and come in to your place of business... they want to see and talk to "that" guy on the radio..

Use that Texan accent to your advantage.. You can sound like the "Credit cowboy" and be the professional credit manager they seek.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online