Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#473267 - 07/21/19 02:22 PM Re: Korg Pa4x connected on TV monitor? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Anyone?

Here's my chance to get rid of one of my old analog TV's

What's your fancy 13" with VCR smile or 20".. Both with rca connection.

Cheap as in ice cream waffle with fresh strawberries. grin

#473274 - 07/21/19 03:36 PM Re: Korg Pa4x connected on TV monitor? [Re: Uncle Dave]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Donny, if you are playing and plan to use the buttons to make changes, then not too much difference. When you are programing anything and have to use the touch screen, it then becomes a problem. On occasions while playing I need to know which pads, which OS instruments, or muted instruments are in my setup. Creating a song in Song Book becomes difficult; I have enough problems being accurate with my fat finger and watching two displays. Yamaha has dedicated buttons making selecting easier.
RCA video to HDMI needs a converter; A TV would make life easier. I have a 22” monitor which needs a converter --- If I decide that I want the setup, I will buy a small TV.

Just my thoughts, John C.
PS, RCA is analogue, HDMI is digital = converter.

#473276 - 07/21/19 04:22 PM Re: Korg Pa4x connected on TV monitor? [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
Donny, if you are playing and plan to use the buttons to make changes, then not too much difference. When you are programing anything and have to use the touch screen, it then becomes a problem. On occasions while playing I need to know which pads, which OS instruments, or muted instruments are in my setup. Creating a song in Song Book becomes difficult; I have enough problems being accurate with my fat finger and watching two displays. Yamaha has dedicated buttons making selecting easier.
RCA video to HDMI needs a converter; A TV would make life easier. I have a 22” monitor which needs a converter --- If I decide that I want the setup, I will buy a small TV.

Just my thoughts, John C.
PS, RCA is analogue, HDMI is digital = converter.

I probably won't get one will ever use it I've just looking for information.... Thanx buddy

#473279 - 07/21/19 05:27 PM Re: Korg Pa4x connected on TV monitor? [Re: Dnj]

My most interesting monitor setup was with the S975, a 17” laptop, and a 22” monitor. The laptop was too big to put it front of the S975, so put it on the side – or anywhere that was convenient. And my monitor directly in front of me. I was able to switch from the laptop or the S975 display with one move. When the laptop was displayed in the monitor, I was able to control it with the mouse.

There so much of my work in my laptop, lyrics, notes, song list – one move and the song was on the monitor. One move and I was able to see the S975 display.

This is one of the reasons that I may go back to Yamaha.
John C.

#473280 - 07/21/19 05:51 PM Re: Korg Pa4x connected on TV monitor? [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
My most interesting monitor setup was with the S975, a 17” laptop, and a 22” monitor. The laptop was too big to put it front of the S975, so put it on the side – or anywhere that was convenient. And my monitor directly in front of me. I was able to switch from the laptop or the S975 display with one move. When the laptop was displayed in the monitor, I was able to control it with the mouse.

There so much of my work in my laptop, lyrics, notes, song list – one move and the song was on the monitor. One move and I was able to see the S975 display.

This is one of the reasons that I may go back to Yamaha.
John C.

Was the audience able to see you with all that stuff in front of you why you sitting down?

#473281 - 07/21/19 06:09 PM Re: Korg Pa4x connected on TV monitor? [Re: Dnj]

No, but I do not go out and play any longer.

To answer your question if I was playing out.
Buy a monitor or a TV that fits your needs. 14”, 17” whatever. The laptop can be placed behind me. So, what you have is a keyboard, a mic, and a mouse. No music rack because you have a monitor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFt5jhaPud4&t=463s

John C.

#473285 - 07/21/19 07:38 PM Re: Korg Pa4x connected on TV monitor? [Re: Fran Carango]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Originally Posted By Dnj
Anyone?

Here's my chance to get rid of one of my old analog TV's

What's your fancy 13" with VCR smile or 20".. Both with rca connection.

Cheap as in ice cream waffle with fresh strawberries. grin

Ally wants a VCR - I'll take the 13"! Bring it to Paul's tomorrow!
And Donny ... yes, mine's brand new, but theres a certain serial number that starts the new TV hookup, and mine missed that cut. No biggie ... don't need it.

#473286 - 07/21/19 07:45 PM Re: Korg Pa4x connected on TV monitor? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Understood Thanx Dave

#473308 - 07/22/19 06:45 AM Re: Korg Pa4x connected on TV monitor? [Re: Uncle Dave]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Later models did away with the RCA connector, and replaced it with an HDMI port. Mine has RCA

Yes that's correct, the "B" Model which seems I just missed out on as my PA1000 still had the Composite connection. Or.... did the store I bought it from still had the old stock left over? Either way I was a bit annoyed because HDMI would surely given a clearer picture.

Edited by DannyUK (07/22/19 06:46 AM)

#473309 - 07/22/19 06:56 AM Re: Korg Pa4x connected on TV monitor? [Re: DannyUK]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DannyUK
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Later models did away with the RCA connector, and replaced it with an HDMI port. Mine has RCA

Yes that's correct, the "B" Model which seems I just missed out on as my PA1000 still had the Composite connection. Or.... did the store I bought it from still had the old stock left over? Either way I was a bit annoyed because HDMI would surely given a clearer picture.

YES HDMI will be sharper...I will know when it arrives.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online