Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#476310 - 09/20/19 01:40 AM Re: Still think she's GREAT! [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
Well Fran, you should have stayed out of South Philly smile smile. That's interesting, because during my stint in Philly and South Jersey I almost always worked with a mixed group including Black and White female singers (in both Black and White clubs) and I don't ever recall having a problem. Maybe because most of the clubs we played were jazz clubs which always had mixed patrons (as well as musicians of all stripes coming around to 'sit in' ---oftentimes they were just trying to 'gorilla' the gig smile ). We did tend to avoid the Jersey Shore clubs though (with the exception of Atlantic City) as the patrons tended to be more like what you described. Guess that's the America we're trying to get back to; personally, I don't think we ever left. Oh well, I'll be dead soon and for me, at least, it will no longer matter. Sometimes I can hardly wait. I used to think that people could change; I no longer believe that. I used to think that people were basically good; I no longer believe that either.

chas

I totally understand where you are coming from Chas with what you say. I know I can't totally understand how you experience some people. But I also find them to be absolutely unacceptable. I would change that statement to MOST people are basically good but there will always be some total assholes. I pray that the percentage of assholes drops as time goes on.

#476385 - 09/20/19 10:31 PM Re: Still think she's GREAT! [Re: captain Russ]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Here's a lady that makes my speakers sweat .... and the sax into is pretty awesome, too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxoXsTk6tT8&list=PLQex93r41WkGMaTkXfzDvMpH6IbA_r1fQ

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online