SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#47474 - 08/14/03 02:21 AM Re: need good piano sound
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
I must agree wholeheartedly with Walt. I have not been totally happy with the pianos on my 7000 but have just added an MJ Sub Woofer to my set-up. The difference is spectacular and very noticeable with the piano voices.

Trevor

#47475 - 08/14/03 10:34 AM Re: need good piano sound
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
I beg to differ with Grandpa and Bebop. I would not ask SZ members their opinions to justify my purchase, but to ensure that I have not missed anything. Is there a Technics or Roland, etc., piano that I have not tested (that is highly recommended)? Then I need to check that out before purchasing. Is there a particular feature missing on a model? Is there a particular bug on a keyboard that I might miss on my demo. I remember a reviewer saying that he thought an F#3 sounded off to him. I would definitely want to hit that key many times to see if he is correct. Would I have done this without him pointing this out? No. One member on the other forum said he wanted a keyboard to create styles. Well, if that is his main focus on buying a keyboard, then several members (includeding me) said he should be looking at Technics, since they shine in that area. I am sure that dimsum will demo the model before he/she buys it, and several others as well, to make an informed choice. He/she is asking hear to get as much info as possible before making a choice. One member said the KN2600 organs sound thin (to him). When I demo the KN2600 I will see if he is correct, because organ sounds are important to me. (This is strange because the organs on the KN7000 are suppose to be fabulous). Is polyphony an issue with that keyboard? etc. etc.
Just my two cents.
Starkeeper

#47476 - 08/14/03 10:41 AM Re: need good piano sound
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Dimsum is aking this question here because there must have been a good reason you purchased a Technics rather then some other brand. He wants to know your reasoning. It was not an emotional issue when you bought your keyboard. If/when I upgrade my keyboard, it will not be an emotional issue. It's an emotional issue after I buy it.
Star

#47477 - 08/14/03 12:08 PM Re: need good piano sound
indytechpr804 Offline

Loc: indianapolis, in usa
I know nothing about the Technincs keyboards, But as i said before, this (SX-PR804) is our 2nd Technics Digital Piano. We Chose this over a standard Piano, and over other Digital Pianos, for many reasons;
Limited to no tuning, Similar Key play to an actual piano (Similar, not exact!)a great sound system built in, but the main reason was the amount of great sounding Pianos on the instrument. You name it, it has it plus Piano and Synth sounds that boggle the mind.

The dis-advantage is in the operation. It is not very user freindly, but neither was the Roland that we were looking at. There are days that we want to trade it back in, but we are learning the system, having patience, because as BEBOP put it, it does everything, it just may take some work figuring out how to do it, and of course the help of some very talented musicians on this site!

Indy

#47478 - 08/14/03 10:00 PM Re: need good piano sound
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Hey Star, now here is one we really agree on. Quote: ‘It’s an emotional issue after I buy it’. You aint heard emotion until you hear that old gal Ruthie get emotional when I dance in the house with a new three and a quarter grand keyboard under my arm.

Grandpa Doug

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online