SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#475315 - 09/02/19 04:19 PM Re: OT: Top 20 Keyboard Intros of all Time [Re: abacus]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thank you Bill,
Enjoyed watching that.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#475319 - 09/02/19 05:53 PM Re: OT: Top 20 Keyboard Intros of all Time [Re: abacus]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I did enjoy watching this ... I knew ~3/4 of the songs, but ¼ of them are probably too "new" for me! :-) I liked a few of his videos where he pulls apart a song (he must have the original multitrack recordings??) and talks about what makes the song great (or what it's made of and how it comes together etc). Kind of fascinating . . . I don't know much about his level of expertise, but he seems to have plenty of interesting info to share anyway ...

Jim

#475325 - 09/02/19 10:09 PM Re: OT: Top 20 Keyboard Intros of all Time [Re: abacus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I do a few of these but most I've never heard of.
Now if you want to talk about some they missed....House of the Rising Sun (Animals), Green Onions (Booker T and MGs), Honky-Tonk Bill Doggett), Behind Closed Doors (Charlie Rich), Last Date (Floyd Kramer), Wha'd I Say (Ray Charles), Georgia (Ray Charles), Whole Lotta Shakin (Jerry Lee), Desperado (Eagles), ...these just come to mind and all have unforgettable keyboard intros. Once you hear the intro you know what's coming.
I agree about Whiter Shade of Pale--what a great song, even if the words don't make much sense. How 'bout Crocodile Rock? Somebody stop me, I know just enough to get in trouble.

#475332 - 09/03/19 04:37 AM Re: OT: Top 20 Keyboard Intros of all Time [Re: abacus]
Happy Birthday montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Good list Don.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#475334 - 09/03/19 04:47 AM Re: OT: Top 20 Keyboard Intros of all Time [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
I do a few of these but most I've never heard of.
Now if you want to talk about some they missed....House of the Rising Sun (Animals), Green Onions (Booker T and MGs), Honky-Tonk Bill Doggett), Behind Closed Doors (Charlie Rich), Last Date (Floyd Kramer), Wha'd I Say (Ray Charles), Georgia (Ray Charles), Whole Lotta Shakin (Jerry Lee), Desperado (Eagles), ...these just come to mind and all have unforgettable keyboard intros. Once you here the intro you know what's coming.
I agree about Whiter Shade of Pale--what a great song, even if the words don't make much sense. How 'bout Crocodile Rock? Somebody stop me, I know just enough to get in trouble.

These lists say more about the one making them then anout the actuall music

I guess your list suits most players onhere much better

Personally i love both lists..

I am spending a lot of time training these intro’s before starting up the style part of a song.. love playing them... adds depth, makes me feel much more pro((which i am not) then pushing the intro button on an arranger

http://keyszone.boards.net

#475338 - 09/03/19 07:44 AM Re: OT: Top 20 Keyboard Intros of all Time [Re: Uncle Dave]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
How many here on SZ can sing an impro like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XxLWoSmGug

I fall between singing straight and this video. Not too much on my vocals, mostly on my note playing. (Improvising) How else can the song be me?

John C.
Thank you, Dave.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online