SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#471832 - 06/27/19 08:33 AM Re: KORG EK-50 ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I figured out that the feedback was, in fact, my fault. I created a loop by running the kb into the 1/4" ins on the VK, and by plugging the HP out (from the VK) into the kb aux in, the volume was able to get outo of control. The puzzling thing was that it only fed back, AFTER I plugged the ipad into the VK. I was able to use it at a nominal volume. This is all a mute point now, sine I've learned that the EK-50 will not fully support my needs, so I'll get a PA700, which has a 5 pin midi jack - problem solved.

#471833 - 06/27/19 08:35 AM Re: KORG EK-50 ... [Re: sparky589]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By sparky589
Dave, have you considered trying a small inline (headphone) volume control with the iPad? Behringer has 2 small models

Not sure what that would add to the mix (pun intended) The iPad has volume controls, and the HP out on the VK has a level control as well. Thanks, anyway!

#471850 - 06/27/19 10:00 AM Re: KORG EK-50 ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Dave, we kid Donny about his frequent KB purchases and Donny, in turn, admonishes me (and others) about hoarding. But in fact, one of the worst offenders is right here hiding in plain sight; his name....Uncle Dave smile. I mean, real Rhodes, SV1, PA4x?, EK40, PA700 (on the horizon), and untold volumes of 'accessory gear'. Well at least you've got SOME justification, being a full-time professional. Plus, I assume you sell or trade some of your gear, something I can't bring myself to do (hence, four organs smile ).

There seems to be three types:

1. Those that constantly buy and sell (Donny, DonM, et.al.)
2. Those that (impulsively) buy and hoard (chas and quite a few others smile ).
3. Those that buy, make themselves satisfied with their choices, and keeps them for years, sometimes decades (Fran, Russ--if you don't count his guitars :), Gary, Tony).

In the end, whatever makes you happy (and doesn't put you in the poor house smile ).

chas

#471865 - 06/27/19 10:51 AM Re: KORG EK-50 ... [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Yes I am guilty for #1 an excessive gear addict in the past
(Now Recovered) to a large degree. And it is because I made it like that. I also feel that with the stoppage of frequently released gear which is turning more and more toward Computer driven devices it has changed the landscape in a major way. There is just too much to choose from and everyone is going in a different direction. We are the last generation of OLD & NEW in one life time....once we're gone it's over.
Or is it?

#471898 - 06/27/19 02:30 PM Re: KORG EK-50 ... [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Dave, we kid Donny about his frequent KB purchases and Donny, in turn, admonishes me (and others) about hoarding. But in fact, one of the worst offenders is right here hiding in plain sight; his name....Uncle Dave smile. I mean, real Rhodes, SV1, PA4x?, EK40, PA700 (on the horizon), and untold volumes of 'accessory gear'. Well at least you've got SOME justification, being a full-time professional. Plus, I assume you sell or trade some of your gear, something I can't bring myself to do (hence, four organs smile ).

There seems to be three types:

1. Those that constantly buy and sell (Donny, DonM, et.al.)
2. Those that (impulsively) buy and hoard (chas and quite a few others smile ).
3. Those that buy, make themselves satisfied with their choices, and keeps them for years, sometimes decades (Fran, Russ--if you don't count his guitars :), Gary, Tony).

In the end, whatever makes you happy (and doesn't put you in the poor house smile ).

chas

Chas - Had to at least try it, right? How else do you know if it'll work for you? Today's mail order marketplace is built on the return system, so I take advantage of it. All it cost was $15 in return shipping to Sweetwater. Well worth the cost to give it a test. I didn't have to drive anywhere, or expend much energy to order it.
And yes - I rely on these tools for my living, so I need to be abreast of the latest things that may make my job better/easier, or more lucrative

BTW - My Rhodes is a sentimental (somewhat guilty) pleasure, and the SV-1 is a more practical studio piece to give me options for recording Rhodes-type things that need the advantages of MIDI or other digital sweeteners.
The 4x is a major recording/rehearsal piece, and the 700 is a more portable option for the teeny jobs that don't require all the fluff that's in the flagship.
Sometimes, only bread & butter is required, so why bring a buffet?

smile 'sAll gud, my friend. I'm no hoarder, but I DO need to have the right tool for the job. I evaluate honestly, and decide if it's a keeper. I only posted my trial here for the benefit of others who may be considering the same. I still like the EK50, but it's just not right for this purpose.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online