SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#471909 - 06/27/19 05:37 PM Re: ot/ Touch of Grey For Men [Re: travlin'easy]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY

Growing older gracefully is about enjoying life.
I accept the fact that aging is natural and normal. It's about accepting the inevitability of getting older, taking care of your mind and body, and being your best self at any age.

Jerryghr

#471912 - 06/27/19 05:58 PM Re: ot/ Touch of Grey For Men [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By DonM
But at least you'll have dark hair when you die! HEHEHE.

laugh2

#471927 - 06/27/19 08:08 PM Re: ot/ Touch of Grey For Men [Re: Jerryghr]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Jerryghr

I accept the fact that aging is natural and normal.

Yup. Look at Phil Collins - it'd didn't slow him down looking like Squiggy's grandfather all these years. James Taylor too ... they' don't need wigs, or sprays, and neither do I! Hat's off gents! Shine on eight balls!

#471930 - 06/27/19 08:15 PM Re: ot/ Touch of Grey For Men [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Jerryghr

I accept the fact that aging is natural and normal.

Yup. Look at Phil Collins - it'd didn't slow him down looking like Squiggy's grandfather all these years. James Taylor too ... they' don't need wigs, or sprays, and neither do I! Hat's off gents! Shine on eight balls!

+1

#471943 - 06/28/19 06:54 AM Re: ot/ Touch of Grey For Men [Re: Dnj]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Looks good Gary-if you like it and it makes you feel better, why not!

#471944 - 06/28/19 07:29 AM Re: ot/ Touch of Grey For Men [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tracey, the only reason I did this is to prove a point - it can make you APPEAR YOUNGER LOOKING, which can result in more music jobs. Age discrimination exists and has existed for as long as I can remember. For ME, an inexpensive dye job resulted in a huge increase in the number of jobs I landed yearly. I went from just over 200 jobs a year to nearly 450 jobs a year. To ME, it made good business sense. For those with no hair, they do not have this option to work with.

This has nothing to do with vanity - it's a business tool that for some, can be very effective. When we go on stage, and perform in front of an audience, most entertainers want to look their best. In the past, most top entertainers dress accordingly, they wore sharp pressed slacks, sport coats or tuxedos, tie, highly polished shoes, clean shaven, and neatly trimmed hair. We tried to look our best, and at the very least, better than our audiences. We took pride in out appearance, both on stage and off.

When I played the restaurant circuit, I wore a tuxedo every night I was working. I frequently received complements about my attire and professional appearance, which often resulted in more money in the tip jar. Anyone that has worked the restaurant entertainment circuit knows that the tip jar can provide as much or more income per night than the salary they are paid from the facility.

Now, do I enjoy looking a bit younger than my age - ABSOLUTELY! Who doesn't? When they take my dead arse to the Maryland Anatomy Lab at the University of Maryland Hospital, the med student cutting me apart to learn human anatomy really won't give a damned about my hair color. He or she will be looking at my internal organs and trying not to throw up or pass out. Been there - done that!

Bottom line, when you look your best on stage, you will likely book more jobs, and make more money. Nothing wrong with that!

Gary (The old, retired fart.)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#471953 - 06/28/19 08:59 AM Re: ot/ Touch of Grey For Men [Re: travlin'easy]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Gary (The old, retired fart.)

Yep, feeling unworthy comes with aging as one looses strength and abilities. I am getting there myself so I know all too well. Wish I could convince you of the things pertaining to eternity. It's NOT over when it's over... I have so much to look forward to, I can hardly wait to go!

#471955 - 06/28/19 09:37 AM Re: ot/ Touch of Grey For Men [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Henni, I have never felt unworthy, though I have lost much of my physical strength due to the lack of oxygen in my bloodstream. However, because I am a hardheaded, old fart, I tend to try and continue to do many of the things I have done all my life, such as spend time sailing the waters of Chesapeake Bay, doing chores around the house, keep the gardens in shape, etc... When I go grocery shopping, I must now resort to using one of those electric carts, but I still manage to get the job done. It just takes a bit longer to do some of those things, but I am too damned hardheaded to at least not try and overcome the health issues.

As for eternity, not everyone believes the same as you, and from my point of view, it seems as if everyone wants to go to heaven, but not many wish to go tomorrow. wink

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#471956 - 06/28/19 09:50 AM Re: ot/ Touch of Grey For Men [Re: Dnj]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Tx Gary. Great to hear you are still on top of things. Yup, like they correctly say: getting old is not for sissies.

Cheers,
Henni

#471957 - 06/28/19 10:06 AM Re: ot/ Touch of Grey For Men [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Wow!!! over 1000 views...
this topic certainly is hitting home !!

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online