SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#472197 - 07/01/19 08:23 PM Problems with 1.4 Genos Update
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
After update all of a sudden having problems with the Playlist functions on the supplied list from Yamaha

When I call up a reg in playlist I'm getting "File Not Found , or file name is inappropriate"

Never had this problem before! Anyone else experiencing dramas?

#472202 - 07/02/19 06:55 AM Re: Problems with 1.4 Genos Update [Re: Robbo]
Dnj Offline

These error messages are from what type of files?

#472204 - 07/02/19 07:28 AM Re: Problems with 1.4 Genos Update [Re: Robbo]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The file not found error is usually because the style file associated with the registration is missing or not named properly. This has been a problem in the past, and not one caused by updating.

When the file name inappropriate error shows up either the file name is too large (too many letters) or wrong type of file.

Hope this helps,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#472219 - 07/02/19 01:56 PM Re: Problems with 1.4 Genos Update [Re: travlin'easy]
Robbo Offline

Thanks Gary for your reply. Only thing is I didn’t have this problem prior to the update, and I do now?. It seems that even though the files are full on the usb stick when I insert it into the Genos the folders are there but nothing inside them? Any ideas?

#472220 - 07/02/19 01:59 PM Re: Problems with 1.4 Genos Update [Re: Robbo]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Robbo
Thanks Gary for your reply. Only thing is I didn’t have this problem prior to the update, and I do now?. It seems that even though the files are full on the usb stick when I insert it into the Genos the folders are there but nothing inside them? Any ideas?

Try Reformatting the USB stick with the NEW Update..

#472224 - 07/02/19 02:59 PM Re: Problems with 1.4 Genos Update [Re: Robbo]
travlin'easy Offline

Place the stick in your PC, open the stick and look for the files. In the keyboard, they can only been seen my the OS, not on the display if I recall correctly.

Now, those file cannot be in a folder, at least that has been my experience with other models. If they are in folders, they cannot be read because the OS system updates only looks in the USB drive's root directory for the individual files.

Hope this helps,

Gary

#472230 - 07/02/19 11:29 PM Re: Problems with 1.4 Genos Update [Re: travlin'easy]
Robbo Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Place the stick in your PC, open the stick and look for the files. In the keyboard, they can only been seen my the OS, not on the display if I recall correctly.

Now, those file cannot be in a folder, at least that has been my experience with other models. If they are in folders, they cannot be read because the OS system updates only looks in the USB drive's root directory for the individual files.

Hope this helps,

Gary

Thanks Gary, as it says put in root directory! My mistake, sorry for the worry, all good in love again with Genos!

#472241 - 07/03/19 08:27 AM Re: Problems with 1.4 Genos Update [Re: Robbo]
travlin'easy Offline

Glad I was able to help.

Gary cool

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online