SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#472387 - 07/06/19 09:42 AM Quick question Genios audio files
ZootAllures Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
I am one who advocates the "read the manual" stuff before asking on a forum, but somehow I'm not getting "it" here. I use Mp3 backing tracks and on my Korg PA700, I simply load the mp3 on the disk and it opens up and plays. On the Genos, not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get the board to see the audio files. The disk is fine, because my extra styles, mid files, multipads, etc all load ok. Is there a different format beside MP3 I need to use ? I tried wav files but to no avail...

#472389 - 07/06/19 10:05 AM Re: Quick question Genios audio files [Re: ZootAllures]
ZootAllures Offline

Oops.. Genos.. LOL "genios" = possible senior moment here !!

#472429 - 07/06/19 04:02 PM Re: Quick question Genios audio files [Re: ZootAllures]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
You must use the Genos onboard, USB, Audio recorder/player to play them. They should work just fine.

Press the USB Audio Player button, then tab to the USB drive to select the file you wish to play, and press the play button at the bottom of the display.

Hope this helps,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#472434 - 07/06/19 04:45 PM Re: Quick question Genios audio files [Re: ZootAllures]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Check out the Genos screen shots. To the right of Song A, you'll see a slider type switch if it's set to midi you will not see or find your audio/MP3 files. Likewise, if the slider is set to Audio you will not see your midi files. In the example photos, the Genos was set to the same screen until I slid the switch to chose either midi or audio

Attachments
Genos screen2.jpg

Genos screen 1.jpg

Edited by Stephenm52 (07/06/19 04:49 PM)

#472437 - 07/06/19 07:29 PM Re: Quick question Genios audio files [Re: ZootAllures]
ZootAllures Offline

Thanks for the replies. I did exactly what you guys said but it wasn't seeing the first audio files I added. I suspected there was something wrong with the first two files that the Genos doesn't like. They play fine in the PA700 though. I tried using a different conversion software for the next ones I added. They work fine and they are also in the same folder as the ones that do not work, so I now know I wasn't loading them wrong. I still don't see the first files. I'll go back and redo them. Thanks guys.

Edited by ZootAllures (07/06/19 07:45 PM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online