SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#473826 - 08/01/19 05:26 AM Re: It is here. [Re: DonM]
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I don't think we should be too hard on the demonstrator, the central subject is style and voice demonstration and that's what we got. This has scratched the surface, nothing more. We will know more when we get our hands (literally) on some hardware.

#473831 - 08/01/19 05:58 AM Re: It is here. [Re: MacAllcock]
Dnj Offline

#473832 - 08/01/19 06:00 AM Re: It is here. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

#473840 - 08/01/19 07:38 AM Re: It is here. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

But where is the VH2 demo? confused1

#473841 - 08/01/19 08:02 AM Re: It is here. [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, I seriously doubt that anything has changed with the VH2, which I found to be more than adequate when properly tuned, hence the vocal harmony I used with Hallelujah. To me, it provided more latitude than my TC Helicon Harmony-M, which I tried when I first recorded that song and rejected it because of the inability to reach those higher notes.

I learned a lot about the VH2 from one of the guys on the PSR-Tutorial and if you recall, there is an entire section posted there on how to set it up. I used the mic YOU recommended, the Sennheiser E-855, which I purchased many years ago upon your recommendation. It is a fantastic mic, however, like nearly all high-quality mics and vocal processors, it requires a fair degree of vocal control on the part of the vocalist. No proximity effect, just vocal control, which produced excellent vocal harmony with the VH2.

Good luck,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (08/01/19 08:03 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#473846 - 08/01/19 08:52 AM Re: It is here. [Re: cgiles]
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland
Originally Posted By cgiles
Don, I watched a whole string of those demos. Thank God yours don't sound like that. I wanted to reach inside my computer monitor and strangle that demo guy. That series of demos was the most convincing reason to ban Arrangers from existence. Luckily, I know that they don't HAVE to sound like that (repetitive, unimaginative, nauseating actually) but sadly, that's what the average arranger player sounds like. It just proves Paul's saying more and more ("It's not the keyboard...") because your's (or Rico's, or the guy from India?, and a few others) certainly don't sound like that. Which....is one of my problems with Arrangers; it ALLOWS you to sound like that (adequate but boring) if you don't put the work in. That's why, except for the excitement of getting something new and different....aka boredom, there is little reason to buy the latest, greatest. Some of the guys here have put out material that sounded infinitely better (to me) on much older arranger keyboards - the sounds themselves weren't better, the PERFORMANCE was. I'm sure this is a nice board but......so what. JMO.

chas

You are offcourse entitled to your own opinion, but I have never seen Martin Harris being accused of that, nor do I agree with you.

If you can do better that this however, I very much look forward to seeing a video.

Yes, these are slick demos, but they have to be. I wish Korg did product demos of this high quality and consistancy with their product introductions.

Tom

Edited by Tom NL (08/01/19 08:57 AM)

#473847 - 08/01/19 08:53 AM Re: It is here. [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Gary...I am not convinced about the tracking as a power singer...it's terrible at best. Until I am shown differently I stay with my opinion on VH2,....TC Helicon is Miles ahead in this VH technology.I am not alone.

#473849 - 08/01/19 09:19 AM Re: It is here. [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Tom, I think I'm entitled to my opinion without having to provide you with a video of me. How many times have YOU been requested to provide a video of YOUR performance for criticizing an artist or piece of gear that you didn't like. Obviously, you're a fan of Martin Harris (if that's who it is). I didn't find his demos particularly inspirational in the sense that they greatly differentiated this arranger keyboard from any of a number of others. As someone else noted, they all sound good at this point. Yes, the production and sound quality of the videos was very good but sometimes that just enhances what you DON'T like about something.

chas

#473850 - 08/01/19 09:28 AM Re: It is here. [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
They should hire me to do those demos. I'd have every cowboy in Texas buying arrangers. smile
I'm editing this, because it obviously was misunderstood by someone. I am joking about doing demos for Yamaha. If you know me at all, you know I am very aware of my limitations and qualifications. I can see how it was misunderstood if you don't me though.
Besides they don't hire 76-year-old employees because the health insurance would be too high. smile

Edited by DonM (08/04/19 01:02 PM)
Edit Reason: Clarify comments

#473851 - 08/01/19 09:41 AM Re: It is here. [Re: DonM]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Right on Don, Johm C.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online