SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#47174 - 09/19/02 10:56 AM KN2000 & file downloads
Anonymous
Unregistered

Had a KN2000 for years but not really done a lot with it. Have recently been exploring the 'net and found an assortment of file downloads suitable for the 2000 so thought I'd give it a try.

PC runs Windows XP and have been using originally supplied disc which is Double Density rather than the usual ones with PCs which are the HD type. This disc has a few songs just recorded in real-time mode by myself and I can access and use these without problem.

I can Download selected files fine and extract them to a folder on the hard-drive. I then transfer them over to the floppy and I make sure the numbers do not duplicate the track numbers of that which is already on the disc.

I feel that I am finally getting it sussed but when I put the disc back into the keyboard, the new tracks are not shown. I've tried downloading from various sources in case of incompatibility but still have the same problem.

I am able to rename/renumber the exsting tracks on the disc and these changes are shown when I use the disc again in the keyboard. I also temporarily moved one of my songs to the PC's hard drive, but when I tried to move it back to the disc, this would not show up either.

I have tried using a standard floppy with tape over the right hold and have formatted it and tried the above. The problem remains.

Any suggestions and advice greatly received as I am certainly a novice in this field.

Thanks in advance, Tracey

#47175 - 09/19/02 12:30 PM Re: KN2000 & file downloads
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya
First things first - where are you downloading from...cos I'll do the same and have a look at what arrives and see if I can convert it for you so that it works.
Roger Mepstead - also a Junior member living in Swindon Wilts

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online