SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#472151 - 07/01/19 10:12 AM Re: Hammond SK1 & SD90...OR KETRON SD9 ? [Re: Fran Carango]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Originally Posted By Torch
The Yamaha YC receives and transmits tons of CC messages. Just about all the buttons and drawbars do. I played it at NAMM a few years ago and I really liked the sounds. The MIDI implementation is not in the manual but in the following PDF

https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/7/794817/reface_en_dl_b0.pdf
Chris I specifically asked the rep , if the YC would transmit the drawbars and leslie control to my pc DAW.. He said it would not..

I do notice some cc transmits in the manual, but a lot of important ones are X (no).

I had visions of replacing my Korg nanocontrol, with the YC.
Often times, I find that factory reps do not really know much about the very products they demonstrate and even give the wrong information. Then whoever hears the wrong information becomes a false prophet against one’s will. It is amazing how the Yamaha rep could tell you such misinformation when the YC can actually send and receive so many CC messages from every single button and slider as in the data sheet. In fact, I am surprised that YC is so capable as a midi controller.

"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#472153 - 07/01/19 10:14 AM Re: Hammond SK1 & SD90...OR KETRON SD9 ? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Checking the ol' wallet CAN have a sobering effect on gearlust, unless, of course, you're just stirring the pot for the sake of stirring the pot. Boredom can drive that too. In any case, we patiently await your next great, sometimes latent, discovery. Hey, if you're really that bored, you can always pay me a visit; I've got lots of toys. It'll be like Trump and Pelosi smile.

Your BFF,

chas

PS: If you answer this within the next 5 minutes, I will win a $5.00 bet. Seriously!! (so let's get a move on smile ).

#472161 - 07/01/19 11:22 AM Re: Hammond SK1 & SD90...OR KETRON SD9 ? [Re: Torch]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By Torch
Often times, I find that factory reps do not really know much about the very products they demonstrate and even give the wrong information. Then whoever hears the wrong information becomes a false prophet against one’s will. It is amazing how the Yamaha rep could tell you such misinformation when the YC can actually send and receive so many CC messages from every single button and slider as in the data sheet. In fact, I am surprised that YC is so capable as a midi controller.

Thanks for clarifying the issue, Torch. You are right on the mark. One of The Four Agreements, "Don't make Assumptions" applies very well in this case, smile

The instrument is a little gem.

Ian

#472173 - 07/01/19 02:01 PM Re: Hammond SK1 & SD90...OR KETRON SD9 ? [Re: cgiles]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Checking the ol' wallet CAN have a sobering effect on gearlust, unless, of course, you're just stirring the pot for the sake of stirring the pot. Boredom can drive that too. In any case, we patiently await your next great, sometimes latent, discovery. Hey, if you're really that bored, you can always pay me a visit; I've got lots of toys. It'll be like Trump and Pelosi smile.

Your BFF,

chas

PS: If you answer this within the next 5 minutes, I will win a $5.00 bet. Seriously!! (so let's get a move on smile ).

HaHa! There's five bucks you've blown. Coulda put it towards a new accordion. :):)

#472174 - 07/01/19 02:04 PM Re: Hammond SK1 & SD90...OR KETRON SD9 ? [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles

Your BFF,

chas

First and foremost I don't discuss politics with anyone,........
that said, you will probably be waiting a long time,
...as I said, I am cured & cautious.
Happy to a point with my S670 & now "clean studio"
now that all the dusty gear I bought, traded, etc, is gone...
except for my computer, laptops, tablet,
and DAW recording programs, speakers, mics, headphones, etc,..
sorry you lost the bet...have a GREAT EVENING. cool2

#472176 - 07/01/19 02:19 PM Re: Hammond SK1 & SD90...OR KETRON SD9 ? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Donny, I wasn't discussing politics (I do that at The Bar), I was just trying to get a SMILE out of you (boredom seems to have you a little on edge lately). If it makes you feel any better, I am a worst offender than you 'cause I tend to KEEP all the crap I buy on impulse (usually influenced by Fran, DonM, and Uncle Dave smile ).

The truth is, I wanted to see if I could keep you from posting for five minutes; guess what? It worked.

smile

All in fun.

chas

#472178 - 07/01/19 02:39 PM Re: Hammond SK1 & SD90...OR KETRON SD9 ? [Re: 124]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By 124

HaHa! There's five bucks you've blown. Coulda put it towards a new accordion. :):)

Yeah, that's on my 'bucket list'.....but I'm sort of hoping I die first smile.

chas

#472179 - 07/01/19 02:39 PM Re: Hammond SK1 & SD90...OR KETRON SD9 ? [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Chas, I am at peace with myself at this time.
After all the thoughtful discussions and ideas
which really makes sense, and with the mention of
garage band which I forgot I have on my iPad.
Played with the GB app a bit Organs, Pianos, EP, etc,
they sound great, so do my VST's on my DAW programs....
and then realized that I don't need any of it
or any new other gear then what I already have for my needs.
Oh yeah my bar days are over I don't smoke or drink. wink

#472183 - 07/01/19 03:15 PM Re: Hammond SK1 & SD90...OR KETRON SD9 ? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Donny, I meant the SYNTHZONE BAR. I don't smoke or drink either and haven't been in a bar since I stopped playing in one (a Jazz club really) several years ago. I'm glad you've found inner peace; that's something we all strive for, I guess. But the question is, can one be at peace and bored at the same time? Seems to me that if one is still bored, they are still striving for or looking for, something. I'm sure that's the case with me. Oh well, I guess we have to follow where the path leads.....or do we? smile smile

chas

#472189 - 07/01/19 03:47 PM Re: Hammond SK1 & SD90...OR KETRON SD9 ? [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Take the road less travelled ...

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online