SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#471300 - 06/18/19 06:29 AM What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?....
Dnj Offline

What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?....
yep that's right I said it,....
& yes I am as guilty as everyone else...
It just seems there is Very little talk or discussion about what this forum is about and that is just like the title refers to Arranger keyboards. What I wanna know is what your thoughts are on why that is.....? That's all we used to talk about but sadly it is no more or at minimal once in a while and mostly just some you tube demo from who knows where..what is going on ?....is it because nothing NEW has been released lately to talk about ?...or just boredom losing interest?...people moving on to other things lots of people missing?....has anyone else noticed this here....there is just no talk about Arranger KBs?
sorry I just had to mention it and ask.

#471301 - 06/18/19 06:51 AM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Donny
I think we've covered a lot of ground talking about all the current and past Arrangers. Talk has veered to the business side, artist discussions, and personal anecdotes, etc.

I mean we know Fran loves his G70, Don loves his Korg, Gary loves his Yamaha, I love my BK9, Chas is a Hammond guy and you love everything for 15 minutes LOL only teasing.
Besides ahraing some specfic tricks or tips with our choosen models where can we go ?
I look at the forum almost everyday so bring on the new stuff.

#471304 - 06/18/19 07:21 AM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?

Donny, I have been so busy delving in to the sd40, I had to re-design my whole studio. There is so much to learn (which is a good thing) that I don’t have time to gloat about it. I need help with learning some of the features (which are many) and AJ has been helpful with that.

I have a feeling that my free time will be tied up continuing to understand the features of this amazing machine. Don has provided me with quite a challenge. I aim to tame this beast.
JM

#471305 - 06/18/19 07:22 AM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ditto!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#471306 - 06/18/19 07:24 AM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Originally Posted By Dnj
What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?

Donny, I have been so busy delving in to the sd40, I had to re-design my whole studio. There is so much to learn (which is a good thing) that I don’t have time to gloat about it. I need help with learning some of the features (which are many) and AJ has been helpful with that.

I have a feeling that my free time will be tied up continuing to understand the features of this amazing machine. Don has provided me with quite a challenge. I aim to tame this beast.
JM

Repetition makes perfect...
good luck you have a wonderful unit to play with.
Six months from now you'll look back and see your progress for sure.

#471318 - 06/18/19 09:03 AM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Repetition makes perfect...
good luck you have a wonderful unit to play with.
Six months from now you'll look back and see your progress for sure.

I’m shootin’ for that Donny!

#471322 - 06/18/19 09:17 AM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
People keep posting videos of organ players, piano players, jazz bands, djs, track or karaoke "artists"...Not much arranger posting. When I do post one I get the same handful of people commenting and of course saying great things, and a TON of views.
If more people would present recordings or videos of themselves or others doing actual arranger things, it would bring new life to the forum. I know it's a discussion forum, but there haven't been more than half a dozen people post arranger recordings in the past year. To be honest there never have been many. Maybe it would help if there were more.
Maybe it's just easier to find and see things on YouTube?

#471327 - 06/18/19 09:39 AM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
People keep posting videos of organ players, piano players, jazz bands, djs, track or karaoke "artists"...Not much arranger posting. When I do post one I get the same handful of people commenting and of course saying great things, and a TON of views.
If more people would present recordings or videos of themselves or others doing actual arranger things, it would bring new life to the forum. I know it's a discussion forum, but there haven't been more than half a dozen people post arranger recordings in the past year. To be honest there never have been many. Maybe it would help if there were more.
Maybe it's just easier to find and see things on YouTube?

I agree Don....like I said I as well as most are guilty..sail boats, ailments, off topic, etc, etc,......I\ve posted many things I played or sang,...but when I ask to hear things people play I get slammed for goading so you lose either way here....

#471333 - 06/18/19 10:17 AM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Dnj]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi... good topic ... I wonder if this (like any forum) is so BIG (since it's so active!) that it's hard to find things, or they get buried by newer notes/threads, etc. For example, I've posted a ton of videos of me playing songs on my arranger, just to share some experience ... and links to audio of my playing, links to registrations that I've shared, files I've shared to help others using iPads and Yamaha registrations, etc. etc. - but some of those were a few years ago, and thus the threads are "lost" due to hundreds of threads following them

I wonder if perhaps some newer readers never get to see some of all of our older posts where we've posted videos / audio samples of our playing etc., and lots of other actual Arranger Keyboard topics - because there are simply SO many threads now on the forum? Don't know how to handle ...

Could it be time to have some sub-forums ... one for videos of our own playing, one for "OT" (off-topic) topics, one for non-arranger but still music-related topics, and one for actual literal Arranger Keyboard topics??

Maybe like this:
General Arranger - On Topic (the actual Arranger specific topics)
General Arranger - Music Related but not Arranger-Specific Topics
General Arranger - OT (Off topic and fun "side topics") not related to Arrangers
General Arranger - Videos and Audio Recordings of Our playing (forum members)
General Arranger - Videos and Audio recordings of others (non-forum members)
(such as videos by Yamaha, Korg, Roland, etc. demo artists, etc.)
etc.?

I know that splitting a forum has its pros and cons ... but this forum is so great that it has grown to be HUGE and perhaps as others mentioned, to encompass many topics in addition to pure "Arranger Keyboard" topics???

Jim

#471334 - 06/18/19 10:28 AM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Dnj]
girljam Offline

Loc: FL
I am in the same mode as Mitch right now, trying to learn a bit more every day with the 970 . . . I am enjoying every minute of it, but definitely time consuming!
I played a few songs this morning using the Free Play styles, and WOW it sounded good! Are there any additional free play styles out there that the S970 can use?
Thanks!

PSR S970, PSR S910, ShureSM57 mics, and way too much misc.

#471336 - 06/18/19 11:36 AM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, if you would have taken time to look closely at the sailboat thread I started, you would have noticed the song that I posted on the initial post. It's almost as if everyone read the title of the thread, then after the initial post, it swiftly went due south. Not a single comment on the song - amazing!

Gary cool

#471340 - 06/18/19 11:59 AM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Not a single comment on the song - amazing!
Gary cool

Not that amazing, it has happened to many of us ...

#471341 - 06/18/19 12:03 PM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Tony, I was wondering if anyone even listened to it. Only a couple hits on box net.

Gary

#471346 - 06/18/19 12:13 PM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Tony, I was wondering if anyone even listened to it. Only a couple hits on box net.

Gary

Gary now you know what Don M and myself are talking about....sad..

#471353 - 06/18/19 01:23 PM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Dnj]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Just logged on to PSR tutorial

So far 40 new post today. All about arrangers, member performances, equipment, how to... etc.

No unrelated Youtube videos, sickness, what I'm eating today etc.

"Just sayin"

Jerryghr

#471354 - 06/18/19 01:28 PM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Jerryghr]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Jerryghr

So far 40 new post today. All about arrangers, member performances, equipment, how to... etc.

"Just sayin"

Jerryghr

and the best part every one there shares there music
and songs they play headphone
....it's a very nice informative site always was.
I wouldn't mind a forum overseer to keep thing in shape here
and on topic, etc,...all else gets moved to where it should go.

Edited by Dnj (06/18/19 01:30 PM)

#471355 - 06/18/19 01:28 PM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: travlin'easy]
girljam Offline

Loc: FL
I did Gary! Great job, as always!

PSR S970, PSR S910, ShureSM57 mics, and way too much misc.

#471356 - 06/18/19 01:30 PM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Jerryghr]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA

"Just sayin"

Jerryghr

Yep, now all you need are similar sites for Korg, Roland, Casio, and Ketron.

smile

chas

#471357 - 06/18/19 01:32 PM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles

"Just sayin"

Jerryghr

:)chas

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/category/5/The_Arranger_Keyboard_Forums

#471359 - 06/18/19 02:00 PM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Dnj]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Since the arranger I use for roughs is 22 years old and I don't play live with one, I'd be SOL if this site were limited to all arranger talk.

R.

#471361 - 06/18/19 02:25 PM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By cgiles

"Just sayin"

Jerryghr

:)chas

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/category/5/The_Arranger_Keyboard_Forums

Yes Donny, I'm aware of those sites (including the Yamaha forum). And how many of them are SIMILAR TO PSR TUTORIAL?

chas

#471362 - 06/18/19 02:28 PM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: captain Russ]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By captain Russ
Since the arranger I use for roughs is 22 years old and I don't play live with one, I'd be SOL if this site were limited to all arranger talk.

R.

I think we enjoy it for what it is, or else we wouldn't be coming here every day to see what's happening.

It's kind of like a "Musicians Facebook"

Jerryghr

#471365 - 06/18/19 02:48 PM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Jerryghr]
travlin'easy Offline

R.

I think we enjoy it for what it is, or else we wouldn't be coming here every day to see what's happening.

Jerryghr

Yep! smile

#471366 - 06/18/19 02:49 PM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Jerryghr]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
R.

Jerryghr

+1, Jerry, on why we are here ...

laugh2 Jerry, when I'm on S-Z I tell my wife I'm on MY Facebook !!!

Russ ... have no fear ...while more AKB stuff would be welcome, there will ALWAYS be 'OT' chatter ... it's who we are ...

#471368 - 06/18/19 03:12 PM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Dnj]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
I for one like SZ just the way it is OT rants and all. I go to 2 forum's daily and SZ is always checked first, PSR Tutorial 2nd. {I do several others, each for their individual reasons.

#471371 - 06/18/19 04:19 PM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I like what you guys who commented on SZ said, “it’s your Facebook”.

I think one of the huge difference here is that those who visit regularly have become friends. It’s become more personal friendships than just arranger talk. There’s a number of us too who live in the Northeast to Mid-Atlantic states. We’ve gotten together in the past. Our buddy Tony and I have not only gone to each others gigs but have had a number of meals together both at his home and restaurants ( great hospitality too from Tony and his wife). I’ve been to 2 arranger jams one at Gary’s where I met Ed Shoemaker, BIll Lewis, AJ the late Joe Ayala and a couple of other of Gary’s musician friends. Also been to one at Frankieve’s AudioWorks where I met AJ, TonyMads,Mikey Maestro, Luckly2Bhere ( haven’t seen him post in ages), Prelapse and a couple of others whose names I don’t remember.

#471373 - 06/18/19 05:11 PM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Stephenm52]
jingleman Offline

Through this forum I have come to know many musicians, who I now refer to as friends. I don’t play out, so performing tunes and uploading them isn’t really what I do. But I have to admit, since getting the sd40...I’ve contemplated putting a set together.

My main focus is creation, so when I feel as though I have something worth sharing...I will do so.

But as we all age...having a place to share stories, health issues, or whatever anecdotes we want to share, I see as interesting and fun reading.

I see this place as a catalyst to create conversation about all aspects of music and friendship. Since 2005...not a day’s gone by that I haven’t checked in to see what’s going on with members. I’m not a huge contributor...but I know where to come when I do.

Thank you all for your contributions to this wonderful place.
jingleman

#471378 - 06/18/19 06:48 PM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Stephenm52]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Originally Posted By Stephenm52
We’ve gotten together in the past.

Seems like everyone comes to Florida sometime, and several SZers have stopped by to say hi or go on a gig with me. Glen Toth from Ohio, Tom Cavanaugh from Michigan, Gary and a few others have dropped by over the years. John C (Bruno) and I have visited each other where I always learned something new. Now that Steve is a p/t Floridian, I'm hoping we can get together sometime.

Carol and I have made mini-vacation trips to Maryland and Louisiana for jams at Gary's and Don's. We made some good friends and even got to accompany Gary's Daughter, Laura, who is a very good singer.

The PSR Tutorial is a fantastic resource for anything and everything to do with Yamaha PSRs and Genos. Synthzone General Arranger Forum is a different animal and the camaraderie and variety of subjects is unique and appreciated.

Eddie

#471381 - 06/18/19 08:52 PM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Continuing to discuss this topic :), I remember back to 1985, my pre arranger days.. I posted this before... I recorded this at Dave's studio, on his available gear.. A casio, and a 707 drum machine. On top of that my vocalist was not feeling well..

I gigged with a Roland JX10, Juno2, tr707 and a Yamaha TX81z.

http://francarango.homestead.com/Jessie_and_Fran_mp3.mp3

Okay to add arranger topic stuff.. Here is a link to my G70 live on a senior job.

http://seniors4u.homestead.com/discography.html

Edited by Fran Carango (06/18/19 09:04 PM)

#471393 - 06/19/19 06:39 AM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Continuing to discuss this topic :), I remember back to 1985, my pre arranger days.. I posted this before... I recorded this at Dave's studio, on his available gear.. A casio, and a 707 drum machine. On top of that my vocalist was not feeling well..

Okay to add arranger topic stuff.. Here is a link to my G70 live on a senior job.

Fran I like your website clap headphone
...lots of good things to listen too...
& your making people happy..
thanx for sharing.

Edited by Dnj (06/21/19 09:33 AM)

#471428 - 06/19/19 09:08 PM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Fran Carango]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA

Wow what an awesome list of gear. I have used all of those and they were all capable of performing great music. It is the musician who makes the difference. I also had a JX8P, 707 and TX802 back then. Not so different at all.

#471498 - 06/21/19 06:29 AM Re: What happened to Arranger KB talk on SZ?.... [Re: Fran Carango]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas

Thank you for sharing your work out in the “ trenches” . I wish more folks here on SZ were more open to doing the same. Here in Texas there are so few arranger players performing it can be difficult to get ideas and inspiration....

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online