SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#473906 - 08/01/19 05:09 PM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX900 REAL Photos, Features, Pricing!!! [Re: Mikem]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
The PSR-SX900 incorporates a newly-designed, bi-amped speaker system with a wide stereo audio field. To ensure silky-smooth, high-quality sound, the DAC (Digital Audio Converter) on this keyboard has been upgraded to 32-bit, the same as those found in Genos and in the top-of-the-line Yamaha MONTAGE synthesizer.

Just the above two improvements will guarantee that the sound quality will be better than the previous PSR's.

I can't wait to try it!

#473909 - 08/01/19 05:43 PM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX900 REAL Photos, Features, Pricing!!! [Re: Mikem]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Mikem
The PSR-SX900 incorporates a newly-designed, bi-amped speaker system with a wide stereo audio field. To ensure silky-smooth, high-quality sound, the DAC (Digital Audio Converter) on this keyboard has been upgraded to 32-bit, the same as those found in Genos and in the top-of-the-line Yamaha MONTAGE synthesizer.

Just the above two improvements will guarantee that the sound quality will be better than the previous PSR's.

I can't wait to try it!

That would mean Stereo Always.. just sayin' dance2

#473912 - 08/01/19 06:07 PM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX900 REAL Photos, Features, Pricing!!! [Re: Mikem]
Crossover Offline

I can't wait to try it!

The speakers - if you need them, ok...
32bit - Are you unhappy with the audio quality of the CDs you listen to?
All CDs are recorded in 16bit, so if you ask me, it‘s marketing...

#473916 - 08/01/19 06:46 PM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX900 REAL Photos, Features, Pricing!!! [Re: Crossover]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By Crossover

I can't wait to try it!

Perhaps, but I'd rather have something better, even if I can't hear much of a difference.

#473917 - 08/01/19 06:50 PM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX900 REAL Photos, Features, Pricing!!! [Re: Mikem]
Dnj Offline

I can't wait to try it!

Perhaps, but I'd rather have something better, even if I can't hear much of a difference.

Mikem did you pre order?

#473920 - 08/01/19 07:09 PM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX900 REAL Photos, Features, Pricing!!! [Re: Dnj]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

I can't wait to try it!

Mikem did you pre order?

Don't tempt me! I know that I cannot afford the Genos, so I was willing to get the PSR-S975. I thought it was pretty good. But now, with the new SX900, I don't think I would miss the Genos too much! Of course, I'd also either keep my Motif XF, or get the MODX. Hopefully, It's just a matter of time before I get it. Being single has its advantages, like not having to ask one's spouse before laying out some cash. Fortunately, I'm married to a good, understanding Italian woman (Italo-Canadian), who wants nothing but the best for me! smile

#473925 - 08/01/19 08:15 PM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX900 REAL Photos, Features, Pricing!!! [Re: DonM]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
A few more country styles scattered around.
Country Swing in Jazz
Country Waltz in World
Country Blues R&B

Jerryghr

#473929 - 08/02/19 01:35 AM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX900 REAL Photos, Features, Pricing!!! [Re: Crossover]
sunster Offline

Loc: Mumbai, INDIA
Totally Second that. One of the main reasons to sell my S970

#473930 - 08/02/19 02:33 AM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX900 REAL Photos, Features, Pricing!!! [Re: sunster]
sunster Offline

Loc: Mumbai, INDIA
Speakers on the previous series Yamaha Arrangers: I have owned Yamaha Arrangers starting with the PSR-S520 and the best sound experience I have had were with the S900. I used to play in small venues with about 50-70 people and never needed a PA. Comparitively playing/rehearsing in the same venue with the S970 and there was a difference. The S970 always had to be cranked to almost full volume and that would result in distortion etc. For me the onboard speakers are a deciding factor. Right now I own the Korg PA1000 since about 6 months but on the verge of selling it. The speakers on 'em are not the best but many steps ahead of the S970.

#473947 - 08/02/19 08:05 AM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX900 REAL Photos, Features, Pricing!!! [Re: Mikem]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
When I briefly owned a PA1000 I once used the internal speakers only to play in the main dining room where I work. I normally work in the Club Room. I thought the speakers were a little weak for that, but the response from the audience was great.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online