SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#47176 - 04/25/05 11:51 PM (Kn7000) - 2 questions:
metaldream Offline

Loc: Milan
I've 2 little problems:

1) Example:

I wanna a GUITAR with a kind of effect in DSP (track one) and a drum (track 10) with another DSP effect.

I go in SOUND SETTINGS and choose each for track but after that, the keyboard "play all with only one of the two DSP effect", the last I choose... is it possible give for each track, so I mean for each instrument 1 DSP effect different from others?
(R1 R2 L1 I know it's possible), but for others tracks?

2)about MIC:

If i use some effect on MIC those effects go also in the music and I don't want that.
Is it possible give effects to the MIC and no to to the music?

(I USE STEP RECORD MODE TO REC.)

Thanks,

Marco

PS: If not possible do those things I will not past hours to search how to do it, on manual i did not found answers.

#47177 - 04/26/05 09:42 AM Re: (Kn7000) - 2 questions:
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Marco,

1. You can do this by using the Sound Edit facility and then saving the edited sound to SOUND GROUP MEMORY. Select the sound you wish to add the effect to (Bright Solid Guitar) then, PROGRAM MENUS > SOUND EDIT > EFFECT. In the SOUND DSP window, use the buttons at the bottom of the screen to select the required settings. When you have finished editing, the new sound must be saved into SOUND GROUP MEMORY.
Press EXIT once, then WRITE > SOUND NAMING > (Name) > OK > Select a Memory Bank > Press OK.
I have not had time to figure out how to apply a different effect to the drum track but I'm sure it can be done. I'll be away from home for about a week but if you do not have an answer to this question by then, I'll get back to you.

2. You can control the effects applied to the Microphone independently of the effects applied to the keyboard.
Program Menus > Reverb & Effect > Mic Reverb & Effect. If you just want Reverb, then press MIC REVERB OFF to change the display to ON.

Make sure the MIC button in the GLOBAL EFFECT is On (LED Lit). You can then set the Reverb parameters as you wish (TYPE, REVERB TIME and REVERB VOLUME)
If you wish to apply other effects to the MIC channel, then press MULTI EFFECT OFF to change the display to ON. Then press MULTI EFFECT SET, select the type of effect in the middle panel and using the side buttons, select the variations available within the effect. The selected effects can be stored in individual Panel Memories, along with other settings - make sure that Panel Momory is set to Expand Mode and 'MULTI EFFECT' is set to 'ON'. Note that the Mic Effects can be switched On and Off using the panel button 'MIC' in the 'GLOBAL EFFECT' section of the panel. The effects can also be controlled by a footswitch.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#47178 - 04/26/05 02:28 PM Re: (Kn7000) - 2 questions:
LeonB Offline

Loc: Croatia
Hi Marco!

You can get DSP efect in drum track.
Rhythm must be in COMPOSER. If you play with original KN 7000 rhythm you can patern copy in composer.
PROGRAM MENU > COMPOSER > PATTERN COPY
Select preset rhythm in FROM frame and copy to memory in TO frame (for instance MEMORY A). Press OK.

Now you can get DSP efect in drum.
PROGRAM MENUS > COMPOSER > A - RECORDING MEMORY > select pattern you want > OK
Now press one track ( DR2, DR1, AC5 …..) for input in REALTIME RACORDING menu.
Press PART SETTING and go to 2/2 page. With DSP SET you go in menu ACCOMP DSP SETTING. You can choose two different DSP efects if you want. And you can choose two DSP1 mode, SOUND MODE and TOTAL MODE.
Now go back with EXIT button. In column DSP1 and DSP2 you can get - - (of) or ON (for SOUND MODE), and value 0 – 127 ( for TOTAL MODE).
At the end you must save this change. Press button EXIT twice for to go menu RECORDING. Press OK.
Thats all.

Leon

#47179 - 04/27/05 02:17 AM Re: (Kn7000) - 2 questions:
metaldream Offline

Loc: Milan
Ok, this evening I'll try to follow your tips,

thanks,

Marco L.

#47180 - 04/27/05 12:49 PM Re: (Kn7000) - 2 questions:
LeonB Offline

Loc: Croatia
Hi Marco !

If you want to use DSP efect with rhythm, follow my instructions as I wrote just before. Now you can play song on the KN 7000 with included DSP in drum.
You can record song in sequencer with accompaniment and with your DSP setting.
But if you are recording song in sequencer withouth accompaniment (TECHNICS MULTI RECORDING, one instrument – one part) you can do that like this.

PROGRAM MENU>REVERB & EFECT > ALLOCATION > select ALLOCATION MODE : SEQUENCER

In box SOUND DSP 4 and 5 you can choose part with DSP. You can see in MIXER that there are 5 different DSP efects. In RT1, RT2, LEFT and in your chosen parts.
You can change DSP efect in any of five offered parts. Press and hold button SOUND DSP in PART EFFECT for input to SOUND DSP menu. Now you can choose different DSP effect for any part separatlly.

Leon

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online