SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#473817 - 08/01/19 01:00 AM Clavinova 's sound comparison
Nemydom Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Looking for some clarification around comparison of CVP's sound quality within the same generation.

If we compare the line level output of CVP-605 vs CVP-609, do the same voices sound 100% identical?

My understanding, CVP-609 sounds on the same level as the Tyros 4, but what about CVP-605? Is it the same, or it's more like psr-s950?

I do know, that CVP-609 has more sounds in it, more SA, megavoices etc and more styles. Also, it has better acoustic, and better specs. That's not the point. I only interested in comparing identical voices (from piano to drums) through the line output.

I would really appreciate your help, as it's extremely difficult to find this kind of info regarding Clavinovas.

Many thanks

#473819 - 08/01/19 03:54 AM Re: Clavinova 's sound comparison [Re: Nemydom]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
You may be able to find your answer at the PSR site since there is a dedicated section for the CVP series.

PSR Forum CVP Series

Edited by Stephenm52 (08/01/19 03:56 AM)

#473829 - 08/01/19 05:36 AM Re: Clavinova 's sound comparison [Re: Stephenm52]
Nemydom Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Originally Posted By Stephenm52
You may be able to find your answer at the PSR site since there is a dedicated section for the CVP series.

PSR Forum CVP Series

I did check that. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything there. I did a good research around the net - no luck. For some reason the majority A vs B discussions are limited to documented specs which is not the subject of this topic. I really need to know if the samples, D/A converters and the audio tract are the same.. Difficult question, I know. Thanks anyway

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online