SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#471677 - 06/25/19 10:36 AM Re: ot/ Touch of Grey For Men [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I experimented with hair color about 20 years ago. Too much trouble, and you are really not fooling anyone much. If they don't like the color of my hair, then heck with 'em. I usually wear a hat anyway.

#471678 - 06/25/19 10:38 AM Re: ot/ Touch of Grey For Men [Re: Uncle Dave]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave

One thing about being bald ... it's a little unfair to us white guys. A bald black head is sexy as hell, but a bald white head just looks like a thumb!🤣

That brought out a chuckle !!!!! Thanks

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#471679 - 06/25/19 10:45 AM Re: ot/ Touch of Grey For Men [Re: Uncle Dave]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave

One thing about being bald ... it's a little unfair to us white guys. A bald black head is sexy as hell, but a bald white head just looks like a thumb!🤣

Not always!!

Jerryghr

Attachments
pool.jpg

#471683 - 06/25/19 11:11 AM Re: ot/ Touch of Grey For Men [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

#471684 - 06/25/19 11:21 AM Re: ot/ Touch of Grey For Men [Re: organgrinder]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By organgrinder
One thing about a bald head, when you wake up, that's the best you are going to look all day.
MEL

Also the WORST !!!

My mother-in-law (may she rest in peace) used to say "God made only so many perfect heads, and on the rest he put hair" ...

#471685 - 06/25/19 11:24 AM Re: ot/ Touch of Grey For Men [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

#471688 - 06/25/19 11:47 AM Re: ot/ Touch of Grey For Men [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
My hair actually turned snow white when I was just 35 years of age and endured a very traumatic and painful injury that left me paralyzed from the waist down for 5 months. I spent 3 weeks in the hospital and the next 5 months was spent learning how to walk again, something the surgeon said was a 50/50 shot at best. I got lucky.

It was about a decade later when I decided to go full time into music, something I always dreamed of doing. Many of the ADs I approached said they would call me if something came up. Others hired me more or less to provide them with an audition, which 99 percent of the time, turned into a full time job.

One of the AD's, who later became a good friend, said to me about a year after she hired me "You know, when we first met, I thought you were much older because of the white hair." I explained to her what happened, and she said, "maybe you should try dying your hair - it would shave 10 to 20 years off your appearance." She was right. A few weeks after dying my hair to the same color it was when I was just 30 years old, I returned to many of the ADs that never called, and essentially turned me down for a job. All but one hired me on the spot! The one that did not hire me called me a few months later to do a special party and after the party booked me once a month for the next two years. I sincerely believe they did not recognize me with medium brown hair. Yes, appearance does count, and age discrimination does exist - no doubt about it.

Now that I am fully retired, when I look in the mirror in the morning, there's a white haired old man looking back at me. Even now, though, I have thought about spending $7.95 at the local Rite Aid and picking up the dye. Just might do it to see of the lady that cuts my hair notices. Could be interesting. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#471689 - 06/25/19 11:52 AM Re: ot/ Touch of Grey For Men [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
My hair actually turned snow white when I was just 35 years of age and endured a very traumatic and painful injury that left me paralyzed from the waist down for 5 months. I spent 3 weeks in the hospital and the next 5 months was spent learning how to walk again, something the surgeon said was a 50/50 shot at best. I got lucky.

It was about a decade later when I decided to go full time into music, something I always dreamed of doing. Many of the ADs I approached said they would call me if something came up. Others hired me more or less to provide them with an audition, which 99 percent of the time, turned into a full time job.

One of the AD's, who later became a good friend, said to me about a year after she hired me "You know, when we first met, I thought you were much older because of the white hair." I explained to her what happened, and she said, "maybe you should try dying your hair - it would shave 10 to 20 years off your appearance." She was right. A few weeks after dying my hair to the same color it was when I was just 30 years old, I returned to many of the ADs that never called, and essentially turned me down for a job. All but one hired me on the spot! The one that did not hire me called me a few months later to do a special party and after the party booked me once a month for the next two years. I sincerely believe they did not recognize me with medium brown hair. Yes, appearance does count, and age discrimination does exist - no doubt about it.

Now that I am fully retired, when I look in the mirror in the morning, there's a white haired old man looking back at me. Even now, though, I have thought about spending $7.95 at the local Rite Aid and picking up the dye. Just might do it to see of the lady that cuts my hair notices. Could be interesting. wink

Gary cool

Gary I agree even retired Musicians/Sailors
have to look good for the ladies!! Go for it !

#471691 - 06/25/19 12:11 PM Re: ot/ Touch of Grey For Men [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Just might have to give it a try, Donny. Here's a recent photo taken at the restaurant where we were going to meet up. The blond haired lady standing between Carol and I is my younger sister. She is 4 year younger than me.

All the best,

Gary cool

Attachments
Gary Carole  Carol 5 X 7.jpg

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#471692 - 06/25/19 12:14 PM Re: ot/ Touch of Grey For Men [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Gary all of you look great ....
go for it I know you will take off 20 years with a few shades darker
awaiting the final results...you going touch of grey or all the way?
which ever you choose good luck buddy.....
Ladies WATCH OUT dance2 !

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online